White Sox vs. Astros, 6/8/07 (L)

Brian

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 06:44 PM)
The way the lineup has handled Sampson thus far, even with their offensive troubles, if less than five runs are across the board I'll be shocked. Nearly every out has been crushed.

They let him off the hook to settle in and realize this offense sucks. They may get three possibly four as they are not facing the Yanks or Blue Jays bullpen.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 12:44 AM)
The way the lineup has handled Sampson thus far, even with their offensive troubles, if less than five runs are across the board I'll be shocked. Nearly every out has been crushed.

You're giving our offense way too much credit to actually stay consistent during a game. We still have a couple of double plays in crucial situations to hit into. Why in the world do we keep having Owens leadoff? Ozzie and KW have to be the only two people in baseball who think he should start in the majors.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 06:00 PM)
You're giving our offense way too much credit to actually stay consistent during a game. We still have a couple of double plays in crucial situations to hit into. Why in the world do we keep having Owens leadoff? Ozzie and KW have to be the only two people in baseball who think he should start in the majors.

While I agree that he just isn't cutting it, what other options does this team truly have?

QUOTE(PoopsThompson @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 01:02 AM)
While I agree that he just isn't cutting it, what other options does this team truly have?

Mackowiak should be leading off. He's giving this team some good at-bats. Put Terrero in CF when Dye is healthy.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 07:59 PM)
Where are the chat room folks? And Iguchi's seeing the ball real well now. Even his outs are being crushed.

Personally, I can only access the chat from my laptop -- which currently is with my brother god knows where.

It will return tomorrow.

Mackowiak continues to have good at-bats. Owens continues to show he should have stuck with football.

We've always talked over the last few years about just how bad our prospects play when they get called up. The sad thing is that it's been 5 times worse this year than in previous years. Hell, at least Borchard would hit an occasional homer.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 08:23 PM)
Mackowiak continues to have good at-bats. Owens continues to show he should have stuck with football.

Why? He couldn't have made the NFL. He probably couldn't have made the AFL or CFL. He made it to the major leagues in baseball.

He may not be any good, but he made it.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 08:24 PM)
Why? He couldn't have made the NFL. He probably couldn't have made the AFL or CFL. He made it to the major leagues in baseball.

The Bears like fast receivers... he should try out for them.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 01:24 AM)

I know, it was just a joke. It's funny to see how good Pence is though compared to our prospects. Last year, Fields was rated in the same range as him.