Official Recruiting Thread II

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 13, 2013 -> 07:54 PM)
If people are going to suspect Illinois of foul play in getting a recruit like Cliff, take that times 10 for DePaul

This is my favorite part of recruiting.

If Calipari gets that basketball recruit, he has to be dirty. But if he goes to my school, he's obviously clean. But if he goes to a really s***ty basketball school, of course they are cheating.

All those top 100 football recruits at Alabama are so getting paid. But no top 100 recruits at my school are breaking rules.

It's got to be Illinois. All this recent DePaul talk is just that, talk. No one wants their announcement leaked beforehand, so why not put out some rumors.

After it happens... Then I can sit back and watch Illini fans validate how "Creaning" two players is different at Illinois than at IU, right? :lol:

Edited by He_Gawn

It almost feels like when I listened to the OJ verdict in high school.

You're confident it will be one decision but there is a possibility you'll be shocked when it's the other.

Disclaimer: I'm in no way comparing high school recruiting to a double murder.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 14, 2013 -> 07:03 AM)
It almost feels like when I listened to the OJ verdict in high school.

You're confident it will be one decision but there is a possibility you'll be shocked when it's the other.

Disclaimer: I'm in no way comparing high school recruiting to a double murder.

"If Groce's offer is legit, Cliff must take it." :P

Lame, I know. I'm no Johnnie Cochran, or even a Jackie Chiles.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Nov 14, 2013 -> 06:31 AM)
It's got to be Illinois. All this recent DePaul talk is just that, talk. No one wants their announcement leaked beforehand, so why not put out some rumors.

After it happens... Then I can sit back and watch Illini fans validate how "Creaning" two players is different at Illinois than at IU, right? :lol:

There is a reason its called Creaning. Nobody does it like the orange one.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Nov 14, 2013 -> 07:31 AM)

My understanding is it will only be one player at most since one of the transfers was informed (has to be Starks or Paul) that he might need to pay his own way for a year if something like this happened. Starks makes the most sense since everyone was clearly hoping he would get a waiver to be eligible this year.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 14, 2013 -> 10:38 AM)
My understanding is it will only be one player at most since one of the transfers was informed (has to be Starks or Paul) that he might need to pay his own way for a year if something like this happened. Starks makes the most sense since everyone was clearly hoping he would get a waiver to be eligible this year.

No that doesn't count, because Hulls family offered to do that too and everyone cried foul... Remember? ;)

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 14, 2013 -> 10:43 AM)
Da'Shawn Hand deciding between Michigan, Alabama and Florida today. Sounds like it is Michigan. Have to question a defensive lineman picking Brady Hoke and Michigan over Alabama.

Its been Michigan for well over 6 months. The hat game is a formality, and the hype is mostly because Mike Farrell has been on this kid since 9th grade.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 14, 2013 -> 11:43 AM)
Da'Shawn Hand deciding between Michigan, Alabama and Florida today. Sounds like it is Michigan. Have to question a defensive lineman picking Brady Hoke and Michigan over Alabama.

Go Blue. Keep him out of the SEC.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Nov 14, 2013 -> 01:03 PM)
Momentum has swung back Kansas's way. I can't wait for this recruitment to be over. It has just been crazy.

Seriously.

My odds:

40% Illinois

40% Kansas

15% Depaul

5% Memphis

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 14, 2013 -> 01:41 PM)
Though it's so odd that people have been switching back to Kansas when that Taylor Rooks chick said she thought it was down to Illinois and Depaul.

Yea, I'm not really sure how to interpret her article. I don't think she would even put her opinion out there if Cliff didn't like it, he pretty much is controlling what she's reporting (benefiting both parties right now).

If KU really has lost out on Jones/Okafor then they will push for Cliff and do anything necessary to get him, that scares me (think Wiggins over UK last year). I can't count them out because who knows what they had up their sleeves this past week.

Meanwhile, Illinois makes so much sense for him and Groce has done a great job recruiting him. I'm trying to temper my hopes because this recruitment has been as crazy as any in terms of guesses to where he's going. Cliff has played this recruitment perfectly in terms of drumming up excitement for his decision, it's aggravating as an Illinois fan but I understand why he's doing it.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Nov 14, 2013 -> 07:45 PM)
Yea, I'm not really sure how to interpret her article. I don't think she would even put her opinion out there if Cliff didn't like it, he pretty much is controlling what she's reporting (benefiting both parties right now).

If KU really has lost out on Jones/Okafor then they will push for Cliff and do anything necessary to get him, that scares me (think Wiggins over UK last year). I can't count them out because who knows what they had up their sleeves this past week.

Meanwhile, Illinois makes so much sense for him and Groce has done a great job recruiting him. I'm trying to temper my hopes because this recruitment has been as crazy as any in terms of guesses to where he's going. Cliff has played this recruitment perfectly in terms of drumming up excitement for his decision, it's aggravating as an Illinois fan but I understand why he's doing it.

Which makes Rooks reporting Kansas was out last night even more confusing.