BearSox

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 11:41 AM)
So Hawk is announcing for the people of Europe today. I wonder if he'll educate them about the likes of Catfish, Yaz, Kaline, etc.

No way can we count on the return of Pods/Erstad. Both of them have injuries that are very easily reaggrevated.

If neither comes back soon which I am not sure is likely this team is toast, unless Owens can produce the .350 OBP. This order right now aged like a dog over the winter and is now done. The only hope is that Iguchi and the lead-off hitter can do their thing.

Actually this team needs a bench coach or somebody that can assist Ozzie in figuring things out. I was away yesterday. What was the reason for bringin in McDougal over Thorton in the 7th?

AJ in the three whole is a great idea but you have to guess Ozzie has the good old blind faith in Thome-Dye-Konerko. Also Crede should be hitting 8th and Uribe 9th.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 05:46 PM)
If neither comes back soon which I am not sure is likely this team is toast, unless Owens can produce the .350 OBP. This order right now aged like a dog over the winter and is now done. The only hope is that Iguchi and the lead-off hitter can do their thing.

The return of Pods and Erstad has little impact on the team's chances. We need our good hitters to actually play well. Counting on some mediocre players to return and lead this team is not going to improve this offense.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 05:54 PM)
Jim Thome says...f*** YOU FATHOM :P

Part of my disappointment is that I think he's just about the best hitter in baseball against righty starters. I expected a huge series out of him. I think last year was when he went a whole weekend at the dome and didn't make an out.