Buehrle Fest

DBAHO

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 05:25 PM)
Both FoxSports and SI claim they have their own sources. If it were coming from Cowley, they would just say, "The Chi ST reports..." or something like that.

So now it's Cowley, 670, Rosenthal, and SI vs the Trib and AM 1000. And even the Trib is reporting about Hahn making a trip to Tampa.

Whatever's going on, I can't believe it's as simple as the quotes from Buehrle's agent made it sound.

the si.com report does mention cowley's article... but not directly saying that is what their sole source was

QUOTE(toasty @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 06:32 PM)
the si.com report does mention cowley's article... but not directly saying that is what their sole source was

Right, he mentions Cowley's piece, but the source is given as "People familiar with the situation..." A journalist would only write that if he has some way of knowing, himself, that the source is "familiar with the situation". If he's just reading the ST piece, he should credit that.

The only crediting of the ST article is this:

The Chicago Sun-Times reported on Wednesday morning that Buehrle has come off of the trade market. Chicago GM Ken Williams declined comment.

So he really should have independent sources for the rest of his info.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 05:37 PM)
According to Ed Farmer Mark Buehrle says "nothing is going on."

Did he mention anything about Prairie Dogs though?

No one initmately involved in the situation is going to say/hint anything even if there is activity...I will believe it if/when there is a press conference.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 05:39 PM)
Straight from the horses mouth. I'm going back to my regularly scheduled programming.

Same thing Bruce said hours ago... you owe him an apology. :nono

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 06:06 PM)
I had Ed Farmer in my update, which was cancelled out. You can't get more exciting than that.

I didn't see anything about Farmer when I changed it, perhaps it just didn't accept yours. It tends to do that.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 07:07 PM)
I didn't see anything about Farmer when I changed it, perhaps it just didn't accept yours. It tends to do that.

Nah, you just did it on an older refresh of PHT, so you never got to see mine. It was up for like 2 minutes before you destroyed all its awesomeness.

As I said hours ago, It's simply silly to believe 670 over 1000, and even sillier to believe 670 period. I don't care if they are our flagship, George Offman is about as to baseball breaking news what Shaq is to free throw shooting....odds are more likely than not he missed.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 06:12 PM)
Mark's statement doesn't mean much either. He wouldn't steal the press thunder.

There probably is something brewing, just not nearly as close as some have suggested.

Of course there is, but for The Score to report as they have today on the story is just stupid.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 06:20 PM)
So apparently Buehrle told Farmer that he's looking for $14M a year. Seems odd that he'd just mention a fact that during the broadcast as if it's nothing.

4-56 sure seems fair to me, I figured it would take 4-60 to keep him.