Greatest minor league ejection routine ever?

santo=dorf

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 09:09 PM)
Isn't this guy considered one of the front runners to replace Bobby Cox to? Or should I say was?

Was?

Idk assuming Bobby Cox track record of ejections Wellman or whatever his name is appears to be on the right track. :)

Neither of the two shown in this thread compare to a Wally Backman tirade a few years ago when he was managing the Barons. At the time I posted full details of it, but cannot access the search function to go back and try and find the original post.

In a nutshell, it consisted of all the normal yelling and screaming at multiple umpires, including stopping and then turning around and starting again.

Then he kicked three baseballs sitting on home plate (the batboy had brought them out but the umpire was busy, so he sat them down) like kicking a FG. Then he threw about 20 bats out of the dugout, two chairs, a few helmets, the gum and seeds bucket and two powerade coolers. It seemed like it took about 10 minutes for him to throw everything. He'd throw something, yell from the dugout and as soon as you thought he was done, something else would come flying out of the dugout.

The funny thing that no one knew about at the time was that when he was done, he smiled at pitching coach Juan Nieves, said "it's all yours" and laughed as he headed into the tunnel toward the clubhouse.

I wish it was caught on video because it was absolutely priceless.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 02:58 AM)
Neither of the two shown in this thread compare to a Wally Backman tirade a few years ago when he was managing the Barons. At the time I posted full details of it, but cannot access the search function to go back and try and find the original post.

In a nutshell, it consisted of all the normal yelling and screaming at multiple umpires, including stopping and then turning around and starting again.

Then he kicked three baseballs sitting on home plate (the batboy had brought them out but the umpire was busy, so he sat them down) like kicking a FG. Then he threw about 20 bats out of the dugout, two chairs, a few helmets, the gum and seeds bucket and two powerade coolers. It seemed like it took about 10 minutes for him to throw everything. He'd throw something, yell from the dugout and as soon as you thought he was done, something else would come flying out of the dugout.

The funny thing that no one knew about at the time was that when he was done, he smiled at pitching coach Juan Nieves, said "it's all yours" and laughed as he headed into the tunnel toward the clubhouse.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=51700

:)

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 11:58 PM)

I remember that. I believe it was 2003 I still love the FG's and remember saying that it's good! I had no idea about the smile to Juan that would have made it even more fun for me.

How many games did he get for that I knew it was at least 5.