Balance

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you hear?

Mark Buehrle re-signed for 4 years. It must be true.

I heard it on the Score.

Let's go for 3 in a row!!!

:gosox1: :gosox4: :gosox3: :gosox2: :gosoxretro:

Edited by robinventura23

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 09:33 AM)
I don't know why I laugh so hard at that.

Three in a row - let's get some mo going.

I don't either, but it makes me laugh every time.

Sox 7

D-Rays 6

Speaking to no one in particular, I'll throw this out -- if Williams has no intention of signing Buehrle, he should have already been traded. I just hate to think what could happen to his value if, god forbid, he's injured; or begins a streak of giving up 4+ runs in several consecutive starts. Then whatever value he had in his walk-year would be diminished even further.

And yes, I realize he could injured any millions of ways living his life. However, if it were up to me and I knew Buehrle wouldn't sign with the White Sox, he'd already be in another uniform. There's no guarantee what will happen from this point forward. Only what Buehrle has already done; which is feast on National League opponents within the last month and heighten his value.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 05:38 PM)
Speaking to no one in particular, I'll throw this out -- if Williams has no intention of signing Buehrle, he should have already been traded. I just hate to think what could happen to his value if, god forbid, he's injured; or begins a streak of giving up 4+ runs in several consecutive starts. Then whatever value he had in his walk-year would be diminished even further.

And yes, I realize he could injured any millions of ways living his life. However, if it were up to me and I knew Buehrle wouldn't sign with the White Sox, he'd already be in another uniform. There's no guarantee what will happen from this point forward. Only what Buehrle has already done; which is feast on National League opponents within the last month and heighten his value.

Yes, but to be Devil's Advocate (I won't yell like Al Pacino, though), what if he throws another no-hitter? Or if he lowers his ERA to under 3? Then the Sox wouldn't have gotten enough. It'll happen or it won't happen. GO SOX!!!

:gosox1:

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 05:37 PM)
Good to know Citron can't pinch hit tonight.

Side note, should we see Gonzo at short and 2B some time? Those are his NATURAL positions and I suspect we will have openings there next year.

He has no business in center, that's for sure.