Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My birthday is Saturday, my Wii will not be far behind. I am totally jonesin for Mario Party 8, I keep seeing the commercials and it looks like a blast. My only problem will be the need for multiple controllers so i can take full advantage of MP8. Buying all of the extras is gonna push the me out of my price limit, I just know it.

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ May 22, 2007 -> 01:42 AM)
This fall is gonna be the greatest in gaming history. Halo 3 (beta is amazing already), Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Grand Theft Auto 4. Can't wait, my 360 is gonna overheat!

This fall is actually for Brawl. Which incidentally we should finally be hearing more information on either tonight or tommorrow at smashbros.com.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ May 21, 2007 -> 09:47 PM)
I cant wait, sick of the cheating on Halo 2, time for the third one to come already.

Cheaters are rabid on the PS3 too--for Resistance, at least. They don't do much about it and the way to report people is just unappealing and too much work.

But there will be cheaters in Halo 3 just as there will be any video game that has an online feature.

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ May 22, 2007 -> 01:42 AM)
This fall is gonna be the greatest in gaming history. Halo 3 (beta is amazing already), Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Grand Theft Auto 4. Can't wait, my 360 is gonna overheat!

When does CoD4 come out?

-------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone else play Oblivion? If so, I have a few questions:

- What does sleeping do? How often should I sleep?

- What's the trick with the persuasion thing? What's it for, exactly?

Any other little tips would be appreciated, too.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 22, 2007 -> 01:49 AM)
When does CoD4 come out?

-------------------------------------------------------------

November 7 is what i've seen but nobody is sure yet.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 21, 2007 -> 08:32 PM)
My birthday is Saturday, my Wii will not be far behind. I am totally jonesin for Mario Party 8, I keep seeing the commercials and it looks like a blast. My only problem will be the need for multiple controllers so i can take full advantage of MP8. Buying all of the extras is gonna push the me out of my price limit, I just know it.

There is a game for the Wii called Wii Play, it comes with a free controller. The game itself is 10 or so games, all of them of mediocre game fun, aside from the tank battle and the cow race. Those two games are great fun. They are all basically your old style games. Simple, but somewhat enjoyable, especially with little kids.

For my birthday my wife and kids got me Ultimate Alliance! That game is soooo cool. The only problem I found is that the commercials hype up being any character you want to be, but that is far from the case. You are stuck as Captain America, Spider-Man, Thor, and Wolverine until you clear it to the first S.H.I.E.L.D. access point, and even then only certain characters are available. I'm fine with it to a certain degree, as Iron Man is an unlocked character, but I want my team to also include Daredevil. Though I am sure I am missing certain "finer aspects" of the game. This is the first modern gaming experience I have had since Intellivision after-all.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ May 22, 2007 -> 07:32 AM)
There is a game for the Wii called Wii Play, it comes with a free controller. The game itself is 10 or so games, all of them of mediocre game fun, aside from the tank battle and the cow race. Those two games are great fun. They are all basically your old style games. Simple, but somewhat enjoyable, especially with little kids.

For my birthday my wife and kids got me Ultimate Alliance! That game is soooo cool. The only problem I found is that the commercials hype up being any character you want to be, but that is far from the case. You are stuck as Captain America, Spider-Man, Thor, and Wolverine until you clear it to the first S.H.I.E.L.D. access point, and even then only certain characters are available. I'm fine with it to a certain degree, as Iron Man is an unlocked character, but I want my team to also include Daredevil. Though I am sure I am missing certain "finer aspects" of the game. This is the first modern gaming experience I have had since Intellivision after-all.

Is Ultimate Alliance available for Wii? Or is it for another platform?

Another game I really want to play is the BASS fishing game. The other day I went to Blockbuster with my wife and stood in front of all of the Wii rentals, and my wife had to pull me away. i think thats where she realized how much I need this platform. :D

Ultimate is for numerous platforms, including a version for the Wii. I have it for the Wii, as I don't own any other systems aside for my Intellivision (of which I recently found a back-up system at a garage sale for $0.50!), a Nintendo and a Colecovision. I'm not a "gamer", but I do LOVE the Wii. Price wise, it hasn't been too bad in the money department.

If anyone wants a great game go for The Godfather. Just picked that up for the ps3 a week or two ago and have been having lots of fun. It does a really good job of sticking with the movie and there's tons of stuff to do to rise in the ranks of the family.

Personally I'm looking forward to Resident Evil. Who knows when that'll be out, but I'll be taking the day off work to play it. Ugh, I hate my game addiction...

Anyone have any other good game recommendations? I've heard a lot of good things about Oblivion, but I dunno, it just looks so cheesy.

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ May 22, 2007 -> 09:47 AM)
If anyone wants a great game go for The Godfather. Just picked that up for the ps3 a week or two ago and have been having lots of fun. It does a really good job of sticking with the movie and there's tons of stuff to do to rise in the ranks of the family.

Personally I'm looking forward to Resident Evil. Who knows when that'll be out, but I'll be taking the day off work to play it. Ugh, I hate my game addiction...

Anyone have any other good game recommendations? I've heard a lot of good things about Oblivion, but I dunno, it just looks so cheesy.

I have it for the PC and it is a very entertaining game. Only problem is you can get so lost doing little things all over and downloading mods that you can lose track of the main quest. Overall, it is a good game.

On another note, I need some recommendations now that we have a catch all thread. PS3 or 360? I plan to get one and I am looking for opinions of people who have one or both? Pros, cons, etc. I've read other sites but I trust people who have good enough taste to be sox fans first. Whadda ya got?

Sweet thread idea, even though I only play sports games. I like Grand Theft Auto but never could get 100%.

51gq8xOwZ8L._SS400_.jpg

Anyone? Or is 08 coming out soon?

Edited by Brian

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ May 22, 2007 -> 05:52 PM)
PS3 or 360? I plan to get one and I am looking for opinions of people who have one or both? Pros, cons, etc. I've read other sites but I trust people who have good enough taste to be sox fans first. Whadda ya got?

I was a Playstation person up until about a half a year ago when I decided I was too impatient to wait for a PS3, so I went and got the 360. No complaints so far. Graphics are superb, online play is solid.

I can't comment on the PS3, although I'm sure it is an equally strong system.

My recommendation to you would be to look at the upcoming games and decide on that. I'm not sure what's ahead on PS3's front, but for 360, you have the afformentioned Halo 3 (360 exclusive) and Grand Theft Auto 4 (not sure if it's exclusive or not). Besides me being impatient, one of the reasons I went with 360 is because that's the system most of my other friends have, and as petty as this might sound, I didn't want to be "stuck in the cold" with a 'foreign' system. Plus, I have uber-expectations for Halo 3 online -- I'm expecting great things there.

I really don't think you can go wrong on what system you go with, but I'd say look at the games already out and the games that are set to come out and make your decision off of that.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 22, 2007 -> 01:49 AM)

Sleeping level's you up. As far as persuasion, before you start hitting the buttons, circle through all of them and look at their facial expressions. For the biggest smile they give, you want to land the biggest portion of the triangle in that section. For the biggest frown, you want to land the smallest portion of the triangle in that section. Sometimes doing both is impossible, but just try to get the biggest amount of the triangle you can in the section where the character smiles the most.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ May 22, 2007 -> 12:52 PM)
On another note, I need some recommendations now that we have a catch all thread. PS3 or 360? I plan to get one and I am looking for opinions of people who have one or both? Pros, cons, etc. I've read other sites but I trust people who have good enough taste to be sox fans first. Whadda ya got?

Can't comment on the PS3 but Xbox live just sells the 360 for me. Xbox live is the greatest and worth every penny. I've never had PS but i've had xbox and now 360 and i just love everything about it.

I don't have any gripes with my ps3. I can no longer play it on a standard t.v. now that I have an HD, the layout and games were made for it. Video games were few and not top notch during release and the following months...but the summer and fall are full of great releases.

On a personal note...I did hear that Socom for PS3 is coming in August or September...

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ May 22, 2007 -> 11:58 PM)
On a personal note...I did hear that Socom for PS3 is coming in August or September...

It'll be online too, which is odd. This means Sony has now canceled single player modes for two of it's biggest releases(this and WarHawk) just so they can digitally distribute it. I'm not complaining, but it seems risky though.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 22, 2007 -> 03:47 PM)
I have to say that anyone with the Xbox360, and Rainbow Six Las Vegas should get the Player's Pack Red Edition add on. A couple of new maps, 2 new game modes. Wish I had more time to play it.

Good s***.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ May 23, 2007 -> 12:04 AM)
It'll be online too, which is odd. This means Sony has now canceled single player modes for two of it's biggest releases(this and WarHawk) just so they can digitally distribute it. I'm not complaining, but it seems risky though.

BW, I think it was you that commented on this a while back, but when can we expect the Wii's to become more freely available?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 23, 2007 -> 01:19 AM)
BW, I think it was you that commented on this a while back, but when can we expect the Wii's to become more freely available?

A Pokemon game will be the first online game next month. The next batch includes Madden and Super Mario Strikers. Metroid Prime should be too by August. So by the end of the year, it looks like any developer that wants to take the Wii online will be able to.

Anyone have MLB the show 06?

I have it for the psp. Doesn't say much, but it's the best baseball game out even though some things really piss me off.

Like the high choppers or slow rollers, the fielders take their damn time to field the ball and throw it.

Another thing that sucks is a lot of times with line drives to the outfield the players to just run right by it or let it go through them even though you're right in front of the ball. It's maddening.

The strike zone on it sometimes really sucks. I don't know if it's to reflect real life, but I always get some good strikes called balls late in the game.

Any improvements to 07?

I've had a 360 since launch day and can't complain. I love the controller layout. The games that are coming out now are going to be top notch.

I can't wait for Forza 2 to come out on Tuesday. Like other have said, check out the games coming out adn see whats going to be multi-platform and exclusive and what not.