Official Recruiting Thread II

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ May 9, 2013 -> 06:57 AM)
Looks like Evan Gordon (Erics brother) will be transferring from ASU to play his final season closer to home. It looks like it will be Indiana, as they have an open scholarship.

Good move for this year, and even better for the future. Eron Gordon is a 2016 recruit that will likely be a top 3 recruit in the nation. Playing up with the 17 year olds this year, he's just dominating putting up close to 25PPG in AAU. A lot like his brother Eric.

I guess it makes sense since we could use another ballhandler and it would only be for a year. I hadn't seen that he was considering IU, though.

I haven't followed his college career, but IIRC he wasn't too highly recruited out of high school. Has he done much at ASU?

Edited by farmteam

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ May 9, 2013 -> 06:57 AM)
Looks like Evan Gordon (Erics brother) will be transferring from ASU to play his final season closer to home. It looks like it will be Indiana, as they have an open scholarship.

Good move for this year, and even better for the future. Eron Gordon is a 2016 recruit that will likely be a top 3 recruit in the nation. Playing up with the 17 year olds this year, he's just dominating putting up close to 25PPG in AAU. A lot like his brother Eric.

Gordon? BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

QUOTE (IowanSoxFan @ May 14, 2013 -> 11:49 AM)
Well, at least I'll get to see him play in person next year in Ames. Besides that, this sucks.

Something tells me it'll be Big Monday again.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ May 19, 2013 -> 12:00 PM)
Theo Pinson to announce Wednesday. Apparently, IU has a pretty good chance

Yeah, Pinson said IU was looking pretty good as of a weekend ago. Who knows, though. When his final choices are Duke, Georgetown, Indiana, Louisville and North Carolina, he can't really go wrong.

Apparently a South Florida principal has nudged his HC out after a 10-2 season(30-16 in 4 seasons) because their 4-star WR chose Miami over Florida St. The former HC is an ex-Miami player. The principal is a FSU alumnus. The new HC is Kez McCorvey, former FSU WR.

Recruiting is such a dirty game.

Apparently a South Florida principal has nudged his HC out after a 10-2 season(30-16 in 4 seasons) because their 4-star WR chose Miami over Florida St. The former HC is an ex-Miami player. The principal is a FSU alumnus. The new HC is Kez McCorvey, former FSU WR.

Recruiting is such a dirty game.

Is this a 2013 signee or a 2014 commit? Because if the firing happened before signing day, that could be considered by the NCAA to be undue influence by an FSU booster.

Of course, this isn't surprising coming from a school that would employ a jackass like Bobby Bowden for 40-whatever years.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ May 22, 2013 -> 07:44 PM)
Is this a 2013 signee or a 2014 commit? Because if the firing happened before signing day, that could be considered by the NCAA to be undue influence by an FSU booster.

Of course, this isn't surprising coming from a school that would employ a jackass like Bobby Bowden for 40-whatever years.

He was a signee for 2013. I dont know if this principal is a booster so I dont think its fair to tie FSU into this. Just another overzealous adult trying to live through kids. Usually its a family member or coach.

But this is the crap Miami has to deal with when it comes to South Florida. The educational system down there is pathetic and a lot of these kids are being pushed towards out of state schools by adults with their own interests at hand. It's not a coincidence that schools like Louisville, West Virginia, Rutgers and some SEC schools have flourished since Miami has been down since 2005. Kids are now barely qualifying out of HS and can only get into schools that accept any warm body.

He was a signee for 2013. I dont know if this principal is a booster so I dont think its fair to tie FSU into this. Just another overzealous adult trying to live through kids. Usually its a family member or coach.

But this is the crap Miami has to deal with when it comes to South Florida. The educational system down there is pathetic and a lot of these kids are being pushed towards out of state schools by adults with their own interests at hand. It's not a coincidence that schools like Louisville, West Virginia, Rutgers and some SEC schools have flourished since Miami has been down since 2005. Kids are now barely qualifying out of HS and can only get into schools that accept any warm body.

If the principal is taking any action to encourage recruits to attend his alma mater, then he's defined as a booster by the NCAA regardless of whether or not he has any official ties to any booster organizations.

If the kid had already signed his LOI when the principal fired the coach, then it's not a violation unless the principal made threats to do so before signing day. He's still an asshole, but not one in violation of NCAA rules.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 22, 2013 -> 03:02 PM)
Is IU going to focus on Lyle as a priority now?

Nah, that's a team blowup waiting to happen. It's been known for a while that's he's pretty much locked into going to Louisville or Ohio State. They can deal with him.

Indiana leads for Exum (who's the big one) and Okonoboh. I think they'll take those two and then grab another high level guard. We're after so many, it's hard to tell.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 23, 2013 -> 09:44 AM)
LOL, we'll gladly take Lyle though I think he's bound for the champs.

Seriously... Illinois is on his final list too, although I doubt he becomes an Illini. If he doesn't at least I can say "let him be a cancer on some other team". Funny.