• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 1, 2007 -> 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which charity is getting more money this year

White Sox charities or Pods? I'm sure he's a nice guy, but how can you count on him to stay healthy? Of course, KW knows better than anyone.

I saw some people suggesting to sign him to an incentive laden deal as if that's going to make him healthier. Cub fans said the exact same thing with Wood, the Cubs gave Wood an incentive laden deal and he still hasn't thrown a pitch for them.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jul 1, 2007 -> 02:38 PM)
You think Ichiro is going to ask for a NTC this offseason?

I don't know about that but two things I'm sure of are he's going to ask for a ton of money and he's going to want to play for a winner. So unless the Sox go on a tear for the rest of this year the other points are moot concerning the Sox and Ichiro.

Considering Ichiro's age, any team that would give him a full NTC for five years would be taking a huge risk.

Good day for Charlotte -- they're up 12-2 on Pawtucket.

Floyd battled command issues, only going five innings while walking six. He gave up two runs on three hits. Sweeney is 2-for-5 and Richar is 1-for-4 with a walk.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 1, 2007 -> 07:54 PM)
Probably the most idiotic thing continuously said on this site is that the contract we gave him is bad.

Almost as stupid as thinking Carlos Pena would be our first baseman in 2006.

Santo, I saw you post this elsewhere, but I'm on the Willie Harris at 2nd base bandwagon for the Sox next year. You find a guy who can hit lefties that can platoon with him, and you have a perfect #9 hitter for the squad. He wouldn't cost much, and you could use your resources on guys at other positions.

QUOTE(Chopper2Hopper @ Jul 1, 2007 -> 08:26 PM)
Garland cruising! Shame he may not even be on this team much longer. How does this team not see what it has?

Maybe they look at this offensive personnel and bullpen personnel and realize how far they are away from competing again?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 1, 2007 -> 03:28 PM)
Santo, I saw you post this elsewhere, but I'm on the Willie Harris at 2nd base bandwagon for the Sox next year. You find a guy who can hit lefties that can platoon with him, and you have a perfect #9 hitter for the squad. He wouldn't cost much, and you could use your resources on guys at other positions.

Maybe they look at this offensive personnel and bullpen personnel and realize how far they are away from competing again?

Trust me, I understand, I read all the topics, it's just a crying shame. Offense + bullpen - competent starters isn't going to equal winning either though. I'm having a hard time coming to terms is all.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 1, 2007 -> 03:37 PM)
Fitting, since Ozzie only nominated Jenks, Buehrle and Javier as our potential All-Stars.

Javier? Are you serious?

I guess he is quietly having a good year but he is no where near an all star

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 1, 2007 -> 01:37 PM)
Fitting, since Ozzie only nominated Jenks, Buehrle and Javier as our potential All-Stars.

Garland is our best pitcher. He should def be considered for the all star team..... Javier over Garland?? wow. Ozzie is really losing it

Edited by CYGarland