White Sox vs. Twins, Game 1 of DH, 7/06/07 (L)

BearSox

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 02:44 PM)
FLoyd is gonna make us forget this awful outing with 7 inning masterpiece tonight.

Floyd has all the tools. He has an electric fastball, a pretty damn good curve, he has added a slider this year, and he has a decent change. The one thing this kid hasnt had is confidence, and cockiness and an ability to throw strikes.

The talent is there, if he harnesses the talent the Garcia trade is a blatant theft.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 12:39 PM)
I am planning on seeing whether our cable company here lets you pay for one game in the MLB Extra Innings

They won't. YOu can just buy one game on mlb.tv though. Or at least I think you can.

QUOTE(ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 12:41 PM)
I hadnt heard anything about this. Could you expand at all on it?

But, if true its not surprising b/c Jon and MB are very close and they pretty much have been in Chicago together most of their careers

Its in the Tribune's blog but Buehrle didn't say it necessarily meant he was out the door...rather he doesn't know what will happen and he wanted to get things cleaned out just in case.

QUOTE(G&T @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 12:43 PM)
Well that's fine, but I don't see why Ozzie should be blamed when Garland has a terrible outing and it's best to keep the pen ready for tonight's game with Floyd pitching.

I never blamed Ozzie. I just said Jon didn't have it, plain and simple.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 03:46 PM)
They won't. YOu can just buy one game on mlb.tv though. Or at least I think you can.

You're right about Extra Innings (if only I could sell back all the cr@ppy games this year :) ), but I though you had to buy mlbtv by the month.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 12:48 PM)
You're right about Extra Innings (if only I could sell back all the cr@ppy games this year :) ), but I though you had to buy mlbtv by the month.

That may be it, but I think thats only like 8 or 9 bucks a month which isn't horrible.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 02:48 PM)

Yeah you could debate whether he should have brought in Masset to face Kubel, as 8-4 is still reasonable and that Grand Slam seemed inevitable if Jon was left in, but this is on Jon realistically. If he just fields his position like usualy, it's only 7-4 right now too, as bad as he was.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 02:47 PM)
Its in the Tribune's blog but Buehrle didn't say it necessarily meant he was out the door...rather he doesn't know what will happen and he wanted to get things cleaned out just in case.

Well Buerhle hasn't blinked so far. To me, the cleaning out of the locker, is a blatant move in the public court of opinion. This serves no purpose but to get into the writers hands. It has more of an effect on the teammates, and the fans than it does on Buerhle or KWs intentions.

Garland just didn't have it today. I think all this Mn s*** and trade speculation is getting to these guy a little. MB said last night that he is getting tired of the rumors and everything. I wish KW would just make a decision either way and bring it to an end. This is getting to be a big distraction.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 12:49 PM)
Yeah you could debate whether he should have brought in Masset to face Kubel, as 8-4 is still reasonable and that Grand Slam seemed inevitable if Jon was left in, but this is on Jon realistically. If he just fields his position like usualy, it's only 7-4 right now too, as bad as he was.

He was still horrid, but you are right...if he makes those plays it wouldn't have been as bad, just like if the defense stepped up earlier you may have had a run or two less. Still, in the end, Jon got hit hard. And the Twins are continuing to hit up even after Jon is out.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 02:51 PM)
He was still horrid, but you are right...if he makes those plays it wouldn't have been as bad, just like if the defense stepped up earlier you may have had a run or two less. Still, in the end, Jon got hit hard. And the Twins are continuing to hit up even after Jon is out.

Well of course they are still hitting, Jon got them into a rhythm they might not get out of all weekend. ;)

But yeah, that is the worst I've seen Garland pitch in over a year. Maybe longer.

ANOTHER free run. Wow.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 03:48 PM)

Yeah, but the post I originally responded to did seem to blame Ozzie. But that was pages ago now.