White Sox vs, Cubs, 5/19/07 (L)

Heads22

I got blasted last year on here for saying our relief was overrated.

The ex-Royals relievers are NOT reliable.

Jenks is great. The others are below average.

Fathom is right; we're going to get swept this weekend and have to regroup.

This isn't good after winning the series against the Yankees.

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 19, 2007 -> 10:35 PM)
You mean they were able to actually make strides and get better. Geeze, based on what I've seen people are juts worthlwess when done and Jenks was still getting guys out with lower velocities (doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize Jenks is still one of the best closers in the game, even if he's throwing 93-95).

And I'm glad people are writing off the relief core, it wasn't that long ago that people were raving about it. I remember all along saying this core will lose some hair but at the same time it will grow and improve (its going to have ugly stretches) but come season end it will be one of the best in the biz. And anyone expecting a young pen to consistently dominant all season was ludicrous.

This is not on Kenny, he should make an adjustment to try to fire up the offense, but this isn't on him. I'm glad he did things because his off-season was a very good one in which the team got younger, the farm system got stronger, and our pitching got back to the way it should be.

This bullpen has been blowing games consistently since the 2nd game of the season. We have the worst hitting team in the majors and one of the worst bullpens in the majors....not a good recipe for winning. If all that matters was making the farm system stronger, then we should have traded Crede and Dye. KW said he was going to upgrade the relief core this offseason, and he failed. He's fallen in love with "stuff" guys.