And That's A White Sox Loser

Flash Tizzle

We're now 7.5 games out of the division lead, and after Detroit's inevitable victory, 5.5 games out of the wildcard lead with five teams to jump.

If this exact scenario is unchanged in July, I expect Williams to sell off Buehrle and -- to his best efforts -- Dye.

This ballclub isn't winning anything, anytime soon. Sooner Williams realizes it, the sooner he can prepare for the future.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 10:03 PM)
So no game tomorrow against the Yankees?

From what I can see, there will in fact be 2 teams on the field. If there will be a game is yet to be determined.

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But did you see all the strikeouts Javy Vazquez was able to accumulate?

It's funny to see posters b**** for minor leaguers to have high K numbers and high speed gun readings, yet when we get to the major league level they bomb out. See Vazquez and the bullpen.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 10:04 PM)
Ozzie started the post game interview with laughter.

Just keep throwing them out, thats all he can do.

You really can't even blame him anymore. I just feel sorry for the guy. He just said, what seems to me, to be the "We quit." statement. He said "I just gotta change my style. Gotta go and have some fun."

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 08:06 PM)
You really can't even blame him anymore. I just feel sorry for the guy. He just said, what seems to me, to be the "We quit." statement. He said "I just gotta change my style. Gotta go and have some fun."

worked once before. this team is tight as a drum up there. anything to loosen them up. Not that it's going to turn around the season, but WTF, it can't hurt.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 10:01 PM)
We're now 7.5 games out of the division lead, and after Detroit's inevitable victory, 5.5 games out of the wildcard lead with five teams to jump.

If this exact scenario is unchanged in July, I expect Williams to sell off Buehrle and -- to his best efforts -- Dye.

This ballclub isn't winning anything, anytime soon. Sooner Williams realizes it, the sooner he can prepare for the future.

If they don't turn things around soon, there is no future--at least not for a long time. They're not going to get anything for Dye the way he's playing so far. They probably won't get much for Buehrle either. Prospects are suspects, and nobody is going to give blue chip prospects for guys who are underperforming.

If guys like Dye, Iguchi, Crede, Konerko and even Buerhle were performing well, the Sox would be right near the top and there would be no need to sell them off. If they don't begin to perform soon, you're not going to get anything for them.

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 03:10 AM)
If they don't turn things around soon, there is no future--at least not for a long time. They're not going to get anything for Dye the way he's playing so far. They probably won't get much for Buehrle either. Prospects are suspects, and nobody is going to give blue chip prospects for guys who are underperforming.

If guys like Dye, Iguchi, Crede, Konerko and even Buerhle were performing well, the Sox would be right near the top and there would be no need to sell them off. If they don't begin to perform soon, you're not going to get anything for them.

Buehrle is the best player possibly available. Even a mediocre GM could get a lot of value for him.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 11:11 PM)
Buehrle is the best player possibly available. Even a mediocre GM could get a lot of value for him.

Exactly, would it be possible to get Pelfrey AND Humber for him at the deadline from the Mets?

If not, I assume we can probably get Pelfrey and an outfield prospect for him.

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 03:13 AM)
Tell me whom the Sox can realistically get for him, and then tell me how much those prospects are going to improve the Sox' chances of making the playoffs the next couple of years.

The prospects should be guys that can hopefully be core members of the team from 2009 to 2011. I still would love to get Milledge and a pitching prospect from the Mets.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 11:15 PM)
The prospects should be guys that can hopefully be core members of the team from 2009 to 2011. I still would love to get Milledge and a pitching prospect from the Mets.

I'd ask for Milledge and Pelfrey, minimum.

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 10:10 PM)

I refuse to believe that they'd receive little for Buehrle. I honestly don't care about his impending free agent status. It's Williams job. He should have his amateur scouts do their jobs and browse through the lower levels of opposing organizations. Find someone such as Liriano who has yet to establish himself with stellar numbers, yet posesses good stuff.

It's simple -- either Williams plays this game of "oh well, we're not going to get anything because of A, B, or C," or he realizes the future of this ballclub depends upon the return packages. Our return to playoff contention may be shortened with the right deal.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

I just hope KW isn't too stubborn and thinks if they're 10 games out with 11 to play against Cleveland or Detroit or whoever, that they still have a chance like we heard so many times before. These are guys he's going to lose, he might as well get something for them if the situation stays as bleak as it is right now. I think he should think about trading anyone depending on what he could get back, whether they have a contract for next year or not. I'd love to see some GM as in love with Vazquez's strikeouts as KW offer him a deal he couldn't refuse.

Edited by Dick Allen

lately, people after games have been giving us news like "OWENS UP TO BIG LEAGUES PER 670"

please give us some news today like "OZZIE CHEWS TEAM OUT IN CLUBHOUSE PER 670"

or "BUEHRLE TRADED TO METS FOR PELFREY, MILLEDGE, AND CASH PER 670"

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 10:01 PM)

I think KW is putting up the impression he's not selling at this time. Even if he is serious, I am sure deep down inside he knows he's only got a matter of time before it's really over.