Official Recruiting Thread II

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 21, 2008 -> 10:59 AM)
De La Salle is 2A correct?

With North Lawndale 3A now, De La Salle should win state easily.

Is Peoria Manual still 2A? They are a very good team and actually beat North Lawndale last weekend in a rematch of last years 2A state title game. If both those teams are 2A I would bet heavily that they would be in the finals.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 21, 2008 -> 10:13 AM)
Is Peoria Manual still 2A? They are a very good team and actually beat North Lawndale last weekend in a rematch of last years 2A state title game. If both those teams are 2A I would bet heavily that they would be in the finals.

Manual is 2A, Lawndale is 3A.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 21, 2008 -> 03:57 PM)
Crap, that post was worded horribly. Meant to imply that I think De La Salle and Manual will be in the title game if they are both in 2A.

Depends on the pairings in Peoria. They could face in the semis which would be a shame since they should be in the title game.

Manual is undefeated, beat Lawndale, and isn't seeded at Pontiac. That is how good that tournament is this year.

For you Southern Illinois fans...

I just found out one of your basketball signees, Drew Barham, goes to my old high school. From what I've heard, he's the best player to come out of my high school in a long time, and while we have never been a powerhouse or anything, my high school is always pretty good. Been to the state championship 3 of the last 7 years, but lost every time - twice to Brendan Wright's high school team.

That said, I don't know too much about him... Have yall heard anything good? What kind of player do you see him being?

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 22, 2008 -> 05:11 PM)
For you Southern Illinois fans...

I just found out one of your basketball signees, Drew Barham, goes to my old high school. From what I've heard, he's the best player to come out of my high school in a long time, and while we have never been a powerhouse or anything, my high school is always pretty good. Been to the state championship 3 of the last 7 years, but lost every time - twice to Brendan Wright's high school team.

That said, I don't know too much about him... Have yall heard anything good? What kind of player do you see him being?

I know he is 6'6 and can drain from outside.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 27, 2008 -> 09:21 PM)
Watching the 1st quarter, and he needs to lose some weight to be a shooting guard in the major college ball.

He has bad genes. He is deceptively overweight though. I thought the same thing but when you see him in person and up close, he isn't very overweight at all.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 27, 2008 -> 09:59 PM)
Smith reminds me of Gary Bell of Joliet fame. I was excited to see Smith on tv after reading some of the posts on here, but I've been extremely disappointed in him. I'll hold out hope that he'll still haunt the Illini.

Good thing college coaches don't determine what a kid is after 1 half of a game where he has the flu.

Traversa, the guard for St. Patricks, decent player but has a GPA of 1.4.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 28, 2008 -> 04:03 AM)
Good thing college coaches don't determine what a kid is after 1 half of a game where he has the flu.

Traversa, the guard for St. Patricks, decent player but has a GPA of 1.4.

He's an amazing passer. That's crazy that his GPA is so bad. As for Smith, I just don't see how his game translates to college ball at this time. He just lowers his head and runs into people in the lane.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 27, 2008 -> 10:07 PM)
He's an amazing passer. That's crazy that his GPA is so bad. As for Smith, I just don't see how his game translates to college ball at this time. He just lowers his head and runs into people in the lane.

He picked the right game to make me look bad, but believe me, I see the kid play about 15 times a year. He is one of the best in state when he is on. He looks so out of it tonight though. Not even getting rebounds like he usually does.

Brandon Paul and Warren won the Pontiac Holidya Tournament. Paul had 31 in the title game and should of been the tournament MVP. He will have no trouble scoing but his defense has really improved since last year. Warren is a team playing very well right now.

Jereme Richmond should of made the all tournament team, but only got honorable mention as Waukegan underachieved at Pontiac. Peoria Manual got in his head a bit and a weak technical was called on Richmond when the refs should of seen what Manual was doing. A lot of people in the stands saw the immaturity of Jereme when his team lost and they soured on him. None the less, he had a good tournament, even hitting some mid range jumpers which he really hasn't done all year. Richmond is having a so much better year than last year and as long as he keeps his head on straight, he'll be fine. Saw glimpses of Richmond from last year with his attitude when his team got into some trouble.

Went to watch the CPS Holiday Classic at DePaul yesterday. I watched Foreman dismantle Curie. The Foreman guards were impressive and Blackshear was a nonfactor. Farragut vs. Simeon was a close-fought game. Two games was enough for me, and tonight's final will be on channel 23.