White Sox vs, Cubs, 5/19/07 (L)

Heads22

QUOTE(Brian @ May 19, 2007 -> 04:46 PM)
Wow, Farmer is smart. "It's gonna take at least a half a dozen runs to win."

How many HR's has he predicted today ? Every batter that's come up, and that when he gets one right, Singleton gives him a hand-job ?

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ May 19, 2007 -> 04:46 PM)
Bunting was the right call, shame of Uribe.

Disagree strongly for about 100 reasons but...Uribe hits lefties well and it one of our better hitters, Uribe cannot f***ing bunt, Ohman cannot get righties out, etc.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 19, 2007 -> 04:47 PM)
Disagree strongly for about 100 reasons but...Uribe hits lefties well and it one of our better hitters, Uribe cannot f***ing bunt, Ohman cannot get righties out, etc.

Wierd, a few pages back, everyone says Uribe is horrible and can't hit. Which is it?

QUOTE(spiderman @ May 19, 2007 -> 09:49 PM)
That's true, but Uribe is in a horrible funk at the plate.

Please BB AJ

Then put on a hit-and-run and make him focus on hitting it to the right side. Even if he got that bunt down, it was a stupid decision.

QUOTE(Brian @ May 19, 2007 -> 04:48 PM)
Wierd, a few pages back, everyone says Uribe is horrible and can't hit. Which is it?

He has hit .230 with a lot of power comparable for his size. That is mini Rob Deer. Rob Deer couldnt bunt either. I would rather him take his huge cuts in that situation instead of popping up the bunt like he usually does. He cant hit consistantly. But the one thing he can do is drive it.

QUOTE(Brian @ May 19, 2007 -> 04:48 PM)

Can it be both?

:D

I would've had him hacking, personally. He rarely seems to drop a decent bunt, and like others have said, with the wind blowing out I take the chance that he'll make contact.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 19, 2007 -> 04:50 PM)
Then put on a hit-and-run and make him focus on hitting it to the right side. Even if he got that bunt down, it was a stupid decision.

I'm not going to agree on this one. As a team, we suck at hitting right now. I'd rather attempt to get a guy in scoring position to give us 2 chances to drive him in. Either way, this looks like it's going to be a 1 run game today so we need our bullpen to step up today, and protect a lead, but I just don't have much confidence in Uribe's bat right now.

I'm not sure if it's a good thing, but Guillend did agree with me.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 19, 2007 -> 09:50 PM)
Here comes Wuertz.....not a very good match-up for Dye, as all he throws is low and away sliders.

Heh, I'm thinking the same thing. I have very little confidence that the Sox will score here. It's basically on Jermaine's shoulders with Konerko batting after him, too.

QUOTE(29thandPoplar @ May 19, 2007 -> 09:51 PM)
What do you do with Vazquez? Leave him in?

Yes, give him one more batter to reach. The Cubs have some power from both sides of the bench today, so our relievers are going to have to get out someone who hits from a different side than they throw.