THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

RME JICO

Great game by Danks!

8IP, 4H, 1ER, 6Ks, and only 1 BB.

Gooch coming thru with a huge clutch hit, nice to see. Now we need some more.

Sox are now 5-1 on this road trip.

Edited by RME JICO

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Jun 30, 2007 -> 10:00 PM)
I'm really hoping for a Cleveland-like 2nd half because this first half has been a BEAR...
Anything is possible, but the bats really need to heat up. With Detroit's loss, we are 11GB from the WC. Not impossible, especially with all the games we have left vs Detroit.

I was just glad to see Danks have a very solid outing after he struggled to even pitch 6 innings over his last few starts.

Edited by RME JICO

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Jun 30, 2007 -> 09:03 PM)
Anything is possible, but the bats really need to heat up. With Detroit's loss, we are 11GB from the WC. Not impossible, especially with all the games we have left vs Detroit.

I was just glad to see Danks have a very solid outing after he struggled to even pitch 6 innings over his last few starts.

Tomorrow is a big game, but one we should win with Jon on the mound. Coming home off a 6-1 road trip should bring some level of excitement to the homestand, especially considering Mark will be scheduled to open the homestand. If we can get a win tomorrow, Monday becomes a huge game against Erik Bedard. If you get that one, I like the pitching matchups for the remainder of the Baltimore series. Come on guys, lets get the next two games. If you get those, you move to 7 back of .500 with some very winnable games ahead of you and finally, some momentum behind us. Yesterday would have been a nice one to get to keep the streak going, but we've got to take what we can get.

Let's make a push going into the ASB...

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Jun 30, 2007 -> 09:03 PM)
Anything is possible, but the bats really need to heat up. With Detroit's loss, we are 11GB from the WC. Not impossible, especially with all the games we have vs Detroit left.

Today's game did nothing to convince me of an offensive resurgence. Today's win did nothing to convince me a trade isn't necessary. We're bad. We're not winning anything this year. The sooner we realize this, the better.

The 2007 White Sox are not jumping seven teams to win the wild card. I hope everyone realizes we're three games from being the worst in the league.

If Buehrle isn't signing a contract extension he needs to leave immediately. Receive something for him now. Grant whichever team trades for him a window to work out an extended contract. Forget about 2007 and finally people the superfans to rest.

QUOTE(iamshack @ Jun 30, 2007 -> 09:12 PM)
Tomorrow is a big game, but one we should win with Jon on the mound. Coming home off a 6-1 road trip should bring some level of excitement to the homestand, especially considering Mark will be scheduled to open the homestand. If we can get a win tomorrow, Monday becomes a huge game against Erik Bedard. If you get that one, I like the pitching matchups for the remainder of the Baltimore series. Come on guys, lets get the next two games. If you get those, you move to 7 back of .500 with some very winnable games ahead of you and finally, some momentum behind us. Yesterday would have been a nice one to get to keep the streak going, but we've got to take what we can get.

Let's make a push going into the ASB...

It's over. Admit it.

So, we win the next two games and fall within 7 games of .500 -- what does it ultimately do but give people such as yourself false optimism? Haven't we had the last several months to know what this team can do? One more week won't do anything.

According to some, the stretch against the National League was an opportunity to climb back into the race. What happened? We slipped back further into Royals territory. They had the chance to rebound and BLEW IT. It's time to look towards the future. Enough waiting. If we wait one week, then it'll become two...then three...then four. Then afterwards we'll hear about all the division games remaining, as well as the second half resurgence of past teams.

If losses make Williams speed everything up, I'll cheer for it. I don't care if anyone calls me a bad fan. People can't let go of this season, and it's becoming quite sad.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 30, 2007 -> 09:12 PM)
Today's game did nothing to convince me of an offensive resurgence. Today's win did nothing to convince me a trade isn't necessary. We're bad. We're not winning anything this year. The sooner we realize this, the better.

The 2007 White Sox are not jumping seven teams to win the wild card. I hope everyone realizes we're three games from being the worst in the league.

If Buehrle isn't signing a contract extension he needs to leave immediately. Receive something for him now. Grant whichever team trades for him a window to work out an extended contract. Forget about 2007 and finally people the superfans to rest.

I think you've made your opinions here fairly clear. However, in regards to a trade, you simply keep reiterating that Kenny must get back several grade A prospects in return for the regulars and starter he deals- but you don't know what is being offered at this time- you don't know what his options are. Perhaps he isn't able to get the sort of package you claim he must get at the current time. Simply saying he must do this or he must do that, without knowing what, in reality, his options are currently, isn't any way to evaluate anything.

I'm sure he's evaluating his options, hoping to buy some time to get some guys who may have some value on a roll, as well as giving the team as long a chance as possible to get this turned around.

I agree with you for the most part- the chances of this year being anything other than forgettable are overwhelming at this point. But if Kenny is not getting the offers he wants at this point, there is little to be gained by trying to force certain players out. We've still got another month here- a month where hopefully some movable players will heat up and make themselves more valuable, and another 23 games or so to evaluate this team's needs for the next few years.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 30, 2007 -> 09:18 PM)
It's over. Admit it.

So, we win the next two games and fall within 7 games of .500 -- what does it ultimately do but give people such as yourself false optimism? Haven't we had the last several months to know what this team can do? One more week won't do anything.

According to some, the stretch against the National League was an opportunity to climb back into the race. What happened? We slipped back further into Royals territory. They had the chance to rebound and BLEW IT. It's time to look towards the future. Enough waiting. If we wait one week, then it'll become two...then three...then four. Then afterwards we'll hear about all the division games remaining, as well as the second half resurgence of past teams.

If losses make Williams speed everything up, I'll cheer for it. I don't care if anyone calls me a bad fan. People can't let go of this season, and it's becoming quite sad.

It probably is over. But I don't see much of a point in forcing a move now if we aren't getting the offers we are looking for. If some of the races tighten up, and more teams further identify possible weaknesses, our players may become more in demand. Hopefully, as things continue to return to the mean with Iguchi, and hopefully Jermaine if he can get on the field, our players increase their value a bit.

Regarding the 7 games back, if you can win tomorrow and beat Bedard Monday, you've got Cabrera/Trachsel/some piece of crap the following three games. I'm not trying to get ahead of myself too much here, but we do have some more winnable games ahead of us. You are correct in pointing out that we did blow our chance in June to get back in this thing, but I feel if we can get within 3-4 of .500 at the ASB, we still have a slight chance. Stop and consider the fact that we are historically a very solid first half team and a poor second half team. Perhaps we will buck the trend and get hot in the second half this year and climb back in this thing. There are plenty of games left. I'm not giving up hope until that trade deadline comes...

Edited by iamshack

Remember when we used to talk about the game in the post-game threads?

Yeah, those were the good times.....

Danks was awesome tonite, I think his stuff was really jumping all over the place and he was hitting his spots quite well. Gooch looks pretty good in the last week, as does Konerko. Thome just looks....off.

I will have to say, the bullpen has been decent on this roadtrip, especially Thornton. Its nice to see the Sox stick around in a tie game and win it late.

Too bad Danks couldn't get the win.

Another quality start by the Sox.

Amazing starting pitching this season.

Does Scotty Pods deserve any credit? It seems he's been playing pretty well since he returned.

Nice win, Sox.

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Jun 30, 2007 -> 09:21 PM)
What's so special about Tuesday? :huh The trade deadline is July 31st.

If you are living in an apartment, are you going to pay more for 2 months' rent or 3? Same type of concept, only on a bit more of an exponential level; the Sox can get a package of 3 players with like a top prospect and then two other smaller players, or, if lucky, 2 top prospects for him; if they wait until the deadline, they might get 1 top prospect for him, and it'd more likely be a low ceiling guy and 2 projects.

Great game by Danks tonight. His watching and talking to Mark Buehrle finally paid off as he worked quickly, and all over the strike zone, instead of trying to be perfect. I don't know if this was him turning the corner, but I liked what I saw.

The one big downer tonight for me was Josh Fields looking terrible at the plate. He still can't hit a fastball, and that scares me. 0-5 with 3Ks and 3 LOB is not very good. The one thing I really noticed with him is that he never swings at the first pitch, even though the pitchers always seem to groove him a fastball to get ahead in the count. As much as he Ks I would like to see him sacrifice his looking for walks, and be ready to swing right away. Heck he only has 6 walks in about 80 PA anyway, so its not like he is getting on at some awesome clip to make up for the terrible BA. On a side note, its funny how close to identical Joe Crede and Josh's stats are right now.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/stats/sort...amp;compare.y=4

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jun 30, 2007 -> 10:15 PM)
If you are living in an apartment, are you going to pay more for 2 months' rent or 3? Same type of concept, only on a bit more of an exponential level; the Sox can get a package of 3 players with like a top prospect and then two other smaller players, or, if lucky, 2 top prospects for him; if they wait until the deadline, they might get 1 top prospect for him, and it'd more likely be a low ceiling guy and 2 projects.

I understand all that, but to say Buehrle's fate should be decided by Tuesday at the latest is a stretch. If KW is not satisfied with whatever offer he's getting he certainly still has time to hold out for a better offer. He may get a couple of teams to bid against each other as the deadline approaches. Or a team may get desperate as the deadline nears and their other plans fall through. There are many scenarios too numerous to list here.

I'm sure KW has already been listening to offers for Mark and I'm sure they'd like to know what they are going to do one way or another as soon as possible. But to name an arbitrary date like this Tuesday as some sort of deadline is not accurate.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 30, 2007 -> 10:35 PM)
Great game by Danks tonight. His watching and talking to Mark Buehrle finally paid off as he worked quickly, and all over the strike zone, instead of trying to be perfect. I don't know if this was him turning the corner, but I liked what I saw.

The one big downer tonight for me was Josh Fields looking terrible at the plate. He still can't hit a fastball, and that scares me. 0-5 with 3Ks and 3 LOB is not very good. The one thing I really noticed with him is that he never swings at the first pitch, even though the pitchers always seem to groove him a fastball to get ahead in the count. As much as he Ks I would like to see him sacrifice his looking for walks, and be ready to swing right away. Heck he only has 6 walks in about 80 PA anyway, so its not like he is getting on at some awesome clip to make up for the terrible BA. On a side note, its funny how close to identical Joe Crede and Josh's stats are right now.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/stats/sort...amp;compare.y=4

DON'T WORRY. KW SAID THIS KID IS GONNA BE A STAR!!!

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jul 1, 2007 -> 12:47 AM)
I was ready to send Danks to Charlotte, but he really made me rethink that opinion. Great game by the rookie. Buerhle needs to stay with the Sox and I ain't ready to give up anything yet.

Why would you want to do that?!?! Danks has been a rock in all but a few starts. He keeps the team in the game

Sending Danks down would be absolutely retarded. I think you are forgetting about the 3-4 games that the bullpen blew his wins in and the fact that we are out of the race. He might as well learn here if he were doing poorly, which any avid fan can see he is not.

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 1, 2007 -> 04:33 PM)
Better now than never! :cheers

If these 2 games don't mean anything else, they at least illustrate that if you have top notch starting pitching and just a little help from the pen, even a ragtag triple A lineup can win some games. It is SO MUCH EASIER to upgrade your position players when you have a strong group of starting pitchers than visa versa...