AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!

southsider2k5

I took a break tonight, and decided to take the wife out for dinner. It was nice to come out of the Cheesecake Factory after having a good meal, to see that we came out on top. With the type of pitcher that was facing us, I thought it would play to a weakness of the sox. Good to see they came through. We need these types of wins with Detroit and the Indians beating up on each other.

Edited by southsideirish71

Good that we won tonight and beat a good pitcher.

I just wish the Sox had more speed. A man on 2B for the Sox is not a man in scoring position most of the time. And they rarely can move from first to third on a hit to RF.

It's rough when you face a pitcher with the second lowest BAA in the league and string three solid basehits together followed by a long fly ball to RF and come away with nothing.

Still, they won!

Good to see Ozzie hasn't changed. We played our cute little macho game tonight and it nearly cost us a win, and it DID cost Buehrle win #100 of his career. However other than that blaring bit of ignorance, nice win tonight. Let's get a series win tomorrow and hope we can finally finish off a sweep.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 26, 2007 -> 12:35 AM)
Good to see Ozzie hasn't changed. We played our cute little macho game tonight and it nearly cost us a win, and it DID cost Buehrle win #100 of his career. However other than that blaring bit of ignorance, nice win tonight. Let's get a series win tomorrow and hope we can finally finish off a sweep.

I heard them say that on the radio this morning as well, but when watching it I just thought Mark was laboring a bit. Since when can't Mark drill a guy when he wants. He was inside on the bunt by Navarro and then was inside on his first two pitches to Harris and then inside again and drilled him. Then he was inside on his first pitch to Dukes. It seemed he was trying to be too perfect on the corner. Then when he couldn't hit it...he through a cookie right down the middle of the plate. It could have been an intentional drill, but as I was watching the game I didn't get that feeling there.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ May 26, 2007 -> 07:17 AM)
I heard them say that on the radio this morning as well, but when watching it I just thought Mark was laboring a bit. Since when can't Mark drill a guy when he wants. He was inside on the bunt by Navarro and then was inside on his first two pitches to Harris and then inside again and drilled him. Then he was inside on his first pitch to Dukes. It seemed he was trying to be too perfect on the corner. Then when he couldn't hit it...he through a cookie right down the middle of the plate. It could have been an intentional drill, but as I was watching the game I didn't get that feeling there.

Drilling the #9 hitter in the line-up to bring up Dukes as the tying run would be pretty stupid if it was intentional.

Dude. When Terrero hit that ball, I just scream s*** and watched that f***er sail into the night.

Also, when Ozzie came out to talk to Mark I pleaded out loud to keep him in the game, then he gave up the bomb. I still think it was the right move.

Leave it to you to try and find something negative in a good team win.

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 26, 2007 -> 12:17 PM)
As soon as that pitch was thrown to Terrero I said goodbuy... Hanging breaking balls, right down the middle. mmmm, that is one nice cookie to smack the s*** out of.

I literally stood in my seat and yelled s*** thats gone. Everyone around me were a little delayed, that thing has 400+ written all over it.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 26, 2007 -> 11:14 AM)
I literally stood in my seat and yelled s*** thats gone. Everyone around me were a little delayed, that thing has 400+ written all over it.

I was at the game at Safeco when he hit his first, off of Washburn. It was more of a line drive, but he freaking crushed that one as well. This dude has some serious power and can hustle around the bases as well. He's going to be a very solid major league player.

this is a joke post, right?

whatever

:gosox1:

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 26, 2007 -> 12:03 PM)
Dude. When Terrero hit that ball, I just scream s*** and watched that f***er sail into the night.

Also, when Ozzie came out to talk to Mark I pleaded out loud to keep him in the game, then he gave up the bomb. I still think it was the right move.

how bout it, constant b****ing, even after a win.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 26, 2007 -> 12:03 PM)

It nearly turned from a good team win to a good team loss because of that asinine move. We aren't good enough offensively to play childish beanball games yet (although I thought yesterday might have been as good an offensive game as we've had all year, first time we've hit a really good pitcher really hard in 2007).

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 26, 2007 -> 08:08 AM)
Drilling the #9 hitter in the line-up to bring up Dukes as the tying run would be pretty stupid if it was intentional.

It would have been debatably intentional if not for the fact it was pretty obvious he tried to hit him with the first 2 pitches before succeding with the 3rd and getting a warning for it. If it's anybody but me posting how stupid it was, it is agreed with. However agreeing with me is siding with the devil :)

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 26, 2007 -> 02:57 PM)
It nearly turned from a good team win to a good team loss because of that asinine move. We aren't good enough offensively to play childish beanball games yet (although I thought yesterday might have been as good an offensive game as we've had all year, first time we've hit a really good pitcher really hard in 2007).

It would have been debatably intentional if not for the fact it was pretty obvious he tried to hit him with the first 2 pitches before succeding with the 3rd and getting a warning for it. If it's anybody but me posting how stupid it was, it is agreed with. However agreeing with me is siding with the devil :)

No because you dont bean a guy to bring up the tying run to the plate. If there was 2 outs and nobody on than maybe you can make a case. But Ozzie isnt going to bean what is the easiest out in the lineup to bring the tying run to the plate. The reason nobody agrees with you because outside of the recruiting thread you make stupid comments. :chair

I was at the game, and when Tererro hit that HR, there was no doubt about it. I had been talking s*** about him all game to my friends, and the pitch before the HR, I was complaining about him starting. Nonetheless, it was a f***ing bomb, so props to him.

I couldn't tell at the game, but how in the hell did Crede misplay that line drive right to him to put the Drays up 1-0.

Also, a funny story, in the section next to us, when Ozzie came out to talk to Buehrle, a bunch of guys were screaming "NO! DONT TAKE HIM OUT!" He didn't, they cheered, and 1 pitch later came a game-tying home run by Dukes.

I was standing on the LF concourse when Tererro hit that bomb and that is the longest HR I've seen in person in my life. That was two rows short of hitting the beer stand underneath the kids' deck.

We were joking with the two guys in the stand aftewards.

That was MONSTER.

That double play, BTW, was highlight reel stuff. The Buehrle, Uribe to AJ one.