MMA Thread

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jul 10, 2016 -> 07:55 PM)
I watched the Hunt/Brock fight again and I literally don't believe it was real. A WWE character vs an obese 41 year old kick boxer with 12-11 record is some UFC 1 level s***.

You're either trolling or you have zero clue.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 15, 2016 -> 07:08 PM)
Dana is probably freaking out

Think so? I feel like this hurts Vince more than Dana. I guess Brock might have fought again but everything Brock was going to help with is pretty much done with now and they made their money off him already.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 15, 2016 -> 07:13 PM)
Think so? I feel like this hurts Vince more than Dana. I guess Brock might have fought again but everything Brock was going to help with is pretty much done with now and they made their money off him already.

I think he is in the sense that they are reeling from Jones suspension and now this is just more bad press. Vince is probably pissed too

• 1 month later...

When that big cut opened over Diaz' right eye in the 4th, it pretty much ended his little run. I was pretty disappointed in McGregors strategy, he did a lot of running and never really mounted much of an attack outside a few flurries. Admittedly it won him the fight, but proclaiming "The King is Back motherf***ers!" After the fight was pretty weak.

Rumble Johnson put Teixeira in another dimension, good lord. Loved the friendly banter between him and Cormier post fight, those two hooking up will be a super fun fight

QUOTE (zenryan @ Aug 21, 2016 -> 11:34 AM)
Even with the "win", McGregor's star dims even more. Anything close was going to go McGregor's way in terms of a decision. Either way, he hasn't looked great against a middle of the road 155 lb'er fighting at 170 pounds.

I know I get on you for hating on the big names but I think you're right. He marched around screaming the "The King is Back" but I was like, you narrowly won by decision after getting exhausted in round 2. Chill.

And why does he think a third fight should happen on his terms again? Diaz clearly beat him last time.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Aug 21, 2016 -> 11:34 AM)
Even with the "win", McGregor's star dims even more. Anything close was going to go McGregor's way in terms of a decision. Either way, he hasn't looked great against a middle of the road 155 lb'er fighting at 170 pounds.

Diaz certainly should not have won on the cards. Also nothing dimming about about McGregor's star. Diaz-Conor 3 is going to do record numbers.

When McGregor says on his own terms, he's basically saying he can't fight Diaz at 170. Diaz isn't a good 170lb'er so 155 should be good for Diaz.

McGregor needs to move on from Diaz. But Diaz is a good talker so it'll make CM the most money without having to fight someone at a bigger weight class that will absolutely crush him. Go back and fight Aldo or just move to 155 for good.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 21, 2016 -> 12:27 PM)
No, but I would have liked to see him more aggressive and not watching the clock the entire time

There's a gif running around that I'll try to post later of the significant strikes McGregor landed. He beat the hell out of Diaz.

McGregor has no business fighting at 170. His frame can't carry that weight. I hope they give him Alvarez next.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Aug 22, 2016 -> 11:27 AM)
There's a gif running around that I'll try to post later of the significant strikes McGregor landed. He beat the hell out of Diaz.

McGregor has no business fighting at 170. His frame can't carry that weight. I hope they give him Alvarez next.

There was a lot going on throughout the fight, and I am not disputing Conor won and he certainly rocked Diaz a lot more than the other way around. It was just so strange, McGregor was beating his ass and then it seemed like he hit a wall in the 2nd and Diaz started coming for him, and thats when Conor started clock watching and walking across the mat and letting Diaz chase him.

It wasnt until that cut opened on Diaz in the 4th and he was constantly wiping blood away that McGregor woke up and started throwing hard punches again