Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (T R U @ Jan 31, 2010 -> 12:48 PM)
you prefer 3rd person over 1st? I cant stand 3rd person it feels weird

In my strange little world 3rd person is VASTLY superior to 1st person. It's just personal preference but I like to be able to see my character on screen and the added perspective that comes with it. It all goes back to SOCOM II, the best online video game experience I ever had, that setup was absolutely perfect in my mind. It added so much to the gameplay when your enemy could see you from around a corner or behind a wall, there were very few times when you were 100% safe in one place. There was an added difficulty to movement which placed great value on stealth combat, knowing your environment, planning out your maneuvers before executing them and not running into a hostile area willy-nilly . Plus in the 3rd person you always know when you're completely behind cover.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jan 31, 2010 -> 03:16 PM)
In my strange little world 3rd person is VASTLY superior to 1st person. It's just personal preference but I like to be able to see my character on screen and the added perspective that comes with it. It all goes back to SOCOM II, the best online video game experience I ever had, that setup was absolutely perfect in my mind. It added so much to the gameplay when your enemy could see you from around a corner or behind a wall, there were very few times when you were 100% safe in one place. There was an added difficulty to movement which placed great value on stealth combat, knowing your environment, planning out your maneuvers before executing them and not running into a hostile area willy-nilly . Plus in the 3rd person you always know when you're completely behind cover.

This is why I really, really liked WarHawk.

QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 4, 2010 -> 06:33 PM)
There's something frustrating yet hilarious about when that happens.

I was playing ME1 last night and I'd get so pissed off like GODDAMMIT GARRUS WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO GET KILLED IN A BLAZE OF GUNFIRE EVERY 5 MINUTES?

MW2 on the 360 has been a pretty good game to me. Much better than the previous MW game. I have hit the point where you either stay at 70 or you hit prestige mode. I don't have unlimited free time with kids and work and all so I think that about does it as far as moving forward. I will stay with 70 and just jack my guns up a bit more. I get a kick out of some of the perk setups. I love thee Marathon Pro, Lightweight Pro, and Commander Pro perks mix where you are basically super fast stabby guy who launches like 5 to 7 feet when you stab someone. I had a 42 and 7 deathmatch never taking out my gun.

Now onto my new purchase MAG for the PS3. Kind of an interesting game so far. It plays a lot more like MW2 than the old socom games from Zipper. So far its a sniping game. Sniping is pretty damn easy and unlike a lot of other first person shooters. They dont give away the kill position. You don't just jump into the large 256 person maps. You start out with a 64 person squad based in deathmatch type games. Then you unlock the 128 person games, and then the 256 person games. So far no lag which is my big worry with the large games. This will be something to keep me busy for a bit as I think MW2 is starting to run its course for me.

The next big game on the list is Bad Company 2. I have been playing the beta/demo and it plays pretty well. Thats going to a pretty damn great game for the 360.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Feb 5, 2010 -> 03:19 AM)
MW2 on the 360 has been a pretty good game to me. Much better than the previous MW game. I have hit the point where you either stay at 70 or you hit prestige mode. I don't have unlimited free time with kids and work and all so I think that about does it as far as moving forward. I will stay with 70 and just jack my guns up a bit more. I get a kick out of some of the perk setups. I love thee Marathon Pro, Lightweight Pro, and Commander Pro perks mix where you are basically super fast stabby guy who launches like 5 to 7 feet when you stab someone. I had a 42 and 7 deathmatch never taking out my gun.

Now onto my new purchase MAG for the PS3. Kind of an interesting game so far. It plays a lot more like MW2 than the old socom games from Zipper. So far its a sniping game. Sniping is pretty damn easy and unlike a lot of other first person shooters. They dont give away the kill position. You don't just jump into the large 256 person maps. You start out with a 64 person squad based in deathmatch type games. Then you unlock the 128 person games, and then the 256 person games. So far no lag which is my big worry with the large games. This will be something to keep me busy for a bit as I think MW2 is starting to run its course for me.

The next big game on the list is Bad Company 2. I have been playing the beta/demo and it plays pretty well. Thats going to a pretty damn great game for the 360.

Whats your live account so I know to avoid you at all costs. Well, I will still have a bit of respect for you as long as youre not also a spawn camper :P

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Feb 5, 2010 -> 02:38 AM)
Whats your live account so I know to avoid you at all costs. Well, I will still have a bit of respect for you as long as youre not also a spawn camper :P

I just run around and randomly engage people. Unless you are sniping, just sitting somewhere and waiting for someone is kind of boring. MW2 has a lot of campers. I hate camping, and I especially hate spawn campers.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Feb 5, 2010 -> 07:03 AM)
I hate getting stabbed in MW2. One dude stabbed me like 5 times in a row. He was stalking me.

I love melee knifing. The only thing better than just running around stabbing people randomly in a full sprint is knifing a sniper.

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Feb 3, 2010 -> 02:36 AM)
Playing Command and Conquer Yuri's Revenge again lately.

Ha. I got the First Decade CD in the States on Ebay last year, so I've finally played all of the C&C games now, before C&C4 comes out in March.

That Soviet Chick in the cut scenes is decent though. :headbang

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 6, 2010 -> 12:40 AM)
So, is anyone else amped for Fallout: New Vegas after seeing the trailer?

I've been pumped and waiting for any new Fallout ever since playing 1 & 2. Easily two of the best games ever made.

QUOTE (rowandrules83 @ Feb 6, 2010 -> 01:39 PM)
Not sure if this has been posted, but this is pretty cool. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if it will make me buy MLB 2K10 instead of The Show.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/35124184/

Personally, I'll be sticking with the superior product. Some marketing gimmick that'll be over 3 hours after launch isn't quite enough to convert me.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 6, 2010 -> 12:40 AM)
So, is anyone else amped for Fallout: New Vegas after seeing the trailer?

There is gonna be some more info on the game in the upcoming Xbox magazine and PS3 magazine.

QUOTE (T R U @ Feb 6, 2010 -> 01:54 PM)
Is it just me, or does anyone think this isnt going to be very hard for some gamers out there...

I pitched a perfect season with Buehrle in a 2K game, I think 2k6.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Feb 6, 2010 -> 05:21 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=2081909:date=Feb 6, 2010 -> 01:39 PM:name=rowandrules83)-->
QUOTE (rowandrules83 @ Feb 6, 2010 -> 01:39 PM)
<!--quotec-->Not sure if this has been posted, but this is pretty cool. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if it will make me buy MLB 2K10 instead of The Show.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/35124184/

Personally, I'll be sticking with the superior product. Some marketing gimmick that'll be over 3 hours after launch isn't quite enough to convert me.

That game looks real nice right now, and it says my last name right, as opposed to Mark Sha-py-ro's pronunciation.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Feb 5, 2010 -> 10:54 AM)
I just run around and randomly engage people. Unless you are sniping, just sitting somewhere and waiting for someone is kind of boring. MW2 has a lot of campers. I hate camping, and I especially hate spawn campers.

I love melee knifing. The only thing better than just running around stabbing people randomly in a full sprint is knifing a sniper.

Agreed on the campers, its the worst part of the game.

The thing is with the knifing, is that it usually ends up the knifer going around killing everyone and then spawn camping, which is incredibly frustrating.