White Sox vs. Astros, 6/8/07 (L)

Brian

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(smalls2598 @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 09:42 AM)
Is there any truth to the rumor that Thome will be playing 1st base this weekend?

Edit: I should mention that i read it on a fantasy baseball site...

The site is a bunch of dopes. There is no need for him to play first because we are at home, and we use the DH in AL parks.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 09:43 AM)
The site is a bunch of dopes. There is no need for him to play first because we are at home, and we use the DH in AL parks.

Hey thanks, Mike. I was just asking a question, no need for the 'dope' comment.

As I mentioned, I read it on a fantasy baseball site. I know it was a rumor. But i thought maybe he may play a few games to get warmed up for next week when they play in Philly and Pitts. You know, since Paulie isn't hitting.

QUOTE(smalls2598 @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 09:51 AM)
Hey thanks, Mike. I was just asking a question, no need for the 'dope' comment.

As I mentioned, I read it on a fantasy baseball site. I know it was a rumor. But i thought maybe he may play a few games to get warmed up for next week when they play in Philly and Pitts. You know, since Paulie isn't hitting.

Not you, the site. If they don't know the difference between AL and NL rules, they have got some issues.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 09:51 AM)
Not you, the site. If they don't know the difference between AL and NL rules, they have got some issues.

LOL, i can't read. I thought you were saying "This site is a bunch of dope" (with THIS site meaning Soxtalk).

But now I see what you were saying. Haha.

QUOTE(smalls2598 @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 09:42 AM)
Is there any truth to the rumor that Thome will be playing 1st base this weekend?

Edit: I should mention that i read it on a fantasy baseball site...

I sure as hell hope so, I need him to play 5 games at 1B for him to even qualify for the position. Fantasy, that is.

QUOTE(Big Hurtin @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you think Berkman will appeal his suspension? He's supposed to start the 2 game suspension tonight, unless appealed. I haven't seen or heard anything regarding him opting to appeal.

what did he get suspended for? b/c i saw it on the bottom of sportscenter and all i read was "suspension lance berkman"...

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 10:29 AM)
Thome has to play first over Konerko, should he do well he can be trade bait to the NL. Think the Dodgers or Giants could use him.

Except for that whole No Trade Clause thing.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 12:37 PM)
what did he get suspended for? b/c i saw it on the bottom of sportscenter and all i read was "suspension lance berkman"...

He came back on the field when the benches cleared, but he had already been ejected. Someone threw at Carlos Lee, which is what caused the benches to clear.

QUOTE(Big Hurtin @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 11:47 AM)
He came back on the field when the benches cleared, but he had already been ejected. Someone threw at Carlos Lee, which is what caused the benches to clear.

Actually he got ejected after a check swing strike three call and then proceeded to throw all his s*** onto the field.. Including his jersey

QUOTE(Shadows @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 01:30 PM)
Actually he got ejected after a check swing strike three call and then proceeded to throw all his s*** onto the field.. Including his jersey

I was just going by what I heard on ESPNEWS. I must have missed the initial ejection. I just heard them talking about how he was one of the players to come out, but he had already been thrown out of the game.

QUOTE(Big Hurtin @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 12:46 PM)
I was just going by what I heard on ESPNEWS. I must have missed the initial ejection. I just heard them talking about how he was one of the players to come out, but he had already been thrown out of the game.

Yeah he came back out without his jersey on and people were laughing at him about it, it was pretty funny