White Sox vs. Twins, Game 1 of DH, 7/06/07 (L)

BearSox

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JohnCangelosi @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 01:27 PM)
Hawk keeps saying this is a big series for us. Am I missing something?

junior_foghorn.jpg

I says, I says, another Duck Fart gets through for them der Piranha guys. If we take 3 of 4 we are just right dab nab in the thick of things. Now where was that pitch, I swear these umps have a bonifide conspiracy against the sox. They are jealous of our overall skill, good looks, and mental capacity. Dagnabbit, thats screaming line drive was caught by a Piranha. Their duck farts just get in, and our screaming line drives get caught. Thats the beauty of baseball. Al Kaline once said...now I got an email, yes an email from John in Elmhurst. Hawk and DJ, have you given up this year. Well John, no, because there is a lot of baseball left. Can we play .750 baseball the rest of the way. You gosh darn right we can. In fact, if I was a betting guy, I feel that they are about to go on a hot streak. If I was the Tigers and Indians I wouldnt give up on the pressure of looking at the sox in their rear view mirror. You think that they are saying, 12 games up we are safe. Hell no. They are afraid of our team. Afraid I says, of this team. Its a fine tuned machine. Its about to take names and kick ass.

NOW WHERE WAS THAT PITCH BLUE, BAKER GOT THAT PITCH. DAGGNABBIT. GOSH DARN IT.

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 01:33 PM)
We Need Joe Crede Next Year... and we need him healthy.

Yep, time to give up on Fields. He has played how many seasons so far? Clearly, he has established a bad track record :chair

QUOTE(vandy125 @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 11:36 AM)
Yep, time to give up on Fields. He has played how many seasons so far? Clearly, he has established a bad track record :chair

I'm just guessing, but I think he's suggesting while Fields bat might be ready for the majors, his glove is not.

QUOTE(vandy125 @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 01:36 PM)

Never said Fields Sucks... but I don't think he is even an average defensive third baseman.

Sure he can get better... but its tough to go from Gold Glove Caliber... to a young kid who struggles with routine plays. Flame away all you want, but I feel Fields' future is in the OF.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 01:39 PM)
I'm just guessing, but I think he's suggesting while Fields bat might be ready for the majors, his glove is not.

I'll bet that we get an absolute crapload of complaints about Fields' glove this year because we are all used to a defensive 3rd baseman of Crede's caliber. Fields just cannot do that. Who really can?

QUOTE(vandy125 @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 01:48 PM)
I'll bet that we get an absolute crapload of complaints about Fields' glove this year because we are all used to a defensive 3rd baseman of Crede's caliber. Fields just cannot do that. Who really can?

He actually got off to a pretty good start, but he's made a couple silly errors this week. But yeah, in terms of defense, your not going to replace Crede.

QUOTE(vandy125 @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 11:48 AM)

good point.

Hawk is so clearly over Jerry Owens. As am I. Damn that was a big run left at 3rd.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 01:56 PM)
I take it the main requirement, the only requirement to leading off for the White Sox is the ability to run. Getting on base has no place in the equation.

I don't mind Andy Gonzalez hitting leadoff. He's only hitting .250, but has been patient and has a .350 on base percentage. Shoot, I'd rather see Terrero, who has a .240 average and .360 on base hit leadoff. ON BASE PERCENTAGE MATTERS OZZIE, and those 2 aren't exactly slow.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 01:57 PM)
good point.

Hawk is so clearly over Jerry Owens. As am I. Damn that was a big run left at 3rd.

Well to be fair, that's on Toby. He had about 4 hangers he could have at least hit sac flies on that he fouled back. But still Owens is awful.

This is the worst I've seen Garland look since that game against Oakland last year at The Cell. Wow.