White Sox vs. Cubs, 6/24/07 (L)

The Bones

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 01:34 PM)
Well, even DJ then mentioned that Ozzie hasn't been that aggressive this year, so are you going to tell him to get off of Ozzie's back? Maybe it's just me, but Gonzalez saw 5 pitches with Pods on base, and nothing was put on.

Because DJ's word is the word of God now? Come on. You're trying to find any little reason to blame Ozzie for everything. You know it, everyone knows it. If we lose today, I find it hard to believe that we lost because we didn't try to steal or do a hit and run in the 1st inning. Jeez.

"Terrero has just enough room." As he catches it half a step on to the warning track.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 01:46 PM)
Because DJ's word is the word of God now? Come on. You're trying to find any little reason to blame Ozzie for everything. You know it, everyone knows it. If we lose today, I find it hard to believe that we lost because we didn't try to steal or do a hit and run in the 1st inning. Jeez.

He still has to try and do the best that he can with the pile of s*** roster he's been given.

This team struggles mightily to get on base -- you need to do everything you can to get them in when they do.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 06:46 PM)

GMAFB. All I was saying is that I'd like to see Ozzie be more aggressive in those few situations where we actually can be. When someone like DJ is criticizing Ozzie about something, then you know things are bad. You know why I blame Ozzie....cause this team sucks, and he's shown no ability to do anything to get things jump started again. Like my thread from two weeks ago, this would be the perfect time for Ozzie to step up and get things going in the right direction again.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 01:49 PM)
He still has to try and do the best that he can with the pile of s*** roster he's been given.

This team struggles mightily to get on base -- you need to do everything you can to get them in when they do.

So when we try a hit and run, and it's a strike-em-out, throw-em-out, then it's still Ozzie's fault. Come on now.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 01:50 PM)
GMAFB. All I was saying is that I'd like to see Ozzie be more aggressive in those few situations where we actually can be. When someone like DJ is criticizing Ozzie about something, then you know things are bad. You know why I blame Ozzie....cause this team sucks, and he's shown no ability to do anything to get things jump started again. Like my thread from two weeks ago, this would be the perfect time for Ozzie to step up and get things going in the right direction again.

This is a bad team. Face it. It's not Ozzie's fault that the hitters cant hit and the bullpen can't pitch.

I'm conflicted. This team is terrible and there's no way to blame Ozzie for it. But in this instance, it might've been best to have a hit and run. On the other hand, Podsednik+Gonzalez are such incapable ballplayers that that might've been a hit-and-run. Gonzalez did hit it to the right hand side, after all.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 06:52 PM)
So when we try a hit and run, and it's a strike-em-out, throw-em-out, then it's still Ozzie's fault. Come on now.

This is a bad team. Face it. It's not Ozzie's fault that the hitters cant hit and the bullpen can't pitch.

It was a double play either way...at least with the hit-and-run, we would have been trying to spice things up. These guys are so lethargic out there....even my bff Pods said that.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 06:52 PM)
I'm conflicted. This team is terrible and there's no way to blame Ozzie for it. But in this instance, it might've been best to have a hit and run. On the other hand, Podsednik+Gonzalez are such incapable ballplayers that that might've been a hit-and-run. Gonzalez did hit it to the right hand side, after all.

I think that's the closest you've ever come to agreeing with me about a strategical error by Ozzie. :P