Official Recruiting Thread II

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 10, 2013 -> 08:10 AM)
Kentucky adds Dominique Hawkins to their recruiting class, which makes 8. Isn't ranked on the major lists but was named Mr. Basketball in Kentucky. Not sure how many minutes he expects to get. His other offers were from Purdue, South Carolina, Morehead St, Western Kentucky and Tennessee Tech.

I imagine he sees 5-10 minutes a game because Kentucky doesn't have a ton of depth at guard despite their ridiculous amount of talent. They have 3 top 10 guards coming in between the Harrison twins and James Young but they really don't return any guards on their roster so they will need someone else to give them some minutes. Of course if they get Wiggins that changes things.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 10, 2013 -> 10:00 AM)
Hey I was just looking for the details on the numbers. Your brother in Cream and Crimson refused to do so. I knew I could count on you Rex.

Whats the point? We're not part of the Indiana program. From what I'm hearing, there's a better chance that Indiana is under the scholarship limit than over/right at it. Which is likely why they are now going after Sina.

If Illinois can land Josh Davis, they would have the best newcomers in the conference next year. Not really a banner year for BT recruiting, but still nice. Davis is still a longshot, but may have Illinois in his top 4 depending who you believe.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 10, 2013 -> 10:40 AM)
So, the Big Ten has a chance of being pretty mediocre next year. Lots of talent leaving, with potentially more to go.

Yeah, and not a whole lot of instant impact talent coming in. Per Rivals, Vonleh (#7) is the only top 30 kid heading to the B1G.

Ohio State should be tough. Haven't heard much about Payne and Harris, but if they could back, Michigan State should be tough next year as well. I think Wisconsin is going to be good next year. Indiana has young talent, but they are replacing a lot of pieces. Iowa and Purdue both could be interesting. If McGary, GRIII, Hardaway and Burke all go, Michigan will be down. Illinois is likely to have something of a rebuilding year (5 freshman, not a lot of shooters).

If the MSU guys come back, the B1G will have at least 3 teams capable of making a Final Four run.

Some guys over at Illinois Loyalty (a few posters now it looks like) are saying that UI and MSU are 50/50 for Cliff now. Seems optimistic imo.

Would be HUGE for Illinois to get him.

Edited by bigruss22

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Apr 10, 2013 -> 03:12 PM)
Some guys over at Illinois Loyalty (a few posters now it looks like) are saying that UI and MSU are 50/50 for Cliff now. Seems optimistic imo.

Brad Stevens is on a plane to Champaign as we speak...

Chris Collins not fooling around. In on Ulis, Vic Law, and Paul white.

Doubt he gets Ulis but other two would be nice. White not the stud people thought he would be yet.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Apr 10, 2013 -> 09:12 PM)

Site is awful for inside info. It's a bunch of posters claiming they know all, and then more posters backing them up on being right all the time...when they have never been right about anything...ever.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 10, 2013 -> 06:19 PM)
Site is awful for inside info. It's a bunch of posters claiming they know all, and then more posters backing them up on being right all the time...when they have never been right about anything...ever.

Oh yea I totally get that from the site, I'm just stoked with what Groce has been able to accomplish thus far and I reallllly hope he can finally land the big time recruit and the dominos start to fall.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 10, 2013 -> 06:53 PM)
I took advantage of the free one week trial, no credit card provided at the Illini Scout site. If anyone wants info from the articles or private message board, let me know.

If there's anything on there worth letting us know about, certainly would appreciate it.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 10, 2013 -> 06:19 PM)

Not true, I feel the moderator there is a bit annoying but there a handful of posters with at least more knowledge than the regular person. The problem is recruiting isnt a sure thing and people say there is a good chance the illini land so and so and everyone thinks that is a lock. I think if we had Groce a year earlier a bunch of those players we just missed on would be coming to Champaign instead.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 10:26 PM)
Crean's ability to coach? :ph34r:

I could live with that. I wouldn't add much to that discussion. I try not to act like I know more than coaches who have tons of experience based on knowing what happened after the fact. Coaching is hard and decisions have to be made on the fly with many other things going on. Sometimes they are wrong and things work out. Sometimes they make the right decision and it doesn't work out. I'd never claim that Coach Crean is the best strategist on the bench. But I'm comfortable that he's a damned good coach and knows a hell of a lot more than I do.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 10, 2013 -> 06:53 PM)
I took advantage of the free one week trial, no credit card provided at the Illini Scout site. If anyone wants info from the articles or private message board, let me know.

hey man any info you can give me on the Illini recruiting from would be awesome. PM me if you want. Thanks

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 11, 2013 -> 10:57 PM)
Heard Creaning got some national airplay on espn radio today.

It did, then after a break they apologized because they didn't know Roth left after 4 years and two degrees. Golic said he has no problem with that as the same thing happened with his son at Notre Dame.

So it looks like Aaron Cosby, a transfer from seton hall, is going to Illinois (just tweeted I-L-L and people are saying he committed). Huge pickup if true

E: Marcus Jackson, the Illini beat writer,is reporting the verbal. Legit

Edited by Boogua

QUOTE (Boogua @ Apr 13, 2013 -> 05:06 AM)
So it looks like Aaron Cosby, a transfer from seton hall, is going to Illinois (just tweeted I-L-L and people are saying he committed). Huge pickup if true

Saw him play a lot in the Big East, and he's a solid player but I see him as more of a 6th man for Illinois. He'll be a good fit for their perimeter based offense as long as he doesn't have to make a lot of decisions with the ball.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 12, 2013 -> 11:16 PM)
Saw him play a lot in the Big East, and he's a solid player but I see him as more of a 6th man for Illinois.

He averaged 12.5 PPG in the big east as a true sophomore. He shot 40% from 3 on 5 attempts per game. i would be willing to wager that he starts when able (as a redshirt junior). He would definitely start this year if eligible.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Apr 13, 2013 -> 05:21 AM)
He averaged 12.5 PPG in the big east as a true sophomore. He shot 40% from 3 on 5 attempts per game. i would be willing to wager that he starts when able (as a redshirt junior). He would definitely start this year if eligible.

I doubt Kendrick Nunn is going to Illinois though to not start until his senior year (assuming Hill start as the SF).