Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Jun 22, 2007 -> 01:25 AM)
I don't know if this is the right thread or not

but I come to play some Wii tonight, and I see my dog pee'd all over it

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at that

If it still works laugh, if it doesnt...cry

I'm having some Wii troubles.

First off, I click 'A' to get past the first screen (the health screen), but after that, I don't know what to do. It seems like my controller isn't working. I'm sitting at most five feet away from the console and the controller is clearly on (the first blue light is lit), yet I can't get the cursor to move. I try pressing A and that doesn't do anything, either -- the only buttons that result in an 'action' on the screen is the home button, the plus/minus buttons and the power button. Am I doing something wrong? Did I not set up the system properly?

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 06:43 AM)
I'm having some Wii troubles.

First off, I click 'A' to get past the first screen (the health screen), but after that, I don't know what to do. It seems like my controller isn't working. I'm sitting at most five feet away from the console and the controller is clearly on (the first blue light is lit), yet I can't get the cursor to move. I try pressing A and that doesn't do anything, either -- the only buttons that result in an 'action' on the screen is the home button, the plus/minus buttons and the power button. Am I doing something wrong? Did I not set up the system properly?

Is your sensor bar in a place where it can receive the controller signal?

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 05:50 AM)
Is your sensor bar in a place where it can receive the controller signal?

You helped me out -- I didn't even have the sensor bar plugged in. :bang

But I imagine it takes some getting used to?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 07:07 AM)
You helped me out -- I didn't even have the sensor bar plugged in. :bang

But I imagine it takes some getting used to?

You should get it just about right away. Wii Tennis does a good job at introducing things, though I'd play around with the menus first if you're just hooking yours right now. Also, I'd recomend getting the newest system update, although since you have a new Wii, you may already have it.

Anybody with the Wii wanna suggest any "must have" games? I'm not looking for a Zelda or Oblivion type role-player, as good as they may be -- just rather games that are fun to play with friends. I bought Tiger Woods yesterday (although I'm still having a b**** of a time getting used to the controls -- I don't know if I'm just an idiot and keep doing something wrong or if it's the controller/sensor itself) and plan on getting Mario Party as the next one. Any other suggestions?

Also, I'm under the impression that I can play GameCube games on the Wii? Is this true? And if so, any GC games out there that are too good to pass up?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 30, 2007 -> 02:30 AM)
Also, I'm under the impression that I can play GameCube games on the Wii? Is this true? And if so, any GC games out there that are too good to pass up?

mario kart double dash.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Jun 28, 2007 -> 04:46 PM)
If you're thinking about buying Rainbow Six Vegas for the PS3, rent it first. The online play is absolutely terrible.

I have no problems with the online play... what makes it so much better for the 360?

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jun 28, 2007 -> 10:39 PM)

holy cow... :o

Edited by BearSox

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 30, 2007 -> 02:30 AM)
Anybody with the Wii wanna suggest any "must have" games? I'm not looking for a Zelda or Oblivion type role-player, as good as they may be -- just rather games that are fun to play with friends. I bought Tiger Woods yesterday (although I'm still having a b**** of a time getting used to the controls -- I don't know if I'm just an idiot and keep doing something wrong or if it's the controller/sensor itself) and plan on getting Mario Party as the next one. Any other suggestions?

You can.

I like Madden and Wii Sports, but they're also the only games I own.

Rainbow Six Las Vegas : Black Edition expansion pack is download able for free on xbox live now. 5 more maps. 3 brand new, one old one Presido from RSL original. And one redone. Streets is now at night.

Thats 10 new maps in 4 months. This is what most games should do, keep adding download able content, with new maps. If they added some new weapons that would be awesome as well.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Jul 4, 2007 -> 01:53 AM)
Does ANYBODY play Resistance: Fall of Man online?

If so, PM me your screenname so I can own you all day.

I haven't played in a while, but when I did, I owned.

ps3 sn - MPB.

I have decided to sell my Xbox 360 after it ate yet another one of my games. That system is so poorly designed it isn't funny. I am going to give Microsoft a nasty phone call about the s***ty quality of the 360. I'll take what I can get and wait for a price drop in the PS3 which is bound to happen sooner or later.

QUOTE(southsida86 @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 12:06 AM)
I have decided to sell my Xbox 360 after it ate yet another one of my games. That system is so poorly designed it isn't funny. I am going to give Microsoft a nasty phone call about the s***ty quality of the 360. I'll take what I can get and wait for a price drop in the PS3 which is bound to happen sooner or later.

The price drop is about to happen sooner rather then later. In fact, try in 11 days...

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3160820

The price is going down 100 dollars on the 17th, same day NCAA Football 08 comes out. Believe me, it is worth it. The games aren't that good yet, but the graphics are terrific (better then the 360 in fabulous 1080p picture) and the system itself is very powerful and very convinent. Plus, since BluRay DVD's beat out HDDVD's, the PS3 will act as a bluray player at a fraction of the price of what a regular bluray player would cost.

Welcome to the dark side young jedi ;) :P

Also, just curious, how much are you gonna sell the 360 for? I need one for when Halo comes out...

I don't know why anyone would buy a 360 now. 33% failure rate? Really, Microshft? How come both the other two are both able to put out systems with very minkimal problems Also, soru for any gammar erros. I just had surgerey and can't see or sleep, so I'm posting.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 01:48 AM)
I don't know why anyone would buy a 360 now. 33% failure rate? Really, Microshft? How come both the other two are both able to put out systems with very minkimal problems Also, soru for any gammar erros. I just had surgerey and can't see or sleep, so I'm posting.

Can't spell either. :D

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 08:13 AM)
Also, how is Twilight Princes for the Wii... I just want a Wii for that one game, since I am a Zelda geek.

Maybe the best game ever. Insanely long though.

Also, e3 times:

Tuesday July 10th

8:30PM - Microsoft Press Event

Wednesday July 11th

9:30AM - Nintendo Press Conference

11:30AM - Sony Computer Entertainment Press Conference

2:00PM - EA Press Conference

3:15PM - Activision Press Conference

4:30PM - Midway Press Conference

5:45PM - Konami Press Conference

Thursday July 12th

8:30AM - Take Two Interactive Press Conference

9:15AM - THQ Press Conference

10:30AM - Ubisoft Press Conference

1:30PM - Namco Bandai Press Conference

3:30PM - Disney Interactive Press Conference

All times PST.

Killzone 2 is also getting it's own press conference somewhere in there.