White Sox vs. Twins, Game 1 of DH, 7/06/07 (L)

BearSox

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing that drives me even more nuts is you waste a day like this on defense and the mound against a guy like Johan. Baker is SO awful, you know your going to score and should get a win against him.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 04:12 PM)
It took us until the 6th, but that's their first inning not scoring a run.

If we can just hold them down the rest of the way and hit 2 grand slams, we've got this thing.

I think we can grind our way to 8 runs for the victory.

RBI groundout for Juan, 14-8. For some reason I refuse to believe this game is for sure over with as strange as it's been. Also, I was at the game on the 4th and thought I couldn't possibly have seen an uglier game.....but today's game is proving that statement to be false.

Off topic this is from Ken Rosenthal:

The stalemate in the White Sox's negotiations with left-hander Mark Buehrle is fueling industry speculation that Sox general manager Ken Williams will soon trade the pitcher.

"I get that sense from talking to people and from the (White Sox's) response to us, but it's hard to tell — Kenny loves disinformation," says an executive from an interested club.

Another executive flatly predicts a trade, saying White Sox owner Jerry Reinsdorf won't give in to Buehrle's desire for a full no-trade clause — and that Buehrle is just as stubborn.

And this from Jayson Stark ESPN Insider

Jul 6 - According to ESPN.com's Jayson Stark, the White Sox are reportedly marketing Buehrle aggressively, but teams are balking at the price -- three players with two being prime-time prospects. Stark is also hearing that Boston might be getting back in on Buehrle and trying to expand the deal to include Julio Lugo.