Official Recruiting Thread II

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 09:31 AM)
Royce White visiting ISU today, final 3 of Baylor, Kentucky and Iowa State.

I would NOT want to be part of that recruiting duo of $chool$. :huh:

Edited by Palehosefan

Ex-basketball Gopher Royce White and his former coach at Hopkins High, Ken Novak, on Wednesday visited Iowa State, coached by ex-Timberwolf Fred Hoiberg. The Cyclones now appear to be the front-runner for the 6-8, 240-pound White, but he'll need an NCAA waiver to be eligible next season.

Charley Walters - TwinCities.com

Simply delicious.

Ex-basketball Gopher Royce White and his former coach at Hopkins High, Ken Novak, on Wednesday visited Iowa State, coached by ex-Timberwolf Fred Hoiberg. The Cyclones now appear to be the front-runner for the 6-8, 240-pound White, but he'll need an NCAA waiver to be eligible next season.

Charley Walters - TwinCities.com

Simply delicious.

QUOTE (Felix @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 02:33 PM)
Royce White can rot in hell.

Apparently he could officially be on his way to Iowa State very soon.

The Mayor isn't f***ing around.

Sources around Iowa State are very confident that they will get Royce White.

19 minutes ago via web

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 02:47 PM)
Apparently he could officially be on his way to Iowa State very soon.

The Mayor isn't f***ing around.

Yeah only to be kicked out of school within months for doing something else ridiculously stupid.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 10:27 AM)
With what scholarship?

When he's at Miami and not Ohio State this fall, will you come in here and admit I was right? :) I don't have a Miami scholarship availabilty chart in front of me, but he's going to be there.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 10:31 AM)
When he's at Miami and not Ohio State this fall, will you come in here and admit I was right? :) I don't have a Miami scholarship availabilty chart in front of me, but he's going to be there.

I know OSU didnt ask for him back, found that out yesterday. Miami is several players over limit and even had to sneak a player in on a track scholly. They have zero room. He'll have to enroll at JUCO.

Shannon has said that he will always keep a ship open for situations like this.

Miami is also expecting some kids not to enroll come August from their recruiting class. So that will also help bring the number down to 85. It seems like every year Miami is over the 85 limit but somehow makes to 85 when camp rolls around.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:52 AM)
Shannon has said that he will always keep a ship open for situations like this.

Miami is also expecting some kids not to enroll come August from their recruiting class. So that will also help bring the number down to 85. It seems like every year Miami is over the 85 limit but somehow makes to 85 when camp rolls around.

He hasnt though, you are so over your limit that you had to sneak a player in on a track scholly which is valid until he plays his first game of football. I think he sticks in out in JUCO for a year then goes to the Canes.

Edit: Just checked, 4+Anderson over the limit, but looking like 6 may be ineligible (how is that possible). So he may be able to play if he can somehow slip in.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 04:10 PM)
He hasnt though, you are so over your limit that you had to sneak a player in on a track scholly which is valid until he plays his first game of football. I think he sticks in out in JUCO for a year then goes to the Canes.

Edit: Just checked, 4+Anderson over the limit, but looking like 6 may be ineligible (how is that possible). So he may be able to play if he can somehow slip in.

Anderson wont be suiting up for football this fall unless a DB that signed preps and it looks like one of them will. If that guy does make it to camp then Anderson wont take a football scholly until January.

There will be a few signees that will prep this year because they wont have the grades. Happens all the time, sometimes they re-commit to the original team, sometimes they dont. Plus there is a kicker on scholarship that is about to become 3rd string and many dont expect him to come back. Only the coaches know that right now and the rest of us wont know until players report in August.