Buehrle Fest

DBAHO

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 12:12 PM)
Why in the world would he accept less than or the same that they gave Vazquez? He's their #1 guy.

I doubt Buehrle will be signing a deal worth a flat $50 over 4, there has to be other guaranteed money involved.

And since when is 3 years, $34.5M the same as 4 years $50M?

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 11:12 AM)
Why in the world would he accept less than or the same that they gave Vazquez? He's their #1 guy.

Do you want an answer even though it's not the same as what they gave Vaz...?

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 10:46 AM)
"heard" where? I really doubt the tarp sliding issue would be anything relevant. That sounds like a joke to me.

Yea, joke, sorry. I thought it was too obvious for green. I'm just pumped up at the great reports we are hearing. But seriously, let him slide on the tarp.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 11:14 AM)
There seems to be a certain source who's telling people that 4/50 is a possibility. I highly doubt someone with as many connections as Ken Rosenthal is reporting what he's hearing on the Score.

Rosenthal has scooped everyone in baseball over the past two years, but it sounds as though he was taken by surprise here. One thing, however, is that he is acknowledging it may be true, which is encouraging. Other rumors that come out, he either doesn't comment on them or denies their accuracy. The fact that he's jumping on this thing lends credence to its accuracy IMO.

In my very STRONG opinion, this is bulls*** - and not just the reported deal but that they are even talking at all right now - and I hope there is backlash.

I'd like to revise my opinion... no way in hell this is true.

Edited by Steff

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 12:20 PM)
In my very STRONG opinion, this is bulls*** - and not just the reported deal but that they are even talking at all right now - and I hope there is backlash.

Well according to ESPN 1000 Buehrle's agent says THERE HAVE BEEN NO NEW CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS BETWEEN HIS CLIENT AND THE WHITE SOX.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 11:22 AM)
Well according to ESPN 1000 Buehrle's agent says THERE HAVE BEEN NO NEW CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS BETWEEN HIS CLIENT AND THE WHITE SOX.

Imagine that.

Did Bruce or Bryan report it?

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 04:21 PM)
wasnt offman pulled off the baseball beat for making up BS?

I think it was due to the Maddux to the Yankees rumors that had started before he signed with the Cubs again, and Offman said he had confirmed them. In reality, Steinbrenner was trying to find the leak in his organization, and he started that rumor himself to see who would screw up.

nice job by the station that carries the white sox to totally botch this!!!

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 11:23 AM)
I think it was due to the Maddux to the Yankees rumors that had started before he signed with the Cubs again, and Offman said he had confirmed them. In reality, Steinbrenner was trying to find the leak in his organization, and he started that rumor himself to see who would screw up.

there is more than that, im sure

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 04:20 PM)

I'd like to revise my opinion... no way in hell this is true.

Might it be something started by the Sox and Buehrle's camp to try and show he would have been willing to take less money to stay here? In the end, KW will trade Buehrle and say the package was just to good to not do.

Unfortunately, with this rumor seemingly being BS, it's just another s***ty moment for Sox fans this year.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 11:21 AM)
If this is bulls***, someone's got to pay.

ESPN radio said exactly that, that it is bulls***. BTW the ESPN insider article said that Mark really wants to stay with the Sox, and that "going to any other team is a distant second choice"

Edited by southsida86

If this turns out to be false, and given the large number of people falling for it (not just WSCR), there is another possibility to consider here.

The Sox may have done this intentionally to expose the "source" - like a mole hunt. I wouldn't put it past KW. Just a thought.

Well Moiph is on congratulating sox fans, because sox fans calling the radio station talking about not renewing season ticket packages if Buerhle is traded is what did it.

Now AM1000(Kalapse said AM1000) is on he other radio station saying something else.

Talk about Polar opposites.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(southsida86 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 11:24 AM)
ESPN radio said exactly that, that it is bulls***. BTW the ESPN insider article said that Mark really wants to stay with the Sox, and that "going to any other team is a distant second choice"

Ouch, the Score should be getting KILLED by callers right now, this kills any credability that station had left

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 11:24 AM)
nice job by the station that carries the white sox to totally botch this!!!

there is more than that, im sure

They are a no class, no direction operation that thrives on tearing people down and BS for their "playlist"