Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (T R U @ Dec 27, 2010 -> 04:42 AM)
1.96 K/D and 7th prestige

what you scrubs at?

Just got 1st prestige tonight, level 11 now. Those last 5 levels take forever. K/D right around 1, started off about .8 and have been improving since.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 27, 2010 -> 07:17 PM)
MW2 was absolutely terrible. Black Ops fixes everything wrong with MW's multiplayer, but it is still not MW1.

Campaign is decent. Story is a little out there, even for Call of Duty standards.

COD4> Black Ops> COD2> MW2=WAW>COD3

I never got to play MW1 all that much, but I'm enjoying BO more than MW2. Probably just because I'm better.

BO's single player was pretty awful, though.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 26, 2010 -> 08:43 PM)
My performance in COD has gone up dramatically with a fresh batch of new players.

I'm one of those new players, but my K/D Ration is 1.16 right now and I'm at level 23 so I'm not one of the reasons you're getting better haha. I expect my ratio to continue to go up though as I learn and get more familiar with each map.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 27, 2010 -> 10:25 PM)
I know this is a pretty PS3-heavy board but is anyone here going to mess with the Kinect? Or the PS Move, for that matter? Motion sensing is pretty much a gimmick and the Wii has peaked, now it's up to somebody to actually get the ball rolling again

I bought a Kinect for my wife in November. It's a lot of fun, but you have to have at least 6 feet of room in front of the TV. We end up having to move a table every time we play. You literally have to be at least 6 feet away, you can't cheat the number at all. I would recommend it if you have a large space available to play. Otherwise it can get pretty frustrating.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 27, 2010 -> 10:25 PM)
I know this is a pretty PS3-heavy board but is anyone here going to mess with the Kinect? Or the PS Move, for that matter? Motion sensing is pretty much a gimmick and the Wii has peaked, now it's up to somebody to actually get the ball rolling again

I have the Move. Its pretty cool, but the game selection is really limited. Its about 1000 times more sensitive than the Wii as far as movements go which is fun most of the time. The new Tiger Woods gave on the move basically uses your own swing, which for most of us is not a good thing.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 27, 2010 -> 08:17 PM)
MW2 was absolutely terrible. Black Ops fixes everything wrong with MW's multiplayer, but it is still not MW1.

Campaign is decent. Story is a little out there, even for Call of Duty standards.

COD4> Black Ops> COD2> MW2=WAW>COD3

Yeah MW2 was awful.. it started out real good but then it was hacked/glitched out the ass and broken as hell.. and infinity ward had already cashed in on it and didnt even bother to fix most of those problems..

Black Ops is the best COD game IMO.. MW1 was good too but the m16 was insanely overpowered, you only got 5 classes, and its multiplayer is pretty tame compared to what black ops offers

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 09:47 AM)
I bought a Kinect for my wife in November. It's a lot of fun, but you have to have at least 6 feet of room in front of the TV. We end up having to move a table every time we play. You literally have to be at least 6 feet away, you can't cheat the number at all. I would recommend it if you have a large space available to play. Otherwise it can get pretty frustrating.

6 feet might be generous. You really need 8-10 if you're going to play any game where you run up towards the screen, plus another 4-6 feet in width. As I said when the Kinect was first introduced, it'll be a huge financial success, but ultimately it's a gimmick and there won't be much there for the future. Yeah, it's fun to use your body to block shots in soccer, or dodge items thrown at you or whatever, but really any average gamer out there has the same complaint - lack of control. Tiger Woods sounds awesome, but at the end of the day it's not a true simulation because you have a 4 oz piece of plastic in your hand, not an actual club. You can't find the limits of movement like you can with a hand held controller. I just don't see where they take this technology, though it is pretty awesome how accurate it is.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 29, 2010 -> 09:27 AM)
6 feet might be generous. You really need 8-10 if you're going to play any game where you run up towards the screen, plus another 4-6 feet in width. As I said when the Kinect was first introduced, it'll be a huge financial success, but ultimately it's a gimmick and there won't be much there for the future. Yeah, it's fun to use your body to block shots in soccer, or dodge items thrown at you or whatever, but really any average gamer out there has the same complaint - lack of control. Tiger Woods sounds awesome, but at the end of the day it's not a true simulation because you have a 4 oz piece of plastic in your hand, not an actual club. You can't find the limits of movement like you can with a hand held controller. I just don't see where they take this technology, though it is pretty awesome how accurate it is.

It's really targeted towards the non-traditional gamer, though. I think it just opens them up to new market segments; they're not trying to win guys like T R U over, but families and very casual gamers.

Yeah, on the game selection, neither console really has anything going and I think really they are just trying to milk the same cash cow Nintendo was pulling from. Which is fine, but I mean they *did* actually update the technology and it looks like they both have a lot of potential. But to do what exactly? I really want to see a franchise MLB or NBA game for the 360 or the PS3 (nothing really precludes me from buying a PS3, it's just there's nothing on there that I want to do that I can't do on the 360). Nobody's really tried that yet and especially for the Wii, it seems like they just kind of arbitrarily make note of it in the controls to acknowledge that it's there, but it doesn't do anything.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 30, 2010 -> 12:35 AM)
Yeah, on the game selection, neither console really has anything going and I think really they are just trying to milk the same cash cow Nintendo was pulling from. Which is fine, but I mean they *did* actually update the technology and it looks like they both have a lot of potential. But to do what exactly? I really want to see a franchise MLB or NBA game for the 360 or the PS3 (nothing really precludes me from buying a PS3, it's just there's nothing on there that I want to do that I can't do on the 360). Nobody's really tried that yet and especially for the Wii, it seems like they just kind of arbitrarily make note of it in the controls to acknowledge that it's there, but it doesn't do anything.

MLB the Show and Uncharted disagree, my friend. Also, I'm enjoying the crap out of Gran Turismo, holy s*** is this good.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 30, 2010 -> 01:39 AM)
MLB the Show and Uncharted disagree, my friend. Also, I'm enjoying the crap out of Gran Turismo, holy s*** is this good.

Yeah, I covet MLB the Show and I kick myself in the ass for buying a stand-alone Blu-Ray player last year and not coughing up the extra $100 for a PS3 last year. I had the money, too. I deserve to be mocked for this dumbass decision.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 30, 2010 -> 12:44 AM)
Yeah, I covet MLB the Show and I kick myself in the ass for buying a stand-alone Blu-Ray player last year and not coughing up the extra $100 for a PS3 last year. I had the money, too. I deserve to be mocked for this dumbass decision.

Funny that you mention this because I have a couple of friends who have recently doled out around $200 on Blu-Ray players when they could have had PS3's for -- as you said -- about a hundred dollars more. CNet mentions this all the time: the industry standard for Blu-Ray players is the PS3, it is the absolute best quality Blu-Ray player on the market, when CNET does their reviews of Blu-Ray players they compare the quality to a PS3. Oh and on top of that top notch Blu-Ray player you get a built in 160 gig hard drive, internet browser, amazing media center and oh yeah; it plays PS3 games. Whenever someone brings up possibly purchasing a Blu-Ray player I always recommend ponying up the extra dough and buying a PS3, you just get more bang for your buck even if you're not going to play games on it.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 30, 2010 -> 01:52 AM)
Funny that you mention this because I have a couple of friends who have recently doled out around $200 on Blu-Ray players when they could have had PS3's for -- as you said -- about a hundred dollars more. CNet mentions this all the time: the industry standard for Blu-Ray players is the PS3, it is the absolute best quality Blu-Ray player on the market, when CNET does their reviews of Blu-Ray players they compare the quality to a PS3. Oh and on top of that top notch Blu-Ray player you get a built in 160 gig hard drive, internet browser, amazing media center and oh yeah; it plays PS3 games. Whenever someone brings up possibly purchasing a Blu-Ray player I always recommend ponying up the extra dough and buying a PS3, you just get more bang for your buck even if you're not going to play games on it.

Now you're just rubbing it in.

lostfan = dunce.gif

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 30, 2010 -> 12:52 AM)

Vudu makes the PS3 a clear winner as far as media centers are concerned.

QUOTE (BobDylan @ Dec 30, 2010 -> 03:11 PM)
Vudu makes the PS3 a clear winner as far as media centers are concerned.

Yep, got me free download from Vudu the other night when I was bored. Quality was amazing and there was absolutely no latency. I was shocked how it didn't pause even once and my internet is really not that fast.

for anyone who may have doled out the dough for playstation plus.. is the option to initiate party chats finally available like they said it would be? or are they still working on it.. the reason i ask is because the inability to chat with my friends while playing different titles on ps3 is one of the two big reasons why i prefer games on my xbox (that and the inability to play whatever is on my ipod through the xmb during the game). Thanks!