Ozzie

daa84

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 18, 2007 -> 12:05 PM)
I agree with you there. I just don't know if Ozzie can maintain credibility with his players over the long haul. I think his 'buffoon" persona will catch up with him eventually.

I don't think that persona exsists in the clubhouse. I think that is a public thing used to divert attention away from other, more important problems.

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 18, 2007 -> 12:16 PM)
Mike North shouldn't even have a license to be on the radio for the first part. Second off, if AJ was having a problem with not playing, he should have taken it up with Ozzie. I know AJ wants to play every day, but he's in no place to be talking to a low-life radio host like North about it on the air.

Also, I really think the torn Labrum was something Toby already had. I in fact knew some people who had torn labrums, but were still able to play. I think in the ST, he aggravated it by that dive. I think he will be fine for the rest of the year.

And it's not like AJ has a canon behind the plate either.

A licence to be on the radio? HA!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ May 18, 2007 -> 01:01 PM)
What did AJ say?

It's a pretty short interview, and it's on 670's website. Basically just that he's "disappointed", "surprised", "frustrated", doesn't need a rest ("How come noone asked me?")...but "I don't make the lineup".

Funniest thing is how much North thinks of himself. "Who do you think you're talking to?" Lof'nl.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 18, 2007 -> 12:30 PM)
North is an idiot. I guarantee he wouldn't talk to Oz face to face like that.

It was like he got a chance to yell. Ok yell once say respect me and go on with the interview. But North had to keep yelling the same thing over and over...It was just a chance for him to scream.

North began his rant by saying it was to early for Hall to come back and compared it to John Wayne having lung cancer and when told that the trainers had to approve it he said the cubs trainers have no credability. Hall begged to come back.

Harrelson said it best. For the first time ever this series means s***. The Sox are in possibly the most heated pennent race since the divisional format was created. The line-up put out there needs to hit Lilly. They can not hit lefties so they have to put out the best nine that can. Unfortunatly Hall is a catcher. Look at the Mets yesterday, AJ will pinch hit if needed. If he wasn't pissed there would be a problem.

A reporter once said that when they have nothing really to write about, they just ask Ozzie a question and let him run with it and pretty soon he'll say some thing controversial (dumb). Ozzie simply is not smart enough to not take the bait. AJ is like Dino Cicarelli, an instigator, but smart. He knows just when to annoy people. Ozzie just can't avoid controversy.

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 18, 2007 -> 12:38 PM)
Too much contreversy this time... :huh

The only slight controversy I see here is between AJ and Ozzie which could easily be handled out of the media spotlight. If they have such a problem with North then stop going on his show. If AJ has a problem with not playing today he and Ozzie can easily sort that out without Oz going on the radio and making an ass of himself. What exactly did Ozzie gain by telling North to shut the f*** up? Instead of a small controversy between player and manager he's now created a situation that all of his players will have to answer to for the next week.

I just wish he had a little more control over what comes out of his mouth. According to KW Guillen didn't even realize how many times he said the word f***, if Mike North is inducing temporary insanity in Ozzie then perhaps Oz is in need of some sort of medication.

I just heard the quick rehash on it and I'm behind Ozzie on this one. His first statement to North of "Shut the $%@& up" was appropriate given the fact North was making something out of nothing. If AJ's disappointed in not starting today, good! I'd of been surprised if AJ didn't say he was. But why is it news to North that AJ's not playing today given the fact the Sox hafta know if Hall can play?

The sickening part of it though was North telling Ozzie don't talk down to him. This from a guy who makes "suggestive" comments to the females that work on his terrible show.

QUOTE(Allsox @ May 18, 2007 -> 12:47 PM)
I just heard the quick rehash on it and I'm behind Ozzie on this one. His first statement to North of "Shut the $%@& up" was appropriate given the fact North was making something out of nothing. If AJ's disappointed in not starting today, good! I'd of been surprised if AJ didn't say he was. But why is it news to North that AJ's not playing today given the fact the Sox hafta know if Hall can play?

Because this just created more interest in North, the Score and the Score's website than there was before his show this morning. North has pretty much nothing to lose by creating a situation where they may not be one. North pretty much did his job this morning, why do you think he makes 7 figures?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 18, 2007 -> 05:49 PM)
Because this just created more interest in North, the Score and the Score's website than there was before his show this morning. North has pretty much nothing to lose by creating a situation where they may not be one. North pretty much did his job this morning, why do you think he makes 7 figures?

Don't get me started about that douchebag's salary. Because of it, the Score couldn't throw anything but peanuts to John Rooney after the '05 season, hence, losing one of the greatest play-by-play announcers this town ever had. I will always blame Mike North for that loss and nothing anybody says will convince me otherwise.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ May 18, 2007 -> 05:24 PM)
It's a pretty short interview, and it's on 670's website. Basically just that he's "disappointed", "surprised", "frustrated", doesn't need a rest ("How come noone asked me?")...but "I don't make the lineup".

Funniest thing is how much North thinks of himself. "Who do you think you're talking to?" Lof'nl.

I'll stick up for Ozzie on this....AJP needs to STFU then. Maybe if he hit lefties better, he wouldn't have to worry about it. AJP, more than anyone, should have seen just how bad Molina is, and how much of an upgrade Hall is.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 18, 2007 -> 02:49 PM)
If you're going to play a catcher who can't throw, there's probably no better guy to have on the mound than Buehrle. He either picks guys off or they get a HUGE jump against him. I'm not one to defend Ozzie, but if this was legit, then I have no problem with him going off on Mike North.

Was Hall's defense always suspect? I know people liked his bat. He is going to play behind the plate sometime so if he is a bad catcher we need to get used to it. Not like it mind you just have to get used to the errors

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ May 18, 2007 -> 05:06 PM)
Was Hall's defense always suspect? I know people liked his bat. He is going to play behind the plate sometime so if he is a bad catcher we need to get used to it. Not like it mind you just have to get used to the errors

Actually Hall is very skilled behind the plate. When talking about a "catcher who can not throw" he means Hall is coming off a torn labrum which should hamper his throwing ability. Hall has been good at 2 things over the course of his career hitting lefties and playing some pretty solid defense behind the plate.

QUOTE(greg775 @ May 18, 2007 -> 05:55 PM)
Usually when a guy needs surgery its best to suck it up and get it taken care of.

If he can't throw, what good is he??? Right he's worthless.

1.) He rehabbed the injury and got back 1.5 months after the injury which is amazing.

2.) He's already producing offensively going 2 for 3 today with a run.

3.) He can throw just fine.

4.) It's not like AJ can throw anyway out anyway, he's thrown out a grand total of 2 baserunners this year. HIZZAH!