White Sox vs. Cubs, 6/24/07 (L)

The Bones

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if I want the win or if I want to get swept. It's that depressing of a season and even the trade rumors don't look promising. And yea, I'm a team guy so don't say I'm cheering for the team to lose. I will watch the game and cheer for them to win, but in our situation the L gets the trades closer (I'd hope, but looking at our GM I'm not so sure).

In other news my $70 clubhouse shoes arrived in the mail and they look nice :) so at least no matter where I go people know I'm a true Chi-Sox fan.

Edited by ROC Sox Fan

If we don't win this one, we face the D-Rays and Royals. We at least can try to turn it around against them.

Then again, we struggled against the Pirates, so nevermind. It might just be hopeless.

time for new slogan" hey these kids can play" times start bringing this back with basically whole minor league in the lineup

time for new slogan" hey these kids can play" times start bringing this back with basically whole minor league in the lineup

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 10:46 AM)
If we don't win this one, we face the D-Rays and Royals. We at least can try to turn it around against them.

Then again, we struggled against the Pirates, so nevermind. It might just be hopeless.

Who are we kidding? The Rays and Royals are looking forward to playing us.

I went to sleep thinking the Sox would take this game 5-2, but I woke up about a half hour before game time and I just feel something. Just woke up and it felt like a laugher was on the way. I haven't felt so good about a Sox game in a long time. Should be fun to watch our boys beat up the bush baby the cubs have on the bump today.

Sox-9

Cubs-0

Complete game shut out for Contreras...

It might not be the brightest days ahead, but I definetly think we're going to have alot more fun before this season is over.

Edited by POPPY_HIDALGO

QUOTE(POPPY_HIDALGO @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 11:35 AM)
I went to sleep thinking the Sox would take this game 5-2, but I woke up about a half hour before game time and I just feel something. Just woke up and it felt like a laugher was on the way. I haven't felt so good about a Sox game in a long time. Should be fun to watch our boys beat up the bush baby the cubs have on the bump today.

Sox-9

Cubs-0

Complete game shut out for Contreras...

It might not be the brightest days ahead, but I definetly think we're going to have alot more fun before this season is over.

You should go back to bed

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 01:06 PM)
Why the Cub announcers at the Cell for the 2nd time in this series?

They did it so that people watching could choose which broadcasters. Both are there. Just like at Wrigley, Hawk and DJ were at the games.

Soriano K.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 06:15 PM)
With two auto-outs in the lineup (Gonzalez, Uribe) I expect nothing from Pods. He is sandwiched in between two of the worst hitters and I don't think he'll see any pitches to hit.

Why does it matter who's surrounding one of the least powerful hitters in baseball? He'll get good pitches to hit due to teams not wanting to walk him.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 01:13 PM)
They did it so that people watching could choose which broadcasters. Both are there. Just like at Wrigley, Hawk and DJ were at the games.

Soriano K.

I cannot choose I only get WGN!

With two auto-outs in the lineup (Gonzalez, Uribe) I expect nothing from Pods. He is sandwiched in between two of the worst hitters and I don't think he'll see any pitches to hit.

Ugh I hate when Soxtalk freezes and posts my message 10 times, Sorry.