Buehrle Fest

DBAHO

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 11:21 AM)
I am waiting for someone in the Sox camp or multiple media outlets to start reporting this. Levine...get off your ass and back it up. I'd be much more comfortable if that was the case.

Listening to 1000 for the past 10 minutes or so Silvy and Carmen haven't even mentioned it, the update mentioned the same ST article as they have all morning but if Buehrle has signed, it hasn't gotten anywhere near ESPN 1000.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 09:25 AM)
Alright my extreme joy as turned to total concern here...WTF. I know this may be dumb question but any chance KW does a sign and trade to get more for Buehrle?

Not at that value. I absolutely can't see him doing it.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 03:25 PM)
Alright my extreme joy as turned to total concern here...WTF. I know this may be dumb question but any chance KW does a sign and trade to get more for Buehrle?

Nope, not a chance in hell.

Holy guano batman! OMFG!! I can't believe this. 4/50 is inf***ingcredible!!! I was waiting to get my Buehrle Jersey to see if he re-signed, but now I'm gonna go get one(If this is true) Now Kenny needs to work on an extension for Jon and trade Jose. We have no need to trade our commodities for pitching, we need to trade them for position players, specifically middle infield and outfield. I do think that this signing is the end of Joe Crede as a member of the Sox. I might consider trading Masset if Floyd comes up and does a decent job, because IMO his future is in the rotation. However, I'd still trade Thome for some prospects at the positions, if he'd waive his NTC. We would need a LH power stick if we trade Jim.

EDIT: is this bulls***? I've not seen anything anywhere reporting this I'm starting to get kinda skeptical. I might call up the score tonight and ask WTF was with this and go apes*** on someone if it is false

Edited by southsida86

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 03:25 PM)
Listening to 1000 for the past 10 minutes or so Silvy and Carmen haven't even mentioned it, the update mentioned the same ST article as they have all morning but if Buehrle has signed, it hasn't gotten anywhere near ESPN 1000.

Mmmm, hmmmm.

Can I start the BS flinging party?

I just can't believe this at all. I hope I'm wrong.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 10:27 AM)
Mmmm, hmmmm.

Can I start the BS flinging party?

I just can't believe this at all. I hope I'm wrong.

Once again...

Whether the deal is done or nearly done is neither here nor there.

The REAL story out of all these reports is that the White Sox and Buehrle are once again sitting down and negotiating. That is the real story.

This is a postitive and must be intrepreted as such. Very encouraging

They don't do "sign and trades" in baseball, that's a basketball/football thing. In baseball you allow the team making the trade a 72 hour window to work out their own deal with the player. This way they can get the deal done anyway they please with incentive clauses, buyouts, options or anything else they may see fit.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 03:28 PM)
Once again...

Whether the deal is done or nearly done is neither here nor there.

The REAL story out of all these reports is that the White Sox and Buehrle are once again sitting down and negotiating. That is the real story.

This is a postitive and must be intrepreted as such. Very encouraging

You do have a good point there, either way.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 08:25 AM)

I guarantee you that if Buehrle signs he won't be getting traded.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 10:28 AM)
They don't do "sign and trades" in baseball, that's a basketball/football thing. In baseball you allow the team making the trade a 72 hour window to work out their own deal with the player. This way they can get the deal done anyway they please with incentive clauses, buyouts, options or anything else they may see fit.

Thanks for the clarification on this. I wasn't sure if they could or not.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 08:30 AM)
I guarantee you that if Buehrle signs he won't be getting traded.

The Cell would be burned to the ground if JR allowed that.

Edited by WCSox

The yrs on it sound good, the $$ sure doesn't. I expected MB to fetch at least 14 mil but then again, it's a difference of 1.5 mil so it all depends on how much Mark really needs for him and his family. 50 mil is a great start though :P