White Sox vs. Cubs, 5/18/07 (L)

BearSox

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 18, 2007 -> 09:45 PM)
Buerhle needed to be lifted. If Ozzie brought in a lefty and Derek Lee came to the plate, how dumb would everyone have called that move?

The guy up is a switch hitter. You bring in a guy that is right handed, forcing the hitter to switch to the left side anad he cant get out lefties. To say this was anything but a dumb move is beyond me.

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 18, 2007 -> 10:05 PM)
The guy up is a switch hitter. You bring in a guy that is right handed, forcing the hitter to switch to the left side anad he cant get out lefties. To say this was anything but a dumb move is beyond me.

Pagan is hitting .412 with 2 homers in 17 ABs vs. LHP so far against lefties and hitting .600 against righties. If MacDougal isn't ever going to be able to get out LH hitters, the Sox are in big trouble.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 18, 2007 -> 10:21 PM)
Pagan is hitting .412 with 2 homers in 17 ABs vs. LHP so far against lefties and hitting .600 against righties. If MacDougal isn't ever going to be able to get out LH hitters, the Sox are in big trouble.

Righties bat .197 against MacDougal and lefties hit .417 against him. So its seems that every lefty looks like a Joe Mauer in a groove against him. While righties look like Rob Mackowiak.

I would rather face Mack insteda of Mauer. But hey maybe Ozzie's magic 8 bal knows a lot more than stats.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 18, 2007 -> 10:27 PM)
Righties bat .197 against MacDougal and lefties hit .417 against him. So its seems that every lefty looks like a Joe Mauer in a groove against him. While righties look like Rob Mackowiak.

I would rather face Mack insteda of Mauer. But hey maybe Ozzie's magic 8 bal knows a lot more than stats.

I have never been a fan of Ozzie, but if Buerhle was left in, or Thornton was brought in or Aardsma or Logan or anyone else, if Pagan got a hit, and he's basically scorching everything right now, Ozzie would have been a dufus.