Motherf***ingdips***dumbass Ozzie

aboz56

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 18, 2007 -> 09:26 PM)
Maybe it's just the fathom in me speaking, but even when we were up 3-1, but all game, it just felt like waiting for the other shoe to drop with the Sox. That says nothing of Buehrle, who was pretty good -- not as efficient as he usually is with his pitches, but still pretty good -- but that one (then two) run lead never really had me comfortable.

The Sox really need to win tomorrow, as I'm not liking that Sunday matchup one bit.

One of the reason our bullpen has blown so many games is that we never, ever, expand the lead in the 6th or 7th inning if we're leading early in the game. It's just a pathetic all-around offense right now. Our offense is playing a 6 inning game, and our pitching has to get 27 outs.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ May 18, 2007 -> 03:24 PM)
and steroids or an aluminum bat

You can't be any more wrong here. Ryan Sweeney has quick hands and can turn on the ball at any time. He just needs a good hitting coach to give him good advice. Sweeney isn't gonna be hitting any inside pitchs with that new stance he has.

QUOTE(Balance @ May 18, 2007 -> 04:21 PM)
I just don't want Cliff MacDougal anywhere near a close game. He should be the last man out of the pen.

Wasn't it Cliff Thornton a week ago? Wasn't it Nick (Masset) Cotts the week before? The two guys that people are arguing should have pitched in his place? If Ozzie had taken out Macdougal quicker and put one of them in, we'd be hearing "OH OZZIE IS PLAYING THE MATCHUPS AGAIN" if something went wrong or some other hindsight bias junk that's continually on the board.

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 18, 2007 -> 04:24 PM)
The only thing Sweeney needs is a real hitting coach.

He needs to get stronger and start every day. He's not good enough to be an everyday LF yet in the majors.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ May 18, 2007 -> 04:24 PM)
I tend to agree with you, this loss was obviously pathetic, but Javy has been pitching well, so go get them tomorrow. Zambrano has had 1 good start recentally, and he is a head case, so I'm not quite putting that one in the loss column just yet

We'll have some pathetic losses, every team does. We're still playing extremely well considering we suck right now.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ May 18, 2007 -> 04:25 PM)
You want Anderson and Erstad to start in LF and CF?

We will average 3.5 runs per game for the rest of the season with that line-up.

Well, I said I wanted a real LF, or an additional real outfielder. We've got like 1.5 outfielders right now. Terrero doesn't count, while the rest have been sucking balls, and Grinderstad can't decide if he wants to suck or play well.

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 18, 2007 -> 09:28 PM)
You can't be any more wrong here. Ryan Sweeney has quick hands and can turn on the ball at any time. He just needs a good hitting coach to give him good advice. Sweeney isn't gonna be hitting any inside pitchs with that new stance he has.

Sweeney breaks more bats right now than any player I've seen in a long time. Until he starts driving the ball into the gap, he's going to have to overcome the Sean Burroughs comparisons.

Brought in MacDougal to face a switch-hitter. Coming into today, MacDougal was allowing lefty hitters to hit him at a .417 clip. If you're going to bring him in, then let him face Theriot.

YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!!!!!

IF YOU HAVE YOUR MIND MADE UP TO TAKE BUEHRLE OUT IN THAT SPOT, THEN PUT IN A LEFTY

( THORTON) AND MAKE PAGAN HIT RIGHTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TERRIBLE MANAGERIAL MOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 18, 2007 -> 04:28 PM)

He still has crappy power numbers for a corner outfielder.

QUOTE(jenksd @ May 18, 2007 -> 09:28 PM)
Wasn't it Cliff Thornton a week ago? Wasn't it Nick (Masset) Cotts the week before? The two guys that people are arguing should have pitched in his place? If Ozzie had taken out Macdougal quicker and put one of them in, we'd be hearing "OH OZZIE IS PLAYING THE MATCHUPS AGAIN" if something went wrong or some other hindsight bias junk that's continually on the board.

Aardsma, Thornton, and Jenks are clearly the three best relievers we have right now.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 18, 2007 -> 04:28 PM)
One of the reason our bullpen has blown so many games is that we never, ever, expand the lead in the 6th or 7th inning if we're leading early in the game. It's just a pathetic all-around offense right now. Our offense is playing a 6 inning game, and our pitching has to get 27 outs.

But the weird thing is that, at one point, 8 of our 9 wins on the road were "comeback" wins, which flies in the face of that...overall, this team has been terribly inconsistent and looks like the offense isn't good enough to go on a prolonged winning streak, and the starting rotation will prevent a long losing streak.

It was, what, our fourth or fifth chance to climb to 4 games over .500 this year? I hope that's not the high water mark for this season.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 18, 2007 -> 04:26 PM)
I could have sworn I answered your question about a move Ozzie made that led to the loss today. When you're up 3-1 with 9 outs remaining, you go for the f***ing win and don't assume you'll score another run that game.

I acknowledge that you answered my question. But it's ludicrous how the onus is almost exclusively put on him regardless of what else happened during the game EVERY single time the Sox lose. It's annoying.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ May 18, 2007 -> 09:30 PM)
But the weird thing is that, at one point, 8 of our 9 wins on the road were "comeback" wins, which flies in the face of that...overall, this team has been terribly inconsistent and looks like the offense isn't good enough to go on a prolonged winning streak, and the starting rotation will prevent a long losing streak.

It was, what, our fourth or fifth chance to climb to 4 games over .500 this year? I hope that's not the high water mark for this season.

Sorry, I was talking about the games where we maybe took a 3-1 or 4-2 advantage by the 3rd or 4th inning.

QUOTE(jenksd @ May 18, 2007 -> 09:30 PM)
I acknowledge that you answered my question. But it's ludicrous how the onus is almost exclusively put on him regardless of what else happened during the game EVERY single time the Sox lose. It's annoying.

Ozzie's been blamed less for losses this year than he did in 2005 and 2006. Greg Walker has been the whipping boy all season. And he's the one making the decisions, and when a reliever comes in and immediately blows the game, he's the one who's going to get criticized. I never said he cost us this game though.

QUOTE(jenksd @ May 18, 2007 -> 09:32 PM)
and two of them "Clearly shouldn't ever pitch again" two weeks ago.

Who ever said that? Now you're just making up s***.

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 18, 2007 -> 04:31 PM)
How soon until the Fields project? We need a thirdbaseman who can hit and field. Right now, we have one that can't do either in Ozuna, and one who can only field in Crede.

Something has to be done.

The problem is that Fields is an "average" fielder at best (for now), and will strike out at least 33% of the time.

If you bench Crede, you devalue anything he will bring in return. It's fine to bring Fields up in September, or try him as the DH, but Thome is about to come back.