Ozzie

daa84

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 18, 2007 -> 08:29 PM)
now this little thing is going to turn into a media frenzy... I could see the Headlines tomorrow in the sports section:

"White Sox manager supporter of the KKK, swears at a white radio host"

This'll die down fast. All he really did was curse. Who f***ing cares?

AJ, on the other hand, has to learn how to deal with the fact that his backup doesn't suck. At least, hopefully doesn't.

AJ's clip was on the website as well. He really didn't say anything controversial at all, just that he was dissappointed he wasn't playing and he didn't need a rest. I don't know what happened between AJ's and Ozzie's appearances, thats the big question, and when Ozzie came on and North said, "hey Ozzie, what's going on?" Ozzie may not have known at that time he was on the air when he replied, "shut the f*** up". Listening to sports radio shows when you are a manager is only going to piss you off. Ozzie should get some Rush CDs to listen to on his ride to the park.

I used to be a HUGE North fan when he was on in the afternoon, but the bump to the morning spot has blown his head to the point he thinks he's larger than the city and the teams he's supposed to be covering. Ozzie was right on.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 18, 2007 -> 10:10 AM)
I just don't understand why the White Sox let the media bother them so much. What did Ozzie think he would accomplish by calling in and arguing on the air?

I have to say is that the media has had a stranglehold over our organization. I know when I say this I am probably going to get a lot of flock but with all the exposure the Cubs have gotten in the past decades and the Tribune it kind of puts us in a different light. We take what criticism we get very seriously. I think our Organization is sensitive to that stuff because I think deep down we enjoy being the underdogs. If you look at all our former players who left they all have had something negative pretty much to say. We take pride and we don't take s*** from nobody. Mike North has a right to criticize as a fan but Ozzie is Ozzie. I personally don't care for Mike North. I don't agree with most of his opinions on his show. AJ was misquoted on his morning show and Mike North being the Cub fan that he is wanted to get under Ozzie's skin. I think the media tries to piss Ozzie off because its gives them something to write about.

Edited by WinningUgly85

QUOTE(Top Notch @ May 21, 2007 -> 11:02 AM)
It's not on the main page. No, I am not "kidding."

Well, you could "look" for it.

You asked why it wasnt posted somewhere else. I showed you where it was posted :huh

QUOTE(Allsox @ May 18, 2007 -> 01:02 PM)
Don't get me started about that douchebag's salary. Because of it, the Score couldn't throw anything but peanuts to John Rooney after the '05 season, hence, losing one of the greatest play-by-play announcers this town ever had. I will always blame Mike North for that loss and nothing anybody says will convince me otherwise.

How about the fact that the radio and tv announcers are employees of The Chicago White Sox. Mike North's salary at the Score had absolutely zero impact on John Rooney's contract negotiations.

QUOTE(WinningUgly85 @ May 19, 2007 -> 12:50 AM)
I have to say is that the media has had a stranglehold over our organization. I know when I say this I am probably going to get a lot of flock but with all the exposure the Cubs have gotten in the past decades and the Tribune it kind of puts us in a different light. We take what criticism we get very seriously. I think our Organization is sensitive to that stuff because I think deep down we enjoy being the underdogs. If you look at all our former players who left they all have had something negative pretty much to say. We take pride and we don't take s*** from nobody. Mike North has a right to criticize as a fan but Ozzie is Ozzie. I personally don't care for Mike North. I don't agree with most of his opinions on his show. AJ was misquoted on his morning show and Mike North being the Cub fan that he is wanted to get under Ozzie's skin. I think the media tries to piss Ozzie off because its gives them something to write about.

first i have heard that before.

QUOTE(JoeCredeYes @ May 21, 2007 -> 11:30 AM)
How about the fact that the radio and tv announcers are employees of The Chicago White Sox. Mike North's salary at the Score had absolutely zero impact on John Rooney's contract negotiations.

Actually they are not. The stations are the ones who technically hire, fire, and pay announcers.

QUOTE(JoeCredeYes @ May 21, 2007 -> 11:30 AM)

This is incorrect. And not that it mattered, but JR threw some $$ in the pot to try to get John to stay. The truth is that St Louis was a job that John had been wanting for years and there was nothing that was going to keep him in Chicago.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ May 21, 2007 -> 12:03 PM)
thats because he is a sox fan...i dont see how people dont know that ;) i guess they dont listen to his show

i know, he has season tickets about 4 rows up from the field. You can usually see or hear him throughout a game.