We Don't Shuffle Anymore!

The Critic

You wanna shuffle, Oh, I'll SHUFFLE, all right....

Gwar - The Apes Of Wrath

Aerosmith - Last Child

Sidewinders - Witch Doctor

Todd Rundgren - I Saw The Light

Quiet Riot - Mama Weer All Crazee Now

The Mission UK - Amelia

Dramarama - Ain't It The Truth

Bracket - Trailer Park

Sloppy Seconds - The Mighty Heroes

Only Crime - Now's The Time

And the "Tuesday night, no drink specials, 14 people in the club INCLUDING employees" bonus track:

Rise Against - Under The Knife

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 16, 2007 -> 05:59 PM)
But it's Thursday. :huh:

I was trying to paint a picture with words.

Empty club, no cheap drinks to draw people in, crappy atmosphere, no one paying attention to the band, all that crap.

Tuesday seems to me to be the worst night for live music at clubs.

I remember quite a few Thursday night shows, so it didn't seem appropriate to use Thursday.

EDIT: I just looked through my ticket stub books and since 1983 I've seen 12 shows on Tuesday nights. Then again, I've only seen 20 Thursday night shows, so maybe Thursday would've worked. :huh

Edited by The Critic

QUOTE(The Critic @ Aug 16, 2007 -> 06:27 PM)
You wanna shuffle, Oh, I'll SHUFFLE, all right....

Gwar - The Apes Of Wrath

Aerosmith - Last Child

Sidewinders - Witch Doctor

Todd Rundgren - I Saw The Light

Quiet Riot - Mama Weer All Crazee Now

The Mission UK - Amelia

Dramarama - Ain't It The Truth

Bracket - Trailer Park

Sloppy Seconds - The Mighty Heroes

Only Crime - Now's The Time

And the "Tuesday night, no drink specials, 14 people in the club INCLUDING employees" bonus track:

Rise Against - Under The Knife

I love you Critic, the world's only other Bracket fan. And as for Under the Knife, I'm going to see them Saturday in Providence with Smoke or Fire and Comeback Kid. Needless to say, chaos will ensue.

QUOTE(Spiff @ Aug 16, 2007 -> 07:41 PM)
I love you Critic, the world's only other Bracket fan. And as for Under the Knife, I'm going to see them Saturday in Providence with Smoke or Fire and Comeback Kid. Needless to say, chaos will ensue.

Have a good time!

Rise Against is SO good.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Aug 16, 2007 -> 07:30 PM)
I was trying to paint a picture with words.

Empty club, no cheap drinks to draw people in, crappy atmosphere, no one paying attention to the band, all that crap.

Tuesday seems to me to be the worst night for live music at clubs.

I remember quite a few Thursday night shows, so it didn't seem appropriate to use Thursday.

EDIT: I just looked through my ticket stub books and since 1983 I've seen 12 shows on Tuesday nights. Then again, I've only seen 20 Thursday night shows, so maybe Thursday would've worked. :huh

You are such a geek! LOL! :notworthy

I routinely know 1 of the 10 or 11 songs listed on this thread. Most of the time, I've never even heard of the artists. I'm so stuck in the mid 80s to early 90s. And even then, it's only the stuff that was popular on the radio. One day I'll post my list, and I'll immediately be chased off the board by Kid Gleason or the Critic.

Today, my shuffle consisted of old Tony Kornheiser shows, Brandmeiers latest, selected bits yesterday's Adam Carolla show, and Mac Jurko and Harry. I'm afraid to list any of the music I listen to.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 16, 2007 -> 07:59 PM)
You are such a geek! LOL! :notworthy

I'll never deny that. I prefer "tard", but geek will do. :D

I started off by throwing the ticket stubs in a shoebox, and later I decided to try to keep them in somewhat decent shape and order by putting them in photo albums.

I'm glad I did, because sometimes checking out a ticket stub can remind me of things I'd forgotten (who I went with, who the opening act was, crap like that).

Plus, it helped me do the math on the age-old "Tuesday vs. Thursday" debate.

:lolhitting :lol:

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Aug 16, 2007 -> 10:47 PM)
I routinely know 1 of the 10 or 11 songs listed on this thread. Most of the time, I've never even heard of the artists. I'm so stuck in the mid 80s to early 90s. And even then, it's only the stuff that was popular on the radio. One day I'll post my list, and I'll immediately be chased off the board by Kid Gleason or the Critic.

Today, my shuffle consisted of old Tony Kornheiser shows, Brandmeiers latest, selected bits yesterday's Adam Carolla show, and Mac Jurko and Harry. I'm afraid to list any of the music I listen to.

I'd never chase you off the board. ESPECIALLY when I see that you have Adam Carolla (the man, the legend, the American Genius) on your player.

I may assault you with a blinding array of green font and smilies, but chase you away? Never!!

Besides, I've always said that anyone can find stuff they like in my collection, and anyone can find stuff to ridicule me for in there too.

It's only music, after all.

:D :cheers

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Aug 16, 2007 -> 10:47 PM)

Well Critic and I became friends off the this site due to having similar interests in bands, so that is why both of us might throw you for a loop. We are listening to all of the same bands pretty much. Though Critic is a little cooler than me due to his blossoming friendship with Michael Butler.

Middle, I have not forgotten that I told you a long time ago I would make you a comp of tunes. You can use MP3's, right? I'll put something together and post it to a link so you can hear some of this junk that Critic and I post.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 17, 2007 -> 01:30 PM)
Well Critic and I became friends off the this site due to having similar interests in bands, so that is why both of us might throw you for a loop. We are listening to all of the same bands pretty much. Though Critic is a little cooler than me due to his blossoming friendship with Michael Butler.

....I did get that Exodus file in my email this morning, AND he's mailing me that CD from The Millions....

B)

:lolhitting

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 17, 2007 -> 03:47 PM)
Oh great...time for you to join the Butler-Buttkissers.

Here's what I realized this morning.

In the 80's I randomly saw a review of Stevie Stiletto's "Food For Flies" in some zine and I mailed out for it. I ended up ordering two more tapes and a t-shirt from them.

I was a fan of Exodus during Michael's stint in the early 90's, but I wasn't a fan of him specifically in the group.

American Heartbreak is on the "long list" of favorite bands of mine, despite their singer.

So kind of by accident, I've been a lifelong fan!

:huh :bang :D

1. Portishead - It Could Be Sweet

2. Nick Cave - Red Right Hand

3. The Sugarcubes - Coldsweat

4. Yoko Ono - Hell In Paradise

5. Ween - Freedom of '76

6. Placebo - In The Cold Light of the Morning

7. Nouvelle Vague - I'll Melt With You

8. James Brown - Say It Loud - I'm Black and Proud

9. Jurassic 5 - Turn It Out

10. X-Ray Spex - I Am A Poseur

Good night Soxtalk, there will be no bonus track encore!

Justed pressed shuffle on my iPod and here is what came out...

1. Can't Believe A Single Word - VHS or Beta

2. Open Your Eyes - Snow Patrol

3. The Shining - Badly Drawn Boy

4. Sway - The Perishers

5. All The Same - Sick Puppies

6. Satellite - Guster

7. Destination Anywhere - Sugarcult

8. Crystal Village - Pete Yorn

9. Lazy Eye - Silversun Pickups

10. Caught By The River - Doves

The Doves are the band I always like but never remember.

Another ten, because I love shuffling.

1. Weezer - Butterfly

2. Yoko Ono - Even When You're Far Away

3. bis - The Boy With A Thorn In His Side

4. Jamiroquai - Blow Your Mind (Instrumental)

5. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Dani California

6. Parry Gripp - You Need Our Cold Medicine

7. The Beach Boys - California Saga/California

8. Lambchop - The Distance from Her to There

9. Ween - The HIV Song

10. Cold War Kids - Passing The Hat

Bonus 11.

11. Youssou N'Dour and Neneh Cherry - 7 Seconds

Because shuffling is better than watching Jose Contreras pitch:

Jim Carroll Band - Three Sisters

Squeeze - Annie Get Your Gun

The Replacements - When It Began

Amber Pacific - Poetically Pathetic

She Wants Revenge - Monologue

The Wildhearts - Whoa s***, You Got Through

Faster Pussycat - Don't Change That Song

Husker Du - Makes No Sense At All

Diamond Head - Am I Evil

Paris, Texas - White Eyes

And the "scoring from second on a chopper off home plate" bonus track:

del Amitri - Always The Last To Know

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Aug 17, 2007 -> 11:04 PM)
Critic, I finally broke down and bought an iPOD for my long commute to work now. What say you to that, sir?

I say you're WAY ahead of me, sir!

I had to be given one by my wife, because I was being a total douche technophobe.

Just one more reason why I love her - she knew I'd use the damn thing all the time despite my whining about my being "just fine with my CD Walkman".

The first thing you need to do is find the podcasts of the Adam Carolla Show and enjoy the goodness!!!

:notworthy

QUOTE(The Critic @ Aug 18, 2007 -> 06:32 AM)
I say you're WAY ahead of me, sir!

I had to be given one by my wife, because I was being a total douche technophobe.

Just one more reason why I love her - she knew I'd use the damn thing all the time despite my whining about my being "just fine with my CD Walkman".

The first thing you need to do is find the podcasts of the Adam Carolla Show and enjoy the goodness!!!

:notworthy

Must be nice to be married and get free stuff :)

I went out and bought a new stereo for my car and an ipod to go with it. I generally listen to wrestling/MMA podcasts, but I'll see if I can find any of the Carolla shows.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Aug 18, 2007 -> 01:31 PM)
Must be nice to be married and get free stuff :)

I went out and bought a new stereo for my car and an ipod to go with it. I generally listen to wrestling/MMA podcasts, but I'll see if I can find any of the Carolla shows.

Must be nice to be young and believe that anything's free when you're married.

:D

Have you heard Monday Night Countdown? That's my favorite rasslin podcast.