Brian

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This team has to stop making losing look so easy.

It's a historic day....it's the first time that Hawk used this line:

"this is the most talented offensive team I've ever seen struggle for this long".

Stop swinging at the first pitch Thome.

:huh:

He was saying that throughout the end of April and early May. I just wonder if he's given up that the Sox offense isn't such a lock to turn it around.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 02:01 AM)
:huh:

He was saying that throughout the end of April and early May. I just wonder if he's given up that the Sox offense isn't such a lock to turn it around.

Well, it's not for lack of trying. He's probably said that line about 10 times tonight.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 11:00 PM)
This game's over...I can't think of the last time this team made any sort of comeback to win a game. Hey Ozzie....keep up the good work!

I don't see why Ozzie should be blamed so far in this game...

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 08:55 PM)
My #1 goal is for Fields to start getting some good contact. I also would like to see Anderson called up sooner than later. It's worthless to keep putting Owens out there.

I would love to see Anderson get another shot so we can see if he's in any of our future plans. Who knows if Ozzie will allow that though.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 09:03 PM)
I would love to see Anderson get another shot so we can see if he's in any of our future plans. Who knows if Ozzie will allow that though.

I really doubt he is.

And Andy Gonzalez is a right fielder like you are.

How many more times do we have to see a pathetic display from this offense?

Greg Walker needs to be canned. This is beyond ridiculous. At this point a change is needed...SOME CHANGE...any change.

As for the bullpen, that falls on the shoulders of Kenny Williams.

QUOTE(rafacosta @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 02:02 AM)
I don't see why Ozzie should be blamed so far in this game...

Continuing to put one of the weakest hitters in Sox history at the leadoff position is not a good move. However, my bigger issue with Ozzie right now is just how lethargic this team is. It really seems like they accept losing way too much. And don't get me started on putting Andy Gonzalez into RF. KW must be a freaking moron for calling him up.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 08:08 PM)
Continuing to put one of the weakest hitters in Sox history at the leadoff position is not a good move. However, my bigger issue with Ozzie right now is just how lethargic this team is. It really seems like they accept losing way too much. And don't get me started on putting Andy Gonzalez into RF. KW must be a freaking moron for calling him up.

I'm just wonder how much longer this is going to last. Is this organization just going to let this continue? Someone's head really needs to roll......

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 08:09 PM)
This team deserves everything that's happening with these horrible personnel decisions. 8 minor leaguers on a 100 million dollar payroll team is pathetic.

Masset bringing it with that 92 mph heater.

The problem is that the guys they bring up are clones of the clowns they current call veterans. Owens gets a 2-0 pitch and hits a six hopper to short. These guys have no concept ofthe strike and howe to be a smart hitter, this has to be a philosophy in the minors and looks really bad whe na player is struggling.

Uribe is trying ot pop out to every corner infielder.

Nick Masset is an example of why I fear Williams attempting to receive anything of value for any of our players in the coming months.

Receiving Danks for McCarthy obviously appears to benefit us, atleast this early, but Masset and Rasner have hardly been the additonal pieces one would cites as reasons to have faith in this ballclub's future. Rasner to a lesser extent, yes, but still -- the trade is equivalent to taking one step back, one and a half steps forward. We're not improving our team much. Next trade Williams makes, it needs to obviously benefit our club. With more potential than Masset and Rasner.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

Haha...this is the worst I've ever seen the Sox play for an extended stretch.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 02:12 AM)
Nick Masset is an example of why I fear Williams attempting to receive anything of value for any of of players in the coming months.

Receiving Danks for McCarthy obviously appears to benefit us, atleast this early, but Masset and Rasner have hardly been the additonal pieces one would expect production from. Rasner to a lesser extent, yes, but still -- the trade is equivalent to taking one step back, one and a half steps forward. We're not improving our team much. Next trade Williams makes, it needs to obviously benefit our club. With more potential than Masset and Rasner.

This team is so far from being good, it's scary. I don't want KW or Ozzie anywhere near a rebuilding team. I still think we should try and trade Thome to the Yankees for Cabrera, Proctor, and a good prospect like Betances.

something needs to shake them lose because if they can't take atleast 9 or 10 out of the next 15, here against national league crap teams, then it really is time to have a fire sale. the team is getting paid too much to perform like they are. it's to the point now where it may be in the 4th or 5th inning that the opposition gets the lead but I already know the Sox are toast. they lack the heart and effort to come back and win games. atleast that's what they've proved thus far on the season. and when they do get a lead, they think that they're good enough to just give away at bats by coasting. greg walker must be the god father of ozzie's children because i can not explain as to why he still has a job. can anyone?

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 02:15 AM)
Why do I think we're getting close to calling one of the JAG trio up to try and help the bullpen?

Might as well....give us something to look forward to. Masset needs to be sent down and given a chance to start.