Official Recruiting Thread II

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 23, 2007 -> 11:06 PM)
Rowand, what do I need to know about this Josh Crittle that Marquette and SIU (and Oregon, too) appear to be battling over? MU and SIU also appear to be entangled over Bobby Capobianco, a 2009 recruit...

Oregon is definitely in the mix for Crittle but I think it's going to come down to MU or SIU. Marquette has been the leader for quite some time now but SIU already has a verbal from one of his AAU teammates(Dillard) and JC and Lowery appear to have a pretty nice relationship as well(most of our recruits do, hence why Chris is such a great recruiter). Crittle has a few more visits set up in the upcoming weeks and then we should hear something, like I said, I'd bet on MU or SIU. We have two scholarships left and basically are basically going after 3 players it seems(Crittle, Kuric and Roundtree) and Josh is the one I really want. First off he's another big and I think he'd absolutely thrive playing under Lowery. I think he'd make the most impact out of any of the players in our 08 class including Anthony Booker.

As for Capobianco, he just kind of popped up on our radar so I don't know a ton about him as far as what he's leaning towards, visits, etc as of now.

I don't know how old this is, but the Morris twins from Philly de-committed from Memphis. He along with Jennings backing out from his verbal from Maryland last week puts some interesting names back on the market. Funny how the outrage isn't anywhere near the Eric Gordan hatred for his change of heart.

I'm not sure how this effects East Chicago big man Angel Garcia who committed to the Tigers earlier this month. Angel is 6'11 but will spend most of his time on the perimeter, so the Morris boys would have been nice big bodies to team up with with him next year.

QUOTE(JuiceCruz16 @ Sep 26, 2007 -> 01:48 PM)
I don't know how old this is, but the Morris twins from Philly de-committed from Memphis. He along with Jennings backing out from his verbal from Maryland last week puts some interesting names back on the market. Funny how the outrage isn't anywhere near the Eric Gordan hatred for his change of heart.

i don't think it's funny at all. this is a white sox message board that has a fair amount of illinois and indiana fans. it stands to reason that just due to the amount of fans on either side, the debate would have a more of a shelf life here.

since there aren't many (any?) memphis fans here, where do you expect the outrage to come from?

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Sep 26, 2007 -> 09:49 AM)
i don't think it's funny at all. this is a white sox message board that has a fair amount of illinois and indiana fans. it stands to reason that just due to the amount of fans on either side, the debate would have a more of a shelf life here.

since there aren't many (any?) memphis fans here, where do you expect the outrage to come from?

I'm not just talking about this message board. I'm talking about the overall uproar across the board by EJ's decision. He was ripped everywhere and anywhere possible and is still seen as a "turncoat" even to the point of death threats and whined about at many sites. These kids are seen as guys who have had second thoughts. IU and Duke are the only teams I detest so this observation is not coming from a fan of either team that was involved with EJ and his choice. I just still see it as "funny" the treatment that EJ got and is still getting by many.

QUOTE(JuiceCruz16 @ Sep 26, 2007 -> 03:19 PM)
I'm not just talking about this message board. I'm talking about the overall uproar across the board by EJ's decision. He was ripped everywhere and anywhere possible and is still seen as a "turncoat" even to the point of death threats and whined about at many sites. These kids are seen as guys who have had second thoughts. IU and Duke are the only teams I detest so this observation is not coming from a fan of either team that was involved with EJ and his choice. I just still see it as "funny" the treatment that EJ got and is still getting by many.

there's no need to get in a rehash of this situation because it's done. one fanbase was pissed, another was ecstatic, and the coach of one of the teams admitted himself the situation could have been handled better. but it's over, and going over it again and again is worthless.

fwiw, eric gordon himself said there were never any death threats. that was a myth.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 28, 2007 -> 04:48 PM)
Kuric down to SIU and Louisville. Cmon, make the right choice, Kyle.

I want this to happen sooo bad! If we get Kuric does that mean we can't get Roundtree? How many scholarships do we have left for the 08 class because "the grid" only says we have 1? I really like Kuric, but i really like Roundtree! I'm torn, i want both!

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Sep 28, 2007 -> 05:43 PM)
I want this to happen sooo bad! If we get Kuric does that mean we can't get Roundtree? How many scholarships do we have left for the 08 class because "the grid" only says we have 1? I really like Kuric, but i really like Roundtree! I'm torn, i want both!

We most likely have 2 as Cornelius will probably be gone next season.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 28, 2007 -> 05:53 PM)
We most likely have 2 as Cornelius will probably be gone next season.

Damn, if i'm Roundtree, i'm kicking myself for that decommitment because we are recruiting Crittle really hard also! In your opinion, who do you like better, Kuric or Roundtree? For me it's Roundtree, but it seems for everyone else it's Kuric!

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Sep 28, 2007 -> 06:01 PM)
Damn, if i'm Roundtree, i'm kicking myself for that decommitment because we are recruiting Crittle really hard also! In your opinion, who do you like better, Kuric or Roundtree? For me it's Roundtree, but it seems for everyone else it's Kuric!

That's a tough one for me. Kuric has such a special skill set but Torres is a much tougher defender. Right now, I'd take either, Crittle is the guy I really, really want.

Edited by Rowand44