Official Recruiting Thread II

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JuiceCruz16 @ May 12, 2010 -> 04:02 PM)
The Jack kid replacing one of the Wear twins looks pretty good even with Kentucky coming hard after him now as well. I've heard that the Heels may give a senior transfer from Alabama named Knox the other spot. He graduated already in 3 years, so he would not have to sit out a year, and the Heels would be only locked into him for this year as another big body with experience.

GT sources think Knox is GT bound after having his transfer to UAB denied.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 18, 2010 -> 12:45 AM)
GT sources think Knox is GT bound after having his transfer to UAB denied.

I hear he had a visit to Carolina, don't know how it went. I hope he comes in, it just seems like a perfect fit for Carolina. Experienced big body, with only 1 year left to be used as a stopgap measure, while leaving the recruiting spot open for a stud next year.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 18, 2010 -> 05:44 AM)
Ga Tech is fighting to get Thornton eligible, and they're pretty optimistic he will be. He's expected to announce for them on Thursday.

Thornton signs with Georgia after finding out the ACC wouldn't clear him to play next season. Knox is visiting GT now, and it's close between GT and UNC.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 19, 2010 -> 10:20 AM)
Thornton signs with Georgia after finding out the ACC wouldn't clear him to play next season. Knox is visiting GT now, and it's close between GT and UNC.

Yeah, it does seem that Ga. Tech has the inside track on Knox at this point. He really wanted to go to UAB to be close to his child, and Atlanta is closer then North Carolina. Since he isn't allowed to transfer to a school in Alabama Ga. Tech seems to have an advantage there. The Heels officially offered him on his visit, who knows maybe he will come to blue heaven after all, but the signs seem to point toward him being a Yellow Jacket.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 19, 2010 -> 10:20 AM)

Now I am hearing that Know cancelled his visit to Ga. Tech. He had already had one visit there so cancelling a 2nd visit isn't that major. His Uncle has said they are cancelling the planed 2nd visit to Tech and Knox will make his decision in the next 2 weeks, Sounds a bit better with Carolina having the last visit now, but still will be tough to top the lure of Atlanta with his family situation.

QUOTE (JuiceCruz16 @ May 19, 2010 -> 07:17 PM)
Now I am hearing that Know cancelled his visit to Ga. Tech. He had already had one visit there so cancelling a 2nd visit isn't that major. His Uncle has said they are cancelling the planed 2nd visit to Tech and Knox will make his decision in the next 2 weeks, Sounds a bit better with Carolina having the last visit now, but still will be tough to top the lure of Atlanta with his family situation.

That's not true now, as Knox was at GT with Iman Shumpert last night.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 20, 2010 -> 06:49 AM)
Terence Jones, who announced he was going to Washington at a presser weeks ago, has officially signed with Kentucky.

Gotta love Calipari and his 2.0 team GPA. Seconds after Terrance Jones' press conference to attend Washington, Calipari calls him and lays a guilt trip on him. Jones reconsiders(probably gets envelope from worldwide wes) and commits to Kentucky a few weeks later. Only a piece of s*** like Calipari would do that to a kid after his press conference to attend another school. He did the same thing before with Kanter stealing him from UW. I'm rooting for a heart attack or car accident for Calipari. Can't say I've ever actually truly hated anyone in sports, until Calipari came along.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 19, 2010 -> 03:01 PM)
That's not true now, as Knox was at GT with Iman Shumpert last night.

There are reports that Shumpert and he were at Ga. Tech for 2 days, while others are saying that wasn't true. His Uncle did report that they were cancelling and headed back to Alabama. In any event it seems like he will have a press conference today at 2 p.m. Should be interesting, a lot of attention for a 1 year transfer.

Edited by JuiceCruz16

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ May 20, 2010 -> 07:50 AM)
Gotta love Calipari and his 2.0 team GPA. Seconds after Terrance Jones' press conference to attend Washington, Calipari calls him and lays a guilt trip on him. Jones reconsiders(probably gets envelope from worldwide wes) and commits to Kentucky a few weeks later. Only a piece of s*** like Calipari would do that to a kid after his press conference to attend another school. He did the same thing before with Kanter stealing him from UW. I'm rooting for a heart attack or car accident for Calipari. Can't say I've ever actually truly hated anyone in sports, until Calipari came along.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5203718

Romar said he hasn't ever witnessed a situation where two players committed to Washington and then signed with another school, the same school and in this case Kentucky.

"It's a unique circumstance," Romar said.

Yeah. "Unique." It's called clearly doing something against the rules, but since Kentucky makes too much money, the NCAA ignores it. See: USC football.

I hope Kentucky fans enjoy this little 2-3 year run. And after all the s*** hits the fan and the records have to be changed, I'll be there laughing. You get what you pay for in that business. Ask Indiana fans.

QUOTE (JuiceCruz16 @ May 20, 2010 -> 08:21 AM)
There are reports that Shumpert and he were at Ga. Tech for 2 days, while others are saying that wasn't true. His Uncle did report that they were cancelling and headed back to Alabama. In any event it seems like he will have a press conference today at 2 p.m. Should be interesting, a lot of attention for a 1 year transfer.

Well Knox's uncle has spoken to the rumors. He confirmed that Knox was not at Ga. Tech this weekend as some reported, but said that Knox will not make a commitment at his press comference today either. He is reported as saying earlier that Carolina is the favorite after his vist to Chapel Hill for whatever that's worth. This is getting hilarious he has 1 freakin year of eligibility left and only averaged like 5 points and 3 rebounds for Alabama last year.

QUOTE (JuiceCruz16 @ May 20, 2010 -> 04:56 PM)
Well Knox's uncle has spoken to the rumors. He confirmed that Knox was not at Ga. Tech this weekend as some reported, but said that Knox will not make a commitment at his press comference today either. He is reported as saying earlier that Carolina is the favorite after his vist to Chapel Hill for whatever that's worth. This is getting hilarious he has 1 freakin year of eligibility left and only averaged like 5 points and 3 rebounds for Alabama last year.

And his uncle is 100% wrong. I don't know who's paying him to say what he is, but three different GT players posted on their twitter accounts yesterday how they were hanging out with Knox. I agree it's funny he's getting this much attention, as he's a very mediocre player.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 20, 2010 -> 06:41 PM)
Mycheal Orr ranked 18th in the latest Rivals.com rankings for 2011. Looking like a terrific commit for Illinois. Abrams and Egwu in the top 75, also. Let's just get Shaw/Davis and Randle, and call it a top-5 recruiting class.

Mycheal Henry from Orr HS FWIW

QUOTE (fathom @ May 20, 2010 -> 05:55 PM)
And his uncle is 100% wrong. I don't know who's paying him to say what he is, but three different GT players posted on their twitter accounts yesterday how they were hanging out with Knox. I agree it's funny he's getting this much attention, as he's a very mediocre player.

It's weird why all the covert movements. I saw where Shumpert mentioned with a big man hopeful on twitter, and Stor said hangin with his boy Justin. His Uncle and others around him have went out of their way to say Justin did not visit, and Hewitt does not acknowledge a visit. The guy who first reported Knox visit has backtracked now. Why all the covert movement if he went? Hell, if he stoped back by Tech I don't understand why they would deny it. Anyhow I guess he will decide by June.

QUOTE (JuiceCruz16 @ May 21, 2010 -> 08:20 AM)
It's weird why all the covert movements. I saw where Shumpert mentioned with a big man hopeful on twitter, and Stor said hangin with his boy Justin. His Uncle and others around him have went out of their way to say Justin did not visit, and Hewitt does not acknowledge a visit. The guy who first reported Knox visit has backtracked now. Why all the covert movement if he went? Hell, if he stoped back by Tech I don't understand why they would deny it. Anyhow I guess he will decide by June.

Knox did an interview with a Fayettevlle blogger and pretty much said that Carolina had him at hello once he got to Chapel Hill. After the visit and seeing the tradition and enviroment he was totally sold. Sounds similar to Harrison Barnes and the impression the on campus visit made on him. Hopefully Austin Rivers will have a similar experience when he takes his official visit, because right now Rivers seems a pretty heavy Duke lean.

Edited by JuiceCruz16

There is talk of James McAdoo taking 1 to 3 classes this summer which would allow him to graduate early. If he does this he would then decide if he wants play for the Heels or maybe just redshirt and develop in practice against the higher competition. In any event it looks like a distinct possibility that McAdoo will be at Chapel Hill a year earlier then expected. At 6'8 with his skills if he decides to come early I think he will be a instant factor this year!

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 10:13 AM)
Damn, Tressel is going to have the entire class signed by the end of the summer. 2 more huge recruits including Evan Spencer out of Vernon Hills.

I remember watching Spencer as a sophomore on varsity and couldn't believe he was a soph. He is strong and fast. Vernon Hills should be good this year with him and Davaris Daniels, but they don't play anyone and it hurts come playoffs in 5A.

• 2 weeks later...