White Sox vs. Twins, Game 1 of DH, 7/06/07 (L)

BearSox

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 12:29 PM)
I'm not watching. How is he bad? Is he up in the zone? Missing his spots? Sinker not moving?

Plus he had a comebacker that would have got him out of the jam (a hard hit ball, but one Jon turns a DP on 9 out of 10 times) but he didn't cleanly field it and it turned into an infield single. I say that cause I think Jon is the best fielding pitcher in the AL.

I'm not sure how much it matters in terms of the result, but Garland has to be taken out after he gave the IBB to Hunter. At least maybe Masset can keep it 8 or 9 to 4 and we have an outside shot, and he can eat some innings. Now it's for sure over, and Garland was really left out there to die. Ah well, that is kinda a debateable point.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 03:32 PM)
I don't blame Ozzie much, but Jon should of been out of there awhile ago.

STFU Hawk.

No, Garland needed to have a good outing in case Floyd sucks tonight. Masset should have been saved to back him up but that obviously won't happen.

QUOTE(joesaiditstrue @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 12:32 PM)
i hope this post doesn't go unnoticed, as i'm really curious

what is wrong with jon today? seriously

is he tipping his pitches as well as simply not getting his other pitches over for strikes?

something is clearly different today

Just not his day. When you rely on control and mixing your pitches you are going to have those days where you just get smacked around. It happens more so with sinker type pitchers because they are taught to pitch to the contact and when they just don't have the command they are gonna be in trouble because they don't have the upper 90's stuff or the ridiculous hook to semi get away with things.

Jon just has to forget about this one cause he's been superb all season long.

Man I just logged on ands wish I hadn't. The web site says " Garland getting run support" and when I click on to game day the Twinkies are the 1927 Yankees versus Garland. For crying out loud. As posted earlier it is so good to see we stepped up for the big series. I hope this isn't setting the tone for the rest of the year.

Well Masset should get an opportunity to pitch the rest of this game like a start. So he gets to burn some innings, and show off what he has. Floyd gets to pitch tonight. The sugar coating is the ability to see these prospects in starts/or start like baseball.

QUOTE(G&T @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 12:35 PM)
No, Garland needed to have a good outing in case Floyd sucks tonight. Masset should have been saved to back him up but that obviously won't happen.

Hawk did need to shut up, he was saying how this is a bigger series for the Sox than the Twins. Thats just BS, because the Twins are actually playing for something. The only series this is big for on the Sox is the guys that are potentially going to get dealt and the youngsters because I want the youngsters to play well and the guys that are about to be traded to play as good as possible to increase trade value.

That was the worst outing I've ever seen Garland have, which is saying a lot. That grand slam is all the more impressive because it was hit through a very strong wind which had already knocked down 3 certain home runs today. Just a combination of every pitch being down the middle, and the fact that the normally great fielding Jon cost himself an extra 5 runs by booting a pair of easy double plays.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 07:32 PM)
This team is SO f***ing hard to watch this year.

Farmio said before the game that he was experiencing some shoulder tightness. And Ozzie leaves him in there to rot. Idiot.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 02:35 PM)
One of the worst seasons in my 30+ years of being a fan of this franchise. I can't remember a season this horrid.

56-106 in 1970. I wasnt around but i'm guessing that was a bad year.

Well considering Ozzie had a closed door meeting today before the game with KW telling him how he think they still have a run in them, and that he still thinks this team can compete and get back in the playoff race, i hope today he realizes that the little run we had was against s*** teams. I hope Ozzie will finally realize that this team ain't go nowhere. It cannot play with superior teams. Today is a perfect example. Our defense is terrible, and having Owens and Uribe 1 and 2 is a joke. Wake up Ozzie this team is DONE!!!!!!!!!! Rebuild it!!!!

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 01:31 PM)
So we have reports from the Trib that Buerhle is cleaning out his locker today. And now we have one of his friends pitching like s***. You wonder how much of this crap wears on the players when trade rumors are like blood in the water.

I hadnt heard anything about this. Could you expand at all on it?

But, if true its not surprising b/c Jon and MB are very close and they pretty much have been in Chicago together most of their careers

I am bewlidered as to why he left Jon in after the error and IBB. I can see you trying to stretch him since it's a doubleheader and close before that, but the grand slam could be seen coming from a mile away after the error and 4 wide to Hunter.

And Hawk is this into this series because he knows damn well if we lose 3 of 4 or get swept by the Twins, at home, going into the break.....the firesale is sealed, delivered, and imminent. Just my opinion, but that's my hypothesis.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 02:41 PM)
Hey Kids.

Tell me Gameday is screwed up. We can't be down 12-4 in the 4th??!!

:angry: :angry:

Dont worry we are only a

bloop, bloop, bloop, blast and a bloop, bloop, bloop and a blast away from tieing this thing.

QUOTE(ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 02:41 PM)
I hadnt heard anything about this. Could you expand at all on it?

But, if true its not surprising b/c Jon and MB are very close and they pretty much have been in Chicago together most of their careers

Buerhle packing up his stuff

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 03:36 PM)
Hawk did need to shut up, he was saying how this is a bigger series for the Sox than the Twins. Thats just BS, because the Twins are actually playing for something. The only series this is big for on the Sox is the guys that are potentially going to get dealt and the youngsters because I want the youngsters to play well and the guys that are about to be traded to play as good as possible to increase trade value.

Well that's fine, but I don't see why Ozzie should be blamed when Garland has a terrible outing and it's best to keep the pen ready for tonight's game with Floyd pitching.