White Sox vs, Cubs, 5/19/07 (L)

Heads22

QUOTE(fathom @ May 19, 2007 -> 04:31 PM)
Cubs have more talent offensively than the Sox do.

That may be true, but I still believe we are the more talented team altogether, although it is debateble. Still my opinion is the same, bad time for a real emotional series like this one.

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ May 19, 2007 -> 04:30 PM)
OZZIE SUCKS...ITS HIS FAULT CREDE WENT YARD.....

no, it's only ozzie's fault when things go wrong. when something good happens it's just in-spite of him. duh

:P

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ May 19, 2007 -> 04:32 PM)
Its sad that even if we win today, we have absolutely zero chance tomorrow because Ozzie is a moron. Seriously, Gio>>>Masset. Gio is a lefty and has better stuff, Masset will be rocked and Oz will look like a moron. Personally, I would have started Danks or Count on short rest, but Gio is the best option in the minors.

That's a joke right?

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ May 19, 2007 -> 04:32 PM)
Its sad that even if we win today, we have absolutely zero chance tomorrow because Ozzie is a moron. Seriously, Gio>>>Masset. Gio is a lefty and has better stuff, Masset will be rocked and Oz will look like a moron. Personally, I would have started Danks or Count on short rest, but Gio is the best option in the minors.

Unless he pulls an Arnie Munoz and we have to use our bullpen for 8 innings.

Floyd and Egbert are the pitchers who would come into Sunday with that as the natural spot for them pitch in rest-wise.

QUOTE(Chopper2Hopper @ May 19, 2007 -> 04:33 PM)
I'm telling you, Masset=Felix Diaz! I was at the Diaz game, and said beforehand that if he beat the Cubs I'd get his name and number on my jersey. Of course I didn't, but I'll say the same for Nick! :gosox4:

I am one of the few guys who like Nick Masset. I think his two seamer and his curveball can be plus pitches. He just needs to throw more strikes. He doesnt have the tick below Jenks stuff in velocity. I would of rather had Massett in AAA learning how to be a starter than have him doing mop up here.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ May 19, 2007 -> 04:35 PM)

Floyd and Egbert are the pitchers who would come into Sunday with that as the natural spot for them pitch in rest-wise.

Floyd would due to being on the 40 man. They could always send down Terrero, call up Floyd. Send down Floyd, activate Thome.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ May 19, 2007 -> 04:35 PM)

Oh my God, do NOT remind me of that game! That whole Montreal series was a nightmare. Garland goes from perfect to the loser.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 19, 2007 -> 04:35 PM)
I am one of the few guys who like Nick Masset. I think his two seamer and his curveball can be plus pitches. He just needs to throw more strikes. He doesnt have the tick below Jenks stuff in velocity. I would of rather had Massett in AAA learning how to be a starter than have him doing mop up here.

I agree, I really think Floyd would be better as the long man since Masset actually has some decent potential, but being a reliever stops that. Starting would mean he would have to use all his pitches and work at all of them.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 19, 2007 -> 09:35 PM)

I agree with you. In the bullpen all you really need to throw is two pitches really well to be successful. He throws a four seamer, a two seamer, and a couple of different breaking pitches. I think either he or Sisco should be starting at Charlotte. Boone Logan is fine up here.

QUOTE(spiderman @ May 19, 2007 -> 09:37 PM)
What do you guys think of Girardi ?

I think his presentation could use some improvement, he's a little uneven out there, but he gives a lot of good information.

I hate him....he's slime.

QUOTE(spiderman @ May 19, 2007 -> 04:37 PM)

I think his presentation could use some improvement, he's a little uneven out there, but he gives a lot of good information.

Yup.

QUOTE(spiderman @ May 19, 2007 -> 04:37 PM)

Everybody knows Giradi is a Cub fan at heart, but he has been unbiased and very good in my opinion. I like him alot.