Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Sep 5, 2009 -> 01:01 AM)
I bought it a few days ago and I've been hooked. I love all the character bios, interviews with the Arkham doctors, stealth elements and upgrade options. It is really a fun game and I haven't been bored once.

Still, once MW2 comes out I will be hooked.

Those 2 games have me very excited for the rest of the year.

Don't own a PS3 or XBOX360, although the PS3 Slim has been reduced down here to $499 (yeah we get screwed big time down here), so I'll have to wait til they come out on PC.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just bought Madden, and it's pretty good, but one thing I can't figure out for those who have it ... how do you edit a playbook? I'm not talking creating plays, but having it so that certain players are only in certain sets/formations? I haven't been able to find out how to do it, but I'm assuming it has to be somewhere. If not, that's just retarded. Any help?

QUOTE (Molto @ Sep 6, 2009 -> 03:07 PM)
I just bought Madden, and it's pretty good, but one thing I can't figure out for those who have it ... how do you edit a playbook? I'm not talking creating plays, but having it so that certain players are only in certain sets/formations? I haven't been able to find out how to do it, but I'm assuming it has to be somewhere. If not, that's just retarded. Any help?

You can only change the depth on formations while in the act of selecting the play. I think its done with the stick, but when you are on the formation there should be an option somewhere on how to flip people around or use the backup etc.

I believe that's the only way it can be done.

QUOTE (T R U @ Sep 6, 2009 -> 10:45 PM)
You can only change the depth on formations while in the act of selecting the play. I think its done with the stick, but when you are on the formation there should be an option somewhere on how to flip people around or use the backup etc.

I believe that's the only way it can be done.

Ugh, that sucks.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 11, 2009 -> 09:36 AM)
Is it really in bad taste? Are there other unlockable rockers in the game that have passed away/OD-ed/died tragically?

Is Jimi Hendrix available? Jim Morrison?

I'm unsure on the above. I know there's a coupla dead Beatles available in a new game, but that's the whole damn point.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 11, 2009 -> 11:40 AM)
I dunno, this kind of sounds like another part of the Ex Nirvana members vs Courtney Love saga. Why is it ok to use Cobain for just the Nirvana songs? If he is going to be in the game, let him be in the game.

Well, this time it's the exact opposite, as the former members of Nirvana agree with Love.

A lot changes in a f***ing year. f*** the Wii.

Mario Kart

Super Mario Galaxy

Wii Sports

Wii Sports Resort

These were all awesome games... the Wii just gets so few good games it pissed me off. Give me Arkham Asylum over anything the Wii has put out in the last year. Add to that that playing any sports game on it will make you want to kill yourself and it quickly makes sense for me to get rid of it.

Question for those out there... MLB 09 The Show... when you download the roster updates does it have Beckham's face and everything or just a character that is Gordon Beckham that looks nothing like him.

This will decide if I'm getting that or if I'm getting NHL 10 and waiting on MLB 10.

Edited by Steve9347

It's going to have a created character with his name, you're probably better off with NHL 10, though you could probably find The Show used for just over $20 which is a good buy. I don't know about you but my interest in sports games general changes with the season, I haven't played The Show in about a month and a half but I picked up NHL 10 a few days ago and expect to play it quite a bit over the next few months with a good chance that I don't pick The Show back up again until just before spring training when I start to get that itch.

If you do pick up The Show be sure to download some good fan created rosters from the roster vault. You can get rosters that include nearly full minor league rosters for AA and AAA teams. The Roster vault is a better bet for more realistic and full rosters than the official Show releases.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 18, 2009 -> 02:25 PM)
Got $400 for the Wii and all the crap that comes with it. Using that to get a ps3 slim and Madden.

f*** the Wii, what a mistake that was.

In my best Will Smith "I, Robot" impression.. You know, somehow, "I told you so" just doesn't quite say it..