White Sox vs. Astros, 6/8/07 (L)

Brian

Danks about to walk Scott before Lee. They really need to work on his mechanics to keep him from flying open and then falling off the mound.

Ha, even when we get a good throw, we still can't get the guy out. AJ must really suck at those plays. He needs to stay closer to the plate.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This team has to stop making losing look so easy.

It's a historic day....it's the first time that Hawk used this line:

"this is the most talented offensive team I've ever seen struggle for this long".

Stop swinging at the first pitch Thome.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 08:30 PM)
Danks about to walk Scott before Lee. They really need to work on his mechanics to keep him from flying open and then falling off the mound.

Ha, even when we get a good throw, we still can't get the guy out. AJ must really suck at those plays. He needs to stay closer to the plate.

I'm late, but it looked like AJ thought that throw was going to beat pence by a mile. He was in a terribly unathletic position when he fielded it with his left leg underneath his ass. and looked up the line as if he thought he would have Pence by 20 feet.

That's the closest statement to the truth I've heard Hawk say in quite awhile.

"It's one thing to struggle against Doc Halladay. Another to struggle against pitchers you would only describe as average. We're making cy-youngs out of a lot of people."

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 08:43 PM)
That's the closest statement to the truth I've heard Hawk say in quite awhile.

"It's one thing to struggle against Doc Halladay. Another to struggle against pitchers you would only describe as average. We're making cy-youngs out of a lot of people."

Hawk may be a homer but he's not stupid.

QUOTE(rafacosta @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 01:49 AM)
Josh Fields...you don't hit and now you don't play defense...

That wasn't his fault. His fielding has been fine. Meanwhile, Danks continues to throw high pitch after high pitch.

Holy s***! How is Ozzie not on the hot seat with his team playing so pathetic and without hustle/fundamentals?

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 08:46 PM)
You'll need to wait for a new GM before the Sox get a prospect like that....

But surely we can trade for one. If not midseason, over the offseason. Right?!!

Wow. This is becoming embarrassing again.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 08:50 PM)
That wasn't his fault. His fielding has been fine. Meanwhile, Danks continues to throw high pitch after high pitch.

But the bigger picture is that he simply will not be an impact player at the major league level -- he K's like crazy and can't hit a decent fastball. And he's the Sox top prospect...what was it you said about someone getting fired?

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 08:51 PM)
But surely we can trade for one. If not midseason, over the offseason. Right?!!

Wow. This is becoming embarrassing again.

The next nail in the coffin will be getting Jon Adkins-like players in return for Buehrle and Dye. I can't wait.

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 01:52 AM)
But the bigger picture is that he simply will not be an impact player at the major league level -- he K's like crazy and can't hit a decent fastball. And he's the Sox top prospect...what was it you said about someone getting fired?

Give Fields time. More than ever, I've seen prospects come up around the league and look awful for a month or so. Then, all of a sudden, it starts to click. Crede's going to be out for the year, so you might as well sit back and hope for the best with him and not criticize him on a play that wasn't terrible.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 01:53 AM)
I'm struggling to find something about this team to be positive or hopeful about...

My #1 goal is for Fields to start getting some good contact. I also would like to see Anderson called up sooner than later. It's worthless to keep putting Owens out there.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 08:54 PM)
Give Fields time. More than ever, I've seen prospects come up around the league and look awful for a month or so. Then, all of a sudden, it starts to click. Crede's going to be out for the year, so you might as well sit back and hope for the best with him and not criticize him on a play that wasn't terrible.

I didn't criticize him for that play -- and I have nothing against Fields at all. Hope he does well. I just think the Sox farm system is abysmal.

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 08:53 PM)
The next nail in the coffin will be getting Jon Adkins-like players in return for Buehrle and Dye. I can't wait.

Dye, at this point, might as well remain on the White Sox until the end of the season. It's literally PATHETIC. how his production has fallen off. Not only is he not hitting, but his injured knee is making trading him nearly impossible. So there's no decent return possible. Next, if he doesn't begin hitting well leading up to September, there's a chance we may not receive Type A compesnation. Which means we may not receive someones first round draft pick. It's just a terrible mix of circumstances. Dye is not only hurting our present, but future. Atleast Iguchi seems to be coming around...

At best, Buehrle should bring something valuable. He just needs to stay healthy and get himself righted against the weak national league.

Edited by Flash Tizzle