Official Recruiting Thread II

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Oct 31, 2007 -> 09:13 PM)
The Morris twins pick the Jayhawks!!!!!

Nice get for Kansas. I can't recall the name of the better twin, but one is clearly better at this point then the other. Memphis lost them after they verballed, and their top recruit Angel Garcia looks extremly shakey to be actually going there due to grades. Junior College is becoming a real possability for Angel. Well congrats to the Jayhawks, and good luck in regrouping for the Tigers.

Edited by JuiceCruz16

Morgan commits to LSU

Williams is suppose to announce today at 4p.m., but I've heard he has decided on Duke, maybe he notified the coaches at Tennesee, Memphis, and Virgina already.

I see now he let the cat out of the bag after his practice on Halloween. Big get for Coach K. after a tough year on the recruiting trail for him.

Edited by JuiceCruz16

QUOTE(farmteam @ Nov 2, 2007 -> 03:37 PM)
Apparently Zeller will announce on Monday.

http://blogs.heraldtimesonline.com/iusp/

ND has never really been in it with the other 3.

He said he was interested in waiting to see what, if anything happened with IU and the NCAA; but he's obviously not waiting, which would lead one to believe it's between UNC and Purdue.

Other than the fact he really likes Purdue's Industrial Management program and is familiar with the Freshman and LewJack, you'd have to think he take UNC over Purdue 10 out 10 times.

FSU picked up its 3rd commitment today in Deividas Dulkys. It is the Noles 3rd four star prospect in the Top 100 of Rivals rankings. Hopefully on November 14th will pick up Singleton (although I'd be crazy to think that he's not going to Kentucky) and make this another great class for Coach Ham.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 7, 2007 -> 12:04 AM)
Leshoure's position next year will depend on whether the Illini get any more RB's in this class as well as if Mendenhall stays or not (I think he's gone personally).

I wouldn't say that just yet. His brother, Walter is going to be around for another year and they are best friends. Ya never know.

http://highschoolsports.suntimes.com/64065...7thomas.article

Tommie Thomas to Illinois assuming he has the academics, and it sounds good in that article. I have seen him play in person a few times, and he reminds me of a bigger version of former Northwestern standout CB Marquice Cole (saw him play in HS too). Tommie is very fast, very versatile, clutch, and a smart player. I hope he qualifies because that is a very nice get.

Blaine Gabbert, rated the 3rd best pro style QB by Rivals, #6 QB by ESPN, #4 QB by scout.com, committed to Mizzou today. He originally committed to Nebraska, but doesn't think Callahan is gonna be there so he is staying in state. He is supposed to have an absolute cannon. Hopefully he lives up to the hype and can step in for Daniel after he is gone.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Nov 13, 2007 -> 10:29 PM)
I think this is the first time Wisconsin has ever had any real national recognition for recruiting.

Going to be nice to see Bo Ryan with higher level talent.

The 2003 class had Brian Butch, a consensus top 10 5 star recruit nationally and Mcd's All-America, as well as Kammron Taylor, who was a Rivals 150 and turned out pretty well (plus Morley was a decent JUCO) and the 2005 class had Krabbenhoft, who was a 5 star recruit as well as Landry, who was highly regarded. Then you get to 2006, which had three Rivals 150 players and was ranked #25 in the nation by rivals with Bohanon, Gavinski, and Hughes. Last years class had a pair of top 100 4 star recruits as well as 2 solid guys in Perry and Jarmusz, and now this year. Ryan recruits WAY better than people realize, he is a great coach but he gets his talent too.

I was just going off the fact that Rivals didnt ever rate us preseason high.

I looked back and was surprised that according to Rivals:

2003 not in top 25

2004 not in top 25 (not even in considered section)

2005 not in top 25

2006 25th

Hence why I said "Its the first time Wisconsin is getting national recognition" because it will be the first time ever Wisconsin has appeared in back to back years.

And they arent even top 25 this year, they are lucky it was added to 30.

I more meant that Wisconsin players get really under valued because they are not signing with what many scouts consider a premier program, or program that gets sexy players.

But I still stand by the fact that Bo has much more talent now than he did even 2 years ago. The depth is amazing compared to where it was. I mean they have a Mr. Iowa on the bench, that was unimaginable 2-3 years ago.