White Sox vs. Cubs, 5/20/07 (W)

MHizzle85

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ May 20, 2007 -> 01:37 PM)
He's such a bad defensive catcher.

To be fair, he's only bad at calling games and throwing the ball. Otherwise he's very very good.

Actually, I'll defend him. His weak spot is his arm. He's good at blocking and catching. He needs to get better at calling.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 20, 2007 -> 06:39 PM)
To be fair, he's only bad at calling games and throwing the ball. Otherwise he's very very good.

Actually, I'll defend him. His weak spot is his arm. He's good at blocking and catching. He needs to get better at calling.

He's terrible at catching the actual ball. I'd say pitch calling is his biggest strength still. I remember when Hawk used to say how great he was at doing it....now, you never hear that.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 20, 2007 -> 01:39 PM)

Seems like he was calling great games in '05, what happened since? Same staff essentially. Lack of preparation?

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ May 20, 2007 -> 06:42 PM)
This is easy. I'll put it on a tee for you: Gavin Floyd

What about him? Getting no 2007 MLB ready talent for Garcia was the worst move KW made this whole offseason.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 20, 2007 -> 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All we would have had to do is delay calling up Thome one day, and then send the pitcher down after the game.

Adding Thome and dropping Sweeney is of course zero sum. Yes they could've sent Sweeney down and brought up a starter for today instead of Thome. It would've needed to be someone currently on the 40 man, since they're at 40. That would've meant Gavin Floyd, who has been on a pitch count anyways. It really has nothing to do with delaying Thome.

Had they wanted Egbert or someone similar, it would've meant clearing a guy off the 40 man.

So it was Masset vs. Gavin Floyd and that to me is a damned if you do, damned if you don't.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 20, 2007 -> 01:40 PM)
He's terrible at catching the actual ball. I'd say pitch calling is his biggest strength still. I remember when Hawk used to say how great he was at doing it....now, you never hear that.

I hate his pitch-calling.