White Sox vs. Blue Jays, 6/01/07 (W)

DBAHO

Well I'm taking on my 1st game thread of the season, and hopefully we can break this rut we're in.

Javier Vazquez takes the mound tonight against A.J Burnett. Both have ERA's in the 4's. This won't be an easy game to score because Burnett has a 2.28 ERA in his 4 home starts so far this season. We really need that offense to get going, and fast.

:gosox1:

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

im sayin jays win 6-4, walk off 2 run homer by big frank

did anyone see dusty baker on baseball tonight yesterday? they did bold predictions, and his bold prediction was the sox were going to be the hottest team in june, and at the end of the month, they would only be 1 game out

Edited by briguy27

well, I was mr. negative last night, so I'll repost my one glimmer of optimism, if Sox can turn it around, take these three games, they'll automatically pick up 3 games, in some combo, against CLE and DET...

so let's go Sox!!!

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 07:20 AM)

did anyone see dusty baker on baseball tonight yesterday? they did bold predictions, and his bold prediction was the sox were going to be the hottest team in june, and at the end of the month, they would only be 1 game out

Baker is right. The Sox will start their playoff push with a win tonight.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 05:20 AM)

He was right about the Tigers going into May.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 04:35 PM)
Is Owens going to play tonight?

Yep.... leading off and playing (ugh!) Center.

What would be so bad about sending down our reserve reserve infielder, calling up BA or RS and having them play CF? And have Owens in LF?

It can't be much worse then the Erstad-Pods combo or the more recent Erstad-Mack-Terrero trio...

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 06:15 PM)
Why would you want to swing at a pitch down the middle, Jim?

Harrelson just HAD to acknowledge Mariotti's comments, lol.

You knew he wouldn't be able to avoid taking the bait.

Not quite as enticing as the Cubs, Barrett and Zambrano (or shall we call him Big Z?) falling apart...

Edited by caulfield12