White Sox vs. Yankees, 5/16/07 Lets Play Two!! (W), (L)

RME JICO

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ May 15, 2007 -> 09:38 PM)
It will be interesting to see who starts on Sunday, as Danks would be on three days rest. I would like to see Garland start tomorrow (with Jose pushed back), then have Garland pitch on short rest Sunday. Other options are Danks on short rest, and Haeger/Russell/Broadway(which could be a disaster).

Coop just said Masset will also be in the picture which would be his ML debut so who knows even though I'll take Masset over anyone in AAA. So I doubt we'll see the ol' ring around the AAA 5th spot regardless. IMO, I think someone will just pitch on short rest.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 15, 2007 -> 10:03 PM)
I was there and this is the most ridiculous postponement I have ever witnessed. I had no hat. I had no umbrella, I watched most of the Bulls game from my seat exposed to all elements, and while I was a little damp, if you looked at me, you would have no idea I was out in a 2 hour rain delay. In fact, you would not be able to tell I was in the rain for 2 minutes. If they started at 7:30, the game would not have been delayed. The clubbies were dumping the gatorade coolers about 45 minutes before Gene Honda announced the postponement, which occurred at around 9:15, about the time they said the rain would stop. It was not raining at all when said announcement was made. Its also suspiciously about the same time beer sales would end and the hot dog stands would shut down had the game started on time. When we left, 1 minute after the announcement, the Yankees were already on their bus. I also have a problem with having the make-up date the next day. This isn't Wrigleyville, Sox fans have to go to work.

They were actually a trio.

Best damn seats in my Ozzie freakin plan and I get jobbed like this. They could of played. It was a mist if anything. And the best part is I get charged 2 bucks per ticket to transfer them to my brother over email. Nothing like squeezing blood out of the turnip. I have 2 meetings in the afternoon that I cannot reschedule or I would of taken off. There were a ton of people livid on this.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(SoxAce @ May 15, 2007 -> 10:50 PM)
Coop just said Masset will also be in the picture which would be his ML debut so who knows even though I'll take Masset over anyone in AAA. So I doubt we'll see the ol' ring around the AAA 5th spot regardless. IMO, I think someone will just pitch on short rest.

I will throw up if Masset starts. If I had to choose someone from the minors it would be Floyd or Broadway.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 15, 2007 -> 10:03 PM)
I was there and this is the most ridiculous postponement I have ever witnessed. I had no hat. I had no umbrella, I watched most of the Bulls game from my seat exposed to all elements, and while I was a little damp, if you looked at me, you would have no idea I was out in a 2 hour rain delay. In fact, you would not be able to tell I was in the rain for 2 minutes. If they started at 7:30, the game would not have been delayed. The clubbies were dumping the gatorade coolers about 45 minutes before Gene Honda announced the postponement, which occurred at around 9:15, about the time they said the rain would stop. It was not raining at all when said announcement was made. Its also suspiciously about the same time beer sales would end and the hot dog stands would shut down had the game started on time. When we left, 1 minute after the announcement, the Yankees were already on their bus. I also have a problem with having the make-up date the next day. This isn't Wrigleyville, Sox fans have to go to work.

They were actually a trio.

I agree the weather was not that bad. if they started the game they would have finished without a delay. I heard about the cancellation from a security guard and beer vendoe 25 minutes before a annoucement on the pa. why is that? want peop;e to spend more or the players wanted to get out before the crowd? Also, why tommorow? why not in june when they come back so they can give people notice and make plans, not everyone can walk into to work and say I need the afternoon off.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ May 16, 2007 -> 04:05 AM)
I will throw up if Masset starts. If I had to choose someone from the minors it would be Floyd or Broadway.

You'd throw up if it's Masset, but you wouldn't mind seeing Floyd or Broadway? Let's just say I'm going to be extremely pissed if we have to start Masset against the Cubs due to not playing the game last night for some stupid reason. It's similar to how we cost ourselves a chance at facing the Twins worst pitcher (Ponson) in a game earlier this year because we called a game due to the "cold", even though it was cause our bullpen was so tired.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ May 16, 2007 -> 12:44 PM)
Lets go Sox. Lets get two today.

Anyone here think Mike Mussina will make the hall of fame?

I don't, I think he has good numbers, but not HOF level.

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE(fathom @ May 16, 2007 -> 08:50 AM)
You'd throw up if it's Masset, but you wouldn't mind seeing Floyd or Broadway? Let's just say I'm going to be extremely pissed if we have to start Masset against the Cubs due to not playing the game last night for some stupid reason. It's similar to how we cost ourselves a chance at facing the Twins worst pitcher (Ponson) in a game earlier this year because we called a game due to the "cold", even though it was cause our bullpen was so tired.

I would rather see Broadway/Floyd than Masset.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ May 16, 2007 -> 12:51 PM)
I don't, I think he has good numbers, but not HOF level.

3 Players, which seem to be Hall of Fame worthy based on their career numbers?

3.46 ERA | 120 ERA+ | 1.303 WHIP | 2510 K, 1417 BB | 644 GS, .605 W%, 55 CG, 24 SHO

3.64 ERA | 125 ERA+ | 1.177 WHIP | 2581 K, 724 BB | 479 GS, .641 W%, 57 CG, 23 SHO

3.44 ERA | 127 ERA+ | 1.134 WHIP | 3056 K, 699 BB | 420 GS, .603 W%, 82 CG, 19 SHO

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 16, 2007 -> 01:07 PM)
3 Players, which seem to be Hall of Fame worthy based on their career numbers?

3.46 ERA | 120 ERA+ | 1.303 WHIP | 2510 K, 1417 BB | 644 GS, .605 W%, 55 CG, 24 SHO

3.64 ERA | 125 ERA+ | 1.177 WHIP | 2581 K, 724 BB | 479 GS, .641 W%, 57 CG, 23 SHO

3.44 ERA | 127 ERA+ | 1.134 WHIP | 3056 K, 699 BB | 420 GS, .603 W%, 82 CG, 19 SHO

The bottom one

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ May 16, 2007 -> 01:09 PM)
haha listening to that chick on the yanks radio is a riot

He gone!

OH my gawd. oh my gawd. Roger Clemens is here. Oh my gawd.