White Sox vs. Twins, Game 1 of DH, 7/06/07 (L)

BearSox

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 03:36 PM)
I'm hoping they get to 20 so that i'll be right, and might as well go for the gusto if your going to embarass yourself. When's the last time we gave up 20 in a game (or even 17?)

Well, last year there was that 15-11 debacle at Wrigley.

17 runs? June 19th 2004. Arnie Munoz gets his ass handed to him in Montreal, Sox lose 17-14.

18 runs? May 16th 2003. Buehrle gives up 10 runs in 3.1 IP in Minnesota. Sox lose 18-3.

19 runs? May 10th 2002. Dan Wright, Matt Ginter and Mike Porzio allow a combined 19 runs in Anaheim while Scott Scho and Matt Wise blank the Sox.

20 runs? April 2nd 1998. Sirotka, Carlos Castillo, Todd Rizzo and Tom Fordham get dismantled at Texas in only the second game of the year. Rizzo allowed 6 ER in 0 IP.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(29thandPoplar @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 03:46 PM)
Thanks for posting this, interesting info.

It's all speculation anyways but Stark generally has his ear to the ground. None of these people have the true scoop but Stark is one of the better ones.

It also said in the article St. Louis is an option for MB with Reyes being the main guy we would get back. Take it for what it's worth. like you said it's all speculation. I also saw this on another site but not sure where it is from:

White Sox LHP Buehrle plays games with reporters

CHICAGO (TICKER) -- Mark Buehrle was still a Chicago White Sox pitcher on Friday afternoon despite being seen cleaning out his locker prior to the start of a doubleheader against the Minnesota Twins. Buehrle was apparently playing a joke on reporters by packing up his belongings with the White Sox, insisting he was not being traded and is still scheduled to pitch on Saturday.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 03:48 PM)

17 runs? June 19th 2004. Arnie Munoz gets his ass handed to him in Montreal, Sox lose 17-14.

18 runs? May 16th 2003. Buehrle gives up 10 runs in 3.1 IP in Minnesota. Sox lose 18-3.

19 runs? May 10th 2002. Dan Wright, Matt Ginter and Mike Porzio allow a combined 19 runs in Anaheim while Scott Scho and Matt Wise blank the Sox.

20 runs? April 2nd 1998. Sirotka, Carlos Castillo, Todd Rizzo and Tom Fordham get dismantled at Texas in only the second game of the year. Rizzo allowed 6 ER in 0 IP.

Heh, fatty.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 03:48 PM)

I figured the Arnie Munoz game was in there somewhere, and I also remembered the opening series 1998 game, but damn I didn't realize it was 20. I seem to have, through selective memory, forgotten the 18 and 19 run games.

EDIT: It's only 18-10, I lost track here.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 03:50 PM)
Has Josh had a homerun yet that hasn't been a high fly ball that drifts out?

The Pittsburgh one was into the upper deck, and I personally thought the one he just hit was a pretty much no doubter. But your right other than that.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 01:52 PM)
Imagine how the Twins feel. They explode for 18 runs, and the way things are working maybe we can get their back end of the pen up and into this game.

They're winning. I'm sure they really feel rather fine.

QUOTE(diegotony06 @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 04:49 PM)
It also said in the article St. Louis is an option for MB with Reyes being the main guy we would get back. Take it for what it's worth. like you said it's all speculation. I also saw this on another site but not sure where it is from:

In my personal opinion I think Buehrle will be dealt to St.Louis if anywhere. The Cards know they probably could resign him. Trouble is, the Cards don't have a lot in their system and Reyes -while being a fine prospect at one time- is starting to look like trouble.

I would take Reyes, but Colby Rasmus has to be one of the other TWO prospects we get back. Don't know the 2nd guy I'd want, but yes....Rasmus and Reyes is a solid starting point.

Edited by kwolf68

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 03:55 PM)
In my personal opinion I think Buehrle will be dealt to St.Louis if anywhere. The Cards know they probably could resign him. Trouble is, the Cards don't have a lot in their system and Reyes -while being a fine prospect at one time- is starting to look like trouble.

I would take Reyes, but Colby Rasmus has to be one of the other TWO prospects we get back. Don't know the 2nd guy I'd want, but yes....Rasmus and Reyes is a solid starting point.

Reyes has been getting absolutely rocked this year. I don't want anything to do with him. But who knows, maybe Coop can fix him.

Today should be it. This is enough, already. If Buehrle is signed to an extension, I expect Garland to be moved, today nonwithstanding.

I've explained this before, so no one can accuse me of being reactionary. Our farm system is almost completely void of talented positional players. Dye or Contreras won't bring anyone who has experienced sustained success in the minors. Garland should.

Anyways, if Garland remains we're in the same contract problems next season as now with Buehrle. Does anyone believe we're devote 11 million to Vazquez, 14+million to Buehrle, and 12+million to Garland, considering our payroll may decrease steadily over the next several seasons. Devoting such a large sum to those three doesn't seem practical in my mind. Especially when you consider the presence of Gonzalez, Egbert, Floyd.

QUOTE(diegotony06 @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 01:57 PM)
Reyes has been getting absolutely rocked this year. I don't want anything to do with him. But who knows, maybe Coop can fix him.

Reyes is a horrible idea. Rasmus sure, but I really don't know what the hell else the Cards have to offer. There system is absolutely HORRID.