Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The only thing that pisses me off with the Wii -- and it really gets me -- is that you have to pay separately for a controller AND the nunchuk. You end up dropping $70 on a f***ing controller, which is rather ridiculous.

And I come home from buying Super Mario Strikers and find out the nunchuk is a needed component for the game. Grr...

the difference is hardly noticeable and will be upgraded next year for the ps3. 360 might have the edge now, but thats not gonna last long. Plus, last time I checked, I don't have to shell out 50 bucks, or whatever it is, every year to go online.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 21, 2007 -> 04:01 AM)
FIFA 08's cover will feature Jozy Altidore, Ronaldinho, and Guillermo Ochoa. Pitiful.

I'll challenge anybody in this game on 360. I don't think I lost more than three times with Portugal in 2007 -- the 4-3-3 with Nani, Ronaldo and Quaresma up front is unstoppable -- and in 2008, I'll take anybody in club (Liverpool) or international (Portugal).

We also need to have a discussion about Altidore in the soccer thread. Is he the best player in MLS? Whenever I see him play, it's like he does whatever the hell he wants out there.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 20, 2007 -> 11:23 PM)
I love Soccer and I haven't even heard of the 1st guy.

From what I have heard (haven't seen him play at all) he is the next Freddy Adu...meaning, he's the next big overrated teenager to flop in the USA.

Like SF1 said, he's basically being hyped as the next big thing. He's a 17 year old forward/midfielder, and he's a lot bigger at 6'1". He tore it up at the Under-20 tournament and is producing in the MLS now (7 goals and 4 assists in 15 games). That's about as much as I know about him, but just from looking at it on paper he can actually produce when he plays.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Aug 22, 2007 -> 12:33 AM)
I have to say, I played Madden on the 360 and I prefer the PS3 version better. IMO they changed the gameplay too much.

Isn't Madden twice as fast (screens per second or some jargon like that?) on the 360?

The only trouble I'm having is using the hit-stick. It seems to take a half a second to kick in. Anybody else have this 'problem'? Trying to catch a ball is the same way...

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Aug 21, 2007 -> 07:54 PM)
I am looking at buying the PS3...do you think its worth the $$$??

I actually just bought a PS3 last Friday and Im not disappointed I did but Im not as into it as I thought I would be. The controls on Madden are pretty significantly different and is taking some time to get used to. I actually have only played a few games since I got it.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Aug 21, 2007 -> 07:54 PM)
I am looking at buying the PS3...do you think its worth the $$$??

Realistically it's going to come down to the games. There are enough quality games coming out for each system that you'll get a quality gaming experience regardless, it just comes down to preference.

I personally would go with a PS3, they've got a pretty good variety in their exclusive games. You have a few good shooters with the Resistence series and Killzone 2 (as well as some exclusive game with the UnReal 3 engine, not entirely sure what), a couple good action-style games with Heavenly Sword and the eventual God of War 3 as well as Lair, an adventure game that looks interesting with Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, a really cool platformer/action game with Rachet and Clank Future, and what's widely considered the best racing game on the market with Gran Turismo 5. Also, they obviously have Metal Gear Solid 4, though I've never really gotten into that series personally.

For the Xbox360 most of the ones that impress me/I would purchase are shooters. Sure, Forza 2 looks good, but the other major ones are Gears of War, Bioshock, Halo 3, and Prey. The other exceptions down the road are Mass Effect and Fable 2, though the former still appears to have a lot of shooting involved. Not that I have anything against shooters, but I personally like some more variety. Also, online play is better on the 360, though that's not a HUGE factor for me.

Another thing to consider is your PC. If you play games a lot on the computer and it has enough juice, you can already get Gears of War, Bioshock, and Prey for the computer, and though it'll be delayed Halo 3 will almost certainly end up there as well.

Still, this is just my personal view, and I'm over-simplifying and leaving out a lot of games. Basically just do a little research on the gaming lineups and see where most of the games you'd be interested in will be.

Edited by ZoomSlowik