White Sox vs. Twins, Game 1 of DH, 7/06/07 (L)

BearSox

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When's the last time we gave up 21? I doubt we throw a scoreless 9th so i'd come in handy.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 04:11 PM)
I've gone back as far as 1978 and I still haven't found a time where the Sox have allowed 21+ runs in a single game.

Wow.

it's really bad for the crappy teams because we can't really have a fire sale until the trade deadline gets closer. atleast that's the theory if you want a nice return on what you trade away. it just means a couple more weeks of misery...

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 04:11 PM)
One thing Farmer has said over and over today, and its true. Not one of the Twins players have hit the deck. They have basically sat in there and teed off on our pitching all day long.

Well we did score 10...I can see them not laying down. On the other had if they were bunting and stealing I might say WTF??

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 04:07 PM)
Can we now put the "there still is a chance" theme to rest. The season was over a long time ago. KW needs to start moving players and making deals.

Why don't you become an Tigers fan, then?

Anyone who has given up is not a fan. Period.

Look at the schedule. We can EASILY make up 13 games in the division and 12 in the wildcard. There are plenty of divisional games left. We'd only need to play .750 baseball the remainder of the second half.

:D

QUOTE(diegotony06 @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a bad feeling Gavin is gonna get lit up tonight.

What i found kind of humorous was how in the paper Floyd and everyone was talking about how well he's pitching and "how it's clicked for the first time in 3 years." It doesn't matter if he's been lights out in AAA because until he proves he's not a bust in the big leagues, it's just more hype for Gavin Floyd who has had a ton of it in his career.

Edited by DonnyDevito

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 02:11 PM)
One thing Farmer has said over and over today, and its true. Not one of the Twins players have hit the deck. They have basically sat in there and teed off on our pitching all day long.

it's a shame, but in this day and age that just doesn't seem to fly anymore.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 04:13 PM)
Why don't you become an Tigers fan, then?

Anyone who has given up is not a fan. Period.

Look at the schedule. We can EASILY make up 13 games in the division and 12 in the wildcard. There are plenty of divisional games left. We'd only need to play .750 baseball the remainder of the second half.

:D

What do you say about my Egbert to the pen idea? :P I mean f***, god forbid he spoils our tremendous pen that includes Ryan Bukvich, Nick Masset and Dewon Day.

Prediction for scores of second game,

I am going twins 3, Sox 1...the twins have to be a bit tired from running so many bases during the day.

..Toby Hall is Karcovice without as solid of D-Fence...

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 02:15 PM)
What do you say about my Egbert to the pen idea? :P I mean f***, god forbid he spoils our tremendous pen that includes Ryan Bukvich, Nick Masset and Dewon Day.

I think the theory is you want to keep prospects pitching regularly and learning, etc. That being said, I really wouldn't mind seeing some of these people like Egbert, etc up here pitching.