Another Loss into the Abyss

klaus kinski

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

last week if I would of told you the Sox would have scored 4 runs off Santana at Minn and MB would throw a 2 hitter against the blue jays, never would you have believed they'd be mired in a 5 game losing streak and look lifeless doing it

they need to pull a miracle in these next three games or we're looking at 4 months of meaningless baseball

Edited by SoxFan562004

You know, when things are this bad and we lose a two-hitter by Buehrle, you just have laugh at this point and ride it out. It's almost mystical what's going on.

I can't even get depressed at this point because I think we're just going through a dark time where we can't get a break.

It's like the anti-2005.

Even though it's tought to watch games such tonight, the loss is easier to digest when you consider this White Sox team just isn't very good. They'll be around .500 the entire season -- perhaps feed off a weak National League for June -- but it's obvious this team isn't doing anything in October.

Williams failed us this season. If this style of play continues, only one course of action is necessary -- selling players. And we'll need midseason deals that obviously favor us and immediately help our minor leauge system. Get on it, Williams. You'll have a lot of work to do over the next month.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 31, 2007 -> 08:08 PM)
Even though it's tought to watch games such tonight, the loss is easier to digest when you consider this White Sox team just isn't very good. They'll be around .500 the entire season -- perhaps feed off a weak National League for June -- but it's obvious this team isn't doing anything in October.

Williams failed us this season. If this style of play continues, only one course of action is necessary -- selling players. And we'll need midseason deals that obviously favor us and immediately help our minor leauge system. Get on it, Williams. You'll have a lot of work to do over the next month.

problem is, I think the Sox will feed off a weak NL in June and they'll be in sniffing distance at the trade deadline. Not that means that I think the way they're constructed/playing they're better than you say they are, but they'll have the illussion and Ozzie and KW will buy it

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE(diegotony06 @ May 31, 2007 -> 08:10 PM)
We just aren't a very good team. Our offensive approach at the plate is terrible. I don't think anything will help this team at all right now. It's gonna be a long summer I think.

which is a shame. I use sports as an escape, and I was hoping that the Sox would play meaningful games all summer, but at this pace and the way they look on the field, I have a hard time seeing that happening

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 01:08 AM)
The one positive of the night is MB. Great game. Hopefully all the starters follow suit.

The good thing is Buehrle upped his trade value for the firesale that's coming sooner than later.

Edited by Allsox

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ May 31, 2007 -> 08:10 PM)
problem is, I think the Sox will feed off a weak NL in June and they'll be in sniffing distance at the trade deadline. Not that means that I think the way they're constructed/playing they're better than you say they are, but they'll have the illussion and Ozzie and KW will buy it

The way we are playing, I don't think we have to worry about feeding off anyone.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ May 31, 2007 -> 08:10 PM)

I hope JD, Crede, and Iguchi all tear the cover off the ball around the trade deadline. Get something for them.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 01:12 AM)
are you whining about the series in minnesota, or are you suggesting Buehrle should've been pulled?

Making fun of people who were complaining that if we used Jenks last night for "two" innings, he wouldn't have been able to pitch tonight.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 01:12 AM)
which is a shame. I use sports as an escape, and I was hoping that the Sox would play meaningful games all summer, but at this pace and the way they look on the field, I have a hard time seeing that happening

No worries, Bears training camp opens in July :P

QUOTE(Allsox @ May 31, 2007 -> 08:14 PM)
No worries, Bears training camp opens in July :P

lol true, and look, I've been supernegative all night on this board, but I'll throw one optomistic disclaimer in here. If they can do a complete 180 and take the next three games, with CLE and DET playing each other they will gain 3 games on the division leaders in some combonation (long shot I know, but Roy doesn't pitch every night)