Anybody hear the Alomar rumor?

Cali

I'll take Alomar. He's an AL player. Good team leader, has speed and good defense, makes things happen

Castillo can do all of that as well. He is a National League player, but I still think he can help this team.

CWSOX45

Hey guys, if we take Alomar and his contract from the Mets, we would not have to give anything remotely resembling a top prospect.

Look at what Juan Gonzalez was worth. They were going to get two low level prospects and pay Juans salary for the rest of the year. The Mets are in the same type of position as the Rangers. High payroll, underachievers. This might not be a tough deal to make.

Look at what Juan Gonzalez was worth.  They were going to get two low level prospects and pay Juans salary for the rest of the year.  The Mets are in the same type of position as the Rangers.  High payroll, underachievers.  This might not be a tough deal to make.

I think they would take DJ for him.

Even though I like DJ a lot, I don't think I could pass on a chance toi get one of the better 2nd baseman of all time on our team.

But like I said earlier i wouldn't just settle for Alomar I would try and get Weathers also thier setup man. He is tiead with Dotel in the NL with 15 holds. No one on the Sox's even has 10.

Castillo for Rauch and prospects

or

Alomar for Sanders or less

Well if I were KW.......................

wtf...do you think Tim Duquette is coke addict.

The Mets believe it or not prefer fair trades, rather than getting taken to the cleaners.

I don't believe they are looking to trade a solid secondbaseman and cover his costs for a middle reliever. It will probably take a decent starting pitching prospect and maybe Sanders too, or maybe a lesser prospect to get Alomar and his contract.

My beef with him is that fact that he is like Jose Valentin at the plate, only a slightly better hitter with less power. 

He's really good from the left side of the plate(hitting .312), but he can't hit righties(hitting .169).

If we could get him for Jimenez straight up, I'd do it in a heartbeat

wait a second here. You are talking about the best second baseman of this era.

He is a defensive genious (though some are calling him cautious this year, which resulted in some errors early in April), and he is a good hitter when not playing for the Mets. I think the change of scenery would do him good.

As for the salary thing, the Mets would cover his salary. They don't care b/c it is one year and they just want some young guys and are trying to clean house.

On the other hand, it will take more than Jimenez.

Maybe comparing him to Jose like I did is unfair. But you are creating double standards here. Just because he was something 2 years ago doesn't necessarily mean he is that same thing now. Two years ago, Phil Nevin hit 41 homers. He played in 40 fewer games last year and hit 12 homers, and this year he isn't even playing. People on here b**** about that all the time. Frank Thomas was the greatest hitter of the 90s, no question. But is a team going to give up anything for him? Maybe if he were in the last year of his deal, like Alomar is, but that's about it.

I realize Alomar can be good, and I never said I didn't want him. I just said he can't hit lefties...the same way Jose can't hit lefties.

I would also like Weathers, as I stated in another thread.

Alomar will be 36 after this season...at 9 Mill? No thanks, I'll take my chances with Jimenez and his hitting potential which he has in plenty.

(Incidentally, there are a TON of people we can acquire who will help us more- Mike Cameron and Matsui included. With line-up protection, those guys are MONEY players in the prime of their careers.)